Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wanted: Feedback on TUI
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Wanted: Feedback on TUI Post 302944132 by bakunin on Friday 15th of May 2015 04:06:52 PM
Old 05-15-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sea
Or could i just leave the command-names as they are now, and just rename the project?
No, i think you should undergo the extra effort. The problem is that the "good names" are usually already used and the more common your names are the more likely you are clashing with something already existing.

Personally i am a fan of Hungarian Style Notation, although i stripped it down and modified it for my personal needs, so take the following as a template and modify it until it suits you. Here is my (personal) convention for my own library and internal script functions:

f_Name - external function, all of these come from /usr/local/lib/ksh
pName - internal function in a script returning <void> (aka "procedure")
fName - internal function returning something meaningful (aka "function")

So i can tell from the name alone where i will have to look. If you would at least provide a common beginning, like, for instance, "hcFunctionOne", "hcFunctionTwo", etc. or "ClioFunctionOne", "ClioFunctionTwo" and so on it would help immensely. Not only because it helps keeping track of where a function came from but also because it would avoid possible name clashes. How many functions are out there named "Clio*" or "hc*"?

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback on Script.

Hi all, Would like to get some feedback on a scrip that I've finished writing at home for work. Any constructive feedback from operations used to legibility, etc. would be appreciated - anything at all. It's my first real script that will be running on a clients server. The script is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

feedback form ?! :-(

hi, i am VERY new to UNIX. just wanted some help on a feedback form that i have hosted on a unix server. the feedback form is in asp and doesnt work on unix. any other language to get it working ?? HELP !!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shahenil
3 Replies

3. Programming

Feedback algorithm

Hi I search an exemple of scheduling Feedback algorithm, or help about how to create one. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: messier79
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

kshdb feedback

Hi I'm looking for some feedback on kshdb, what are peoples general feeling about it etc. Also has anyone used this as a test mechanism? I am thinking about trying to wrap a basic test script around this. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eeisken
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Start SAM in TUI from CDE session

how can i start sam in TUI mode from a CDE session. i'm using hp-ux 11iv3 i tried to start SAM from a terminal from CDE session but each time i try to start it System Managment Homepage starts , so i telneted to server from a pc to start sam in TUI mode is there any other way to set my SAM to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

where do the configuration files from Redhat (fedora) authconfig-tui reside?

I have tried moving out the /etc/ldap.conf as well as /etc/openldap/ldap.conf files. I have LDAP Authentication turned on in the TUI. It lets me define a host and base, but the entries are not saved to the above files. /etc/sysconfig/authconfig has a bunch of environmental variables, but none... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: druidmatrix
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SH] TUI not always properly aligned

Heyas I havent found a thread to introduce, so i combine it with the issue i have. EDIT /* Removed Problem because solved */ My first contact with Linux was back in 1995 with slackware, beeing a gamer back then, i (sadly) didnt bother to dig deeper. I finaly joined the Linux community in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

TUI for Raspery Pi?

Heyas Just followed a conversation on IRC#ffmpeg, actualy just from the logs as they were offline when i came back. Anyway, they were talking about a terminal interface for their Raspery Pi using SSH. But it might just be a great usage case for TUI. It should display well, i hope, but i... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Wanted: Feedback on TUI (2)

Hello everyone It just so happend that TUI was rejected from GNU for the moment, with one of the reasons beeing that additional user feedback was required. So, if you like scripting, bash in specific, please have a try and report your feedback, to help me find all issues to fix, and as i... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feedback wanted for upcoming script language

Hi I'm currently rewriting a project from install-required to a pure runtime form. The former had required the project name and the definition of the command as name, as they all become functions now, this could be shorter. As you might have figured, the project already exists in another... (3 Replies)
3 Replies
DOKUWIKI-ADDSITE(1)						   User commands					       DOKUWIKI-ADDSITE(1)

NAME
dokuwiki-addsite - Create a new site driven by DokuWiki SYNOPSIS
dokuwiki-addsite {SITE_NAME} DESCRIPTION
DokuWiki is a standards compliant, simple to use wiki mainly aimed at creating documentation of any kind. dokuwiki-addsite creates the file hierarchy and configuration required to define a new site driven by the installed DokuWiki engine. OPTIONS
SITE_NAME Name of the site to create. For a virtual host-based setup, it reflects the corresponding hostname. For instance, for a site accessible at an address such as http://wiki.project.example.com:8080/foo/bar/, it can be either project.example.com, wiki.project.example.com, wiki.project.example.com.foo.bar or even 8080.wiki.project.example.com.foo.bar. For a directory or htaccess-based setup, this is the corresponding site identifier. For instance, for a site accessible at an address such as http://wiki.example.com/project/, rewritten by the web server as doku.php?animal=project, it is simply project. NOTES
The site configuration is stored in /etc/dokuwiki/farm/SITE_NAME/, and the data is stored in /var/lib/dokuwiki/farm/SITE_NAME/, as indicated in the site configuration. In a virtual host-based setup, if you need to make a given site accessible at several URLs, you can symlink its configuration directory to another name (it is not necessary to symlink the data directory). If you need to rename a site, you can rename the configuration and data directories, and edit the configuration to point to the new data directory. BUGS
No check is done against the SITE_NAME, just avoid names like ../../../etc. Please report any bug to the Debian BTS. SEE ALSO
dokuwiki-delsite(1), http://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:farm AUTHOR
Tanguy Ortolo <tanguy+debian@ortolo.eu> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Tanguy Ortolo This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. DokuWiki 05/18/2011 DOKUWIKI-ADDSITE(1)