Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Printing files in a specific format Post 302942717 by disedorgue on Thursday 30th of April 2015 06:18:55 PM
Old 04-30-2015
Hi,
with gnu sed (not simplified):
Code:
sed -sne '/^ *Table "/{s/[^"]*"//;s/".*//;h;N;N;s/.*//;};/|/!b u;s/ *|.*//;H;:u;${x;s/\n//g;p;}' *.meta

Regards.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing out procedures in unknown format

Does Anybody know how to print procedures written in this format? .. .nr PS 11 .nr VS 14 .nr LL 6.5i .ad l .DA 1/9/91 .in 4.0i .DS Shepard D. Johnson .DE .in 0i .sp .sp .sp .LG .ce .B Pressure Sensors (P/N 16-0018-0 & 16-0018-1) Test Procedure (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rjtrjt
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a specific format to a specific column in a text file using awk and printf

Hi, I have the following text file: 8 T1mapping_flip02 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000008-000001.dcm 9 T1mapping_flip05 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000009-000001.dcm 10 T1mapping_flip10 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000010-000001.dcm 11 T1mapping_flip15 ok 128 108 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing records in different format

Hi all, I have a input file say record.txt hostname IP_address Port_No Version A 10.10.10.1 80 6.02 B 10.10.10.2 81 6.03 C 10.10.10.3 82 6.04 row 1 has 4 field headings : hostname, IP_address, Port_No and Version. and from 2nd row onwards the actual records start. now i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PranavEcstasy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing lines with specific strings at specific columns

Hi I have a file which is tab-delimited. Now, I'd like to print the lines which have "chr6" string in both first and second columns. Could anybody help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_bahreini
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting text files to xls through awk script for specific data format

Dear Friends, I am in urgent need for awk/sed/sh script for converting a specific data format (.txt) to .xls. The input is as follows: >gi|1234|ref| Query = 1 - 65, Target = 1677 - 1733 Score = 8.38, E = 0.6529, P = 0.0001513, GC = 46 fd sdfsdfsdfsdf fsdfdsfdfdfdfdfdf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit1
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with printing output format from a file

Hi, I need help in printing data in below format from file extensions with .dml, i have listed details below file name is test_temp.dml, location in /home/users/test01/test_temp.dml file content: sample_type= record decimal(",") test_type; date("DD-MM-YYYY")(",") test_date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAHinka
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in printing in specific format

Hi All, I 'm matching two files based on the first 2 columns and then populate other fields along with subtraction of few fields. I have managed to get the output. However, is there a easier way in formatting the output as shown below instead of using additional printf for getting fixed width... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To find files having filename containing specific date format

Hi, I have a requirement to create a shell script(tcsh) that finds all the files in a directory having the file name containing date format "YYYYMMDDHHMM" and extract the date time part ""YYYYMMDDHHMM" for further processing. Could you please have any idea on this. trades_201604040000.out... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopal.biswal
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Program to search for the files with specific format

Hi All, Your help on the below requirement is highly appreciated. I am building a program which should pick the file from a source directory and place them into target directory. While selecting the file in source it should look for some pattern in the file name. Ex: File Name 1:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath561989
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Printing df -h output in json format

Hi All, i am trying to print the df -h ouput in json format. using below script. #!/usr/bin/env bash df -h > /tmp/sdf nawk '{print " "$1" "$2" "$3" "$4" "$5" "$6" "}' /tmp/sdf > /tmp/sdf1 nawk 'NR==1 { for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) { f = i }}{ print $(f), $(f), $(f), $(f), ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravani25
2 Replies
MACSAVE(L)																MACSAVE(L)

NAME
macsave - Save Mac files read from standard input SYNOPSIS
macsave [ - options ] DESCRIPTION
macsave reads a sequence of Macintosh MacBinary files from standard input and writes the files it contains subject to the options speci- fied. OPTIONS
In the absence of any options, macsave reads standard input and silently writes the file(s) it contains in MacBinary format, giving the output files ".bin" extensions and placing them in the current working directory. Subdirectories are created for embedded folders. -3 Write files in fork format (.info, .data and .rsrc files.) -f As -3, but empty data and rsrc files are not created. -r Write resource forks only (.rsrc files.) -d Write data forks only (.data files.) -u As -d, but the codes for CR and LF are interchanged, the filename extension is .text. -U As -u, but there is no filename extension. -a Write files in AppleShare format. This option is only valid if the program is compiled with support for some form of AppleShare. The current directory must be a valid AppleShare folder. -s Write extracted files to standard output in MacBinary format. -l List every file extracted (and every directory/folder created etc.) -v Like -l, but more verbose (implies -l.) -i Do not extract, give information only (implies -l.) -q Ask the user for every file/folder whether it should be extracted (implies -l.) -V Gives the patchlevel of the program, and other information. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. -H Give short information about the options. Other options are ignored and the program quits immediately. BUGS
As this is a beta release, there may still be some problems. SEE ALSO
macutil(1) AUTHOR
Dik T. Winter, CWI, Amsterdam, The Netherlands (dik@cwi.nl) 3rd Berkeley Distribution October 22, 1992 MACSAVE(L)