Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need shell script to Telnet multiple node , Ping some IP and print output Post 302943561 by sea on Sunday 10th of May 2015 05:28:49 AM
Old 05-10-2015
For a new one, you writing quite complex scripts Smilie
Anyway, just writing the basics, try (untested):
Code:
while read tIP pIP
    ping6 -c1 $pIP | grep -e trans -e ms && \
         echo "$pIP  : Found" >> result_ping.log || \
         echo "$pIP  : 100% packet loss" >> result_ping.log
done</home/lotus/bin/cmd/$iptable_fil

hth
This User Gave Thanks to sea For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to search through numbers and print the output

Suppose u have a file like 1 30 ABCSAAHSNJQJALBALMKAANKAMLAMALK 4562676268836826826868268468368282972982 2863923792102370179372012792701739729291 31 60... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i print the output of the shell script in bigger size

how can i print the output of the shell script in bigger size eg: echo " hello world" i want to print this in the output with bigger size in the middle of the screen. can someone please help me out in that (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatic logging (capture screen output) of telnet/ssh sessions on a Solaris node

Hi I am working in Solaris 10 and I want to monitor logs for every telnet/ssh session that tries to connect to the server. I need these logs to be generated in a file that I can fetch using ftp. I am a new user and a stepwise detail will be great BR saGGee (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saggee
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell Script to compare xml files and print output to a file

All, PLease can you help me with a shell script which can compare two xml files and print the difference to a output file. I have attached one such file for you reference. <Group> <Member ID=":Year_Quad:41501" childCount="4" fullPath="PEPSICO Year-Quad-Wk : FOLDER.52 Weeks Ending Dec... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanthrajgowda
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Ping trace telnet monitoring script

Hello, it is my first post :) I need to implement some monitoring tools in a script, ping telnet traceroute I found this one to ping, it works, #!/bin/sh for i in `cat /tmp/PingStatus.txt` do ping -c 5 -w 5 -n $i | grep -q "bytes from" && echo "$i is OK" || opcmsg object=PING a=OS... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: marmellata
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need bash script to ping the servers and rename the output file each time the script is ran

HI, I have a file serverlist in that all host names are placed. i have written a small script #./testping #! /bin/bash for i in `cat serverlist` do ping $i >> output.txt done so now it creates a file output.txt till here fine.. now each time i run this script the output file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhudeva
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the output of a select query using shell script?

HI, I want to connect to database and fetch the count from a table. The sql query is as below : select count(*) from table_test where test_column='read'; How can I print the output of this statement using shell script. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: confused_info
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Print output in table using shell script

#! /bin/ksh #] && . ./.profile 2>/dev/null if test -f '.profile'; then . ./.profile; fi; #. .profile LOG_DIR=/app/rpx/jobs/scripts/just/logs sendEmail() { pzCType="$1"; pzTitle="$2"; pzMsg="$3"; pzFrom="$4"; pzTo="$5"; pzFiles="$6"; pzReplyTo="$7" ( ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankit.mca.aaidu
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to ping multiple servers

Hi I did the following script to ping multiple servers, but I keep on receiveing duplicate emails for one server that is down: #!/bin/bash date cat /var/tmp/servers.list | while read output do ping -c 1 "$output" > /dev/null if ; then echo "node $output is up" else ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
10 Replies
echo(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						  echo(1B)

NAME
echo - echo arguments to standard output SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/echo [-n] [argument] DESCRIPTION
echo writes its arguments, separated by BLANKs and terminated by a NEWLINE, to the standard output. echo is useful for producing diagnostics in command files and for sending known data into a pipe, and for displaying the contents of envi- ronment variables. For example, you can use echo to determine how many subdirectories below the root directory (/) is your current directory, as follows: o echo your current-working-directory's full pathname o pipe the output through tr to translate the path's embedded slash-characters into space-characters o pipe that output through wc -w for a count of the names in your path. example% /usr/bin/echo "echo $PWD | tr '/' ' ' | wc -w" See tr(1) and wc(1) for their functionality. The shells csh(1), ksh(1), and sh(1), each have an echo built-in command, which, by default, will have precedence, and will be invoked if the user calls echo without a full pathname. /usr/ucb/echo and csh's echo() have an -n option, but do not understand back-slashed escape characters. sh's echo(), ksh's echo(), and /usr/bin/echo, on the other hand, understand the black-slashed escape characters, and ksh's echo() also understands a as the audible bell character; however, these commands do not have an -n option. OPTIONS
-n Do not add the NEWLINE to the output. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
csh(1), echo(1), ksh(1), sh(1), tr(1), wc(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The -n option is a transition aid for BSD applications, and may not be supported in future releases. SunOS 5.11 3 Aug 1994 echo(1B)