Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Sudoers - Revoke default policy Post 302939315 by Chubler_XL on Tuesday 24th of March 2015 04:15:12 PM
Old 03-24-2015
Sudoers - Revoke default policy

I would like to keep my /etc/sudoers file as distributed and only use a /etc/sudoers.d drop-in file instead.

Everything is working fine except for permissions given to the wheel group in the distribution sudoers file:

Code:
## Allows people in group wheel to run all commands
%wheel  ALL=(ALL)       ALL

I don't want people in group wheel to be able to run commands. Now I know I can comment the above line and revoke this permission, however I want to keep the sudoers file as-distributed; so my goal it to revoke these permissions in my drop-in file. I have tried the following without success:

Code:
%wheel
%wheel  ALL=(ALL) !/*

The manual has little info on revoking permissions and I'm running out of ideas.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Revoke Kernel Access..

Hi, I need to know how to revoke the access/permission of Kernel for a group. In details, one of the group 'X' is having kernel access/permission and this group can control the Kernel at anytime. How can we revoke this permission/access ? Thanks, Rohit.. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronix007
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers on HP 11.11

Having a "running low on coffee" moment here & need help. On HP 11.11 where is the sudoers file located; I looked every place I could think of and don't see it. Thanks in advance:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhlopomo
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sudoers

i just installed/configured apache2.0 on my own aix5.3 mini server. i can start/stop apache by root, but i want to start it under my login id(admin) instead. i need to execute this command: /usr/bin/sudo /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/bin/apachectl stop/start. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
5 Replies

4. Solaris

sudoers

this is for the first time i am going to use sudoers i want know how to create sudoers and giving privileges for that users thanks in advance dinu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinu
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Sudoers

Having a bit of a discussion with a software vendor about this. Can anyone confirm my understanding? /etc/sudoers file example:- user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/ls -l user1 server1 = NOPASSWD:/usr/bin/file But then the following command fails (logged in on server 1 as user1) because... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
2 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

User banned, requesting to revoke the ban.

My username is abhilashnair. I was banned recently for deleting my post. I wish to apologise for disregarding forum rules. I request you to revoke my ban and give me one more chance if possible, i assure you that I will abide by all rules henceforth Since this is really informative forum and rich... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
3 Replies
BASENAME(3)								 1							       BASENAME(3)

basename - Returns trailing name component of path

SYNOPSIS
string basename (string $path, [string $suffix]) DESCRIPTION
Given a string containing the path to a file or directory, this function will return the trailing name component. PARAMETERS
o $path - A path. On Windows, both slash ( /) and backslash ( ) are used as directory separator character. In other environments, it is the forward slash ( /). o $suffix - If the name component ends in $suffix this will also be cut off. RETURN VALUES
Returns the base name of the given $path. EXAMPLES
Example #1 basename(3) example <?php echo "1) ".basename("/etc/sudoers.d", ".d").PHP_EOL; echo "2) ".basename("/etc/sudoers.d").PHP_EOL; echo "3) ".basename("/etc/passwd").PHP_EOL; echo "4) ".basename("/etc/").PHP_EOL; echo "5) ".basename(".").PHP_EOL; echo "6) ".basename("/"); ?> The above example will output: 1) sudoers 2) sudoers.d 3) passwd 4) etc 5) . 6) NOTES
Note basename(3) operates naively on the input string, and is not aware of the actual filesystem, or path components such as " ..". Note basename(3) is locale aware, so for it to see the correct basename with multibyte character paths, the matching locale must be set using the setlocale(3) function. SEE ALSO
dirname(3), pathinfo(3). PHP Documentation Group BASENAME(3)