Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unzip - percentage of uncompression Post 302944794 by mohanpadamata on Friday 22nd of May 2015 03:38:04 AM
Old 05-22-2015
Error Unzip - percentage of uncompression

Hi Experts,

Recently i have faced couple of issues in uncompressing a file. File is is not getting uncompressed fully.i.e. E.g. say if the file has 1000 lines , it uncompresses 100 lines and finishes with out error.

is there a way to check the percentage of uncompression done by the unzip command ? based on this result, i have to falg an alert.

I have checked unzip man pages but verbose mode is not giving the percentage of uncompression done.

Any pointers?

I am using Linux.

Thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

2. Programming

how do I calculate percentage ?

int percent (int a, int b) { if (b/a*100 > 25) return TRUE; else return FALSE; } I want to calculate what percentage of a is b. say if b = 48, a = 100 so b is 48% of a but wouldnt b/a give me 0 ??? what can be done ?? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
6 Replies

3. Linux

filesystem percentage

hi guys, im new in linux i need your help. my problem is how can i take the % here's the sample Available Used(%) Mounted On 1.2G 73% /var 299.3M 72% /home 520.3M 88% /home/file 164.8M 84% /home/prd 812.6M 79% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hdroid0326
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i calculate percentage ??

i have 3 files like total.dat=18 equal.dat=14 notequal.dat=16 i need find the equal percentange means: equalpercentage = ($equal.dat / $total.dat * 100) How i can do this ? I tried some of the answers to calculate the percentage in this forums.but it couldn't worked.Some one please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

percentage

How to calculate percentage of two values in unix. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Uncompression file problem

hi i get .gz file from internet when i uncompress that file i getting wrong file fatmat for ex : file name x.gz inside x.gz ---> file name is abc.bat when i uncompresss >gunzip x.gz i am getting output as abc file format is wrong (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get average and percentage non zero value

How to calculate percentage non zero value occurrence base on value col 1 and 2 2017 a 0 2017 a 2 2017 a 4 2017 a 2 2017 a 0 2017 b 2 2017 b 6 2016 a 2 2016 a 2 2016 b 2 2016 b 8 2016 b 0 2016 b 0 2016 c 2 2016 c 2 2016 c 0 i manage to get average # awk '{A++;B+=$3}END{for(X in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: before4
1 Replies
XOSD_SET_BAR_LENGTH(3)													    XOSD_SET_BAR_LENGTH(3)

NAME
xosd_set_bar_length - Change the length of the percentage bar or slider SYNOPSIS
#include <xosd.h> int xosd_set_bar_length (xosd *osd, int displayPercentage); DESCRIPTION
xosd_set_bar_length changes the percentage of the display used by a slider or percentage bar. Normally the XOSD choses a sensible length for the bar, but you may wish to change the default behavior if there are only a small number of possible values to be displayed. ARGUMENTS
osd The XOSD window to alter. displayPercentage The percentage of the display to be used up by the slider or percentage bar, as an interger between 0 and 100. Setting displayPer- centage to -1 reverts to the default behaviour. RETURN VALUE
On success, a zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned and xosd_error is set to indicate the reason for the error. ENVIRONMENT
char *xosd_error A string describing the error, if one occurred. BUGS
There are no known bugs with xosd_set_bar_length. Bug reports can be sent to <xosd@ignavus.net>. AUTHORS
The XOSD library was originally written by Andre Renaud, and is currently maintained by Tim Wright. This document was written by Michael JasonSmith. SEE ALSO
xosd_create(3), xosd_display(3). XOSD_SET_BAR_LENGTH(3)