Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Moving SCO Virtual Machine in VMWare Environment: Critical Licensing Error Messages Post 302941401 by jgt on Wednesday 15th of April 2015 08:03:44 PM
Old 04-15-2015
There are two kinds of messages that you may have.
The first, that the software is not registered. This does not stop the system from running, it only means that you have not told SCO about the installation.
The second, that there are duplicate licenses in use. This usually occurs if you have two systems on the same subnet using the same serial number. One of the machines will stop after an hour the first few times, then eventually immediately. If you had several virtual machines this error may have occurred.
SCO is still in business. You can find them at xinuos.com
What version are you using?
You can find the license number by running scoadmin->license-manager.
If you have registered the software, SCO will provide you with the license key.

What is the output of "uname -X"?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

deleted a virtual machine with critical data under CentOS

Hi all, I'm in a pretty messed-up situation, hope you can give me a hand. I deleted by accident a folder containing a VMware server virtual machine, that contains most critical information. The host OS is CentOS 5.5, which I believe by default uses Ext3. I shut down the PC intermediately... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: starriol
2 Replies

2. SCO

SCO Licensing

Hello all, I had a few questions about SCO 5.0.7 if anyone has the time. I have a POS system called RealWorld running on SCO 5.0.7. I have been using the EVAL60ENT code but it has expired and I'm tired of rebuilding/configuring that box from scratch - so I did a little googleing. I found a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: disisit69
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Change hostID of Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine installed by Virtual Box 4.1.12 on Windows-XP host

Trying to set or modify the randomly set hostID of a Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine that I installed on a Windows-XP host machine (using Virtual Box 4.1.12). I was able to set/modify the hostname of the Solaris 10 virtual/guest machine during installation as well as via the Virtual Box... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Matt_VB
4 Replies

4. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

solaris virtual machine vmware esx

Hi All How would you send a solaris virtual machine in vmware esx, a break signal? :confused: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakerock
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool Hi, I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: accipiter1
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Virtual Machine Files from one SSD to Another

Hello All, I recently bought a new 500GB Samsung SSD drive to replace my current (*at that time) internal 256GB OCZ SSD drive. Everyday I run my Windows virtual machine (*as guest) from my Linux OS (*OpenSuSE 11.4 as host) using VMware Player. I run the VM from an External SSD drive... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to check everything are migrated after the physical to vmware virtual machine?

I have a physical machine , just use vmware tools migrated data to virtual machine . how can I check these two servers - old and new server , the data are the same , all files are copy to new server ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Providing virtual machine priority in kvm based virtual machines

Hi All, Is there any way I can prioritize my VMs when there is resource crunch in host machine so that some VMs will be allocated more vcpu, more memory than other VMs in kvm/qemu hypervisor based virtual machines? Lets say in my cloud environment my Ubuntu 16 compute hosts are running some... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SanjayK
0 Replies
uname(1)							   User Commands							  uname(1)

NAME
uname - print name of current system SYNOPSIS
uname [-aimnprsvX] uname [-S system_name] DESCRIPTION
The uname utility prints information about the current system on the standard output. When options are specified, symbols representing one or more system characteristics will be written to the standard output. If no options are specified, uname prints the current operating sys- tem's name. The options print selected information returned by uname(2), sysinfo(2), or both. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a Prints basic information currently available from the system. -i Prints the name of the platform. -m Prints the machine hardware name (class). Use of this option is discouraged. Use uname -p instead. See NOTES section below. -n Prints the nodename (the nodename is the name by which the system is known to a communications network). -p Prints the current host's ISA or processor type. -r Prints the operating system release level. -s Prints the name of the operating system. This is the default. -S system_name The nodename may be changed by specifying a system name argument. The system name argument is restricted to SYS_NMLN char- acters. SYS_NMLN is an implementation specific value defined in <sys/utsname.h>. Only the super-user is allowed this capa- bility. This change does not persist across reboots of the system. Use sys-unconfig(1M) to change a host's name perma- nently. -v Prints the operating system version. -X Prints expanded system information, one information element per line, as expected by SCO UNIX. The displayed information includes: o system name, node, release, version, machine, and number of CPUs. o BusType, Serial, and Users (set to "unknown" in Solaris) o OEM# and Origin# (set to 0 and 1, respectively) EXAMPLES
Example 1: Printing the OS name and release level The following command: example% uname -sr prints the operating system name and release level, separated by one <SPACE> character. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables that affect the execution of uname: LANG, LC_ALL, LC_CTYPE, LC_MES- SAGES, and NLSPATH. SYSV3 This variable is used to override the default behavior of uname. This is necessary to make it possible for some INTERACTIVE UNIX Systems and SCO UNIX programs and scripts to work properly. Many scripts use uname to determine the SYSV3 type or the version of the OS to ensure software is compatible with that OS. Setting SYSV3 to an empty string will make uname print the following default values: nodename nodename 3.2 2 i386 The individual elements that uname displays can also be modified by setting SYSV3 in the following format: os,sysname,node,rel,ver,mach os Operating system (IUS or SCO). sysname System name. node Nodename as displayed by the -n option. rel Release level as displayed by the -r option. ver Version number as displayed by the -v option. mach Machine name as displayed by -m option. Do not put spaces between the elements. If an element is omitted, the current system value will be used. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
arch(1), isalist(1), sys-unconfig(1M), sysinfo(2), uname(2), nodename(4), attributes(5), environ(5), standards(5) NOTES
Independent software vendors (ISVs) and others who need to determine detailed characteristics of the platform on which their software is either being installed or executed should use the uname command. To determine the operating system name and release level, use uname -sr. To determine only the operating system release level, use uname -r. Notice that operating system release levels are not guaranteed to be in x.y format (such as 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, and so forth); future releases could be in the x.y.z format (such as 5.3.1, 5.3.2, 5.4.1, and so forth). In SunOS 4.x releases, the arch(1) command was often used to obtain information similar to that obtained by using the uname command. The arch(1) command output "sun4" was often incorrectly interpreted to signify a SunOS SPARC system. If hardware platform information is desired, use uname -sp. The arch -k and uname -m commands return equivalent values; however, the use of either of these commands by third party programs is dis- couraged, as is the use of the arch command in general. To determine the machine's Instruction Set Architecture (ISA or processor type), use uname with the -p option. SunOS 5.10 17 Sep 2003 uname(1)