Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Phrase txt file row to column Post 302938985 by Don Cragun on Friday 20th of March 2015 02:48:00 PM
Old 03-20-2015
Please note the questions asked in post #6 in this thread.

I thought I was having problems in my awk script, but it turns out I was seeing a problem in my terminal emulator... Is the following acceptable output from the sample data you provided? If not, please explain the rules for converting the data from what was found in your sample input to the data that needs to be presented in your output.
Code:
EVVXX_TIMESTAMP_HOUR	EVVXX_TIMESTAMP_MINUTE	EVVXX_TIMESTAMP_SECOND	EVVXX_TIMESTAMP_MILLISEC	EVVXX_SID	EVVXX_EVENT_VADU	EVVXX_GLOBAL_NB_ID	EVVXX_ENBS1APID	EVVXX_MMES1APID	EVVXX_GUMMEI	EVVXX_RAC_EEFAA	EVVXX_TRACE_RECORDING_SESSION_REFERENCE	EVVXX_TIMESTAMP_START_HOUR	EVVXX_TIMESTAMP_START_MINUTE	EVVXX_TIMESTAMP_START_SECOND	EVVXX_TIMESTAMP_START_MILLISEC	EVVXX_TA_INTERVAL	EVENT_AAA	EVENT_AAA	EVENT_AAA
16	15	3	872	600102228	(0)	01219442	unavailable	unavailable	unavailable	555586410	'00 00 00'H	0	0	0	0	1000	unavailable	unavailable	unavailable
17	15	4	872	600102228	(0)	01219444	unavailable	unavailable	unavailable	555586410	'00 00 00'H	0	0	0	0	1000	unavailable	unavailable	unavailable

The three fields on each of the last two line marked in red above match the input samples your provided, but do NOT match the output you said you want in those fields.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the column for a row in a text file and adding another row

Hi, I want to write a shell script which increments a particular column in a row from a text file and then adds another row below the current row with the incremented value . For Eg . if the input file has a row : abc xyz lmn 89 lm nk o p I would like the script to create something like... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aYankeeFan
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the first column from the txt file using unix command?

Hi All, I have the file like this (file name is : tem_text) no Id name ccy ------- ---- ------------------- -------- 7777 17 India Overseas Partners 500INR I want to retreive the third colimn of from the above text file if i use the basic awk command cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving data from a specified column/row to another column/row

Hello, I have an input file like the following: 11_3_4 2_1_35 3_15__ _16989 Where '_' is a space. The data is in a table. Is there a way for the program to prompt the user for x1,y1 and x2,y2, where x1,y1 is the desired number (for example x=6 y=4 is a value of 4) and move to a desired spot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
2 Replies

5. AIX

Adding column in a .txt file

Helle, I want to create a .ksh script in order to realize the following : I have a .txt file organized in a bloc of information, each bloc start with 000 as following: 000... 001... 003... 004... 000... 001... 003... 004... . . My aim is to add a new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainab2006
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add a new column to txt file containing filename

I would like help adding a new column to a large txt file (~10MB) that contains the filename. I have searched other posts but have not found an adequate solution. I need this extra column so I can concatenate >100 files and perform awk searches on this large file. My current txt file look... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kellywilliams
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtracting each row from the first row in a single column file using awk

Hi Friends, I have a single column data like below. 1 2 3 4 5 I need the output like below. 0 1 2 3 4 where each row (including first row) subtracting from first row and the result should print below like the way shown in output file. Thanks Sid (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to print first row with forth column and last row with fifth column in each file

file with this content awk 'NR==1 {print $4} && NR==2 {print $5}' file The error is shown with syntax error; what can be done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a phrase and pull all lines that follow until the phrase occurs again?

I want to burst a report by using the page number value in the report header. Each section starts with *PAGE NO:* 1 Each section might have several pages, but the next section always starts back at 1. So I want to find the "*PAGE NO:* 1" value and pull all lines that follow until "*PAGE NO:* 1"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk help: how to pull phrase and one column from line above?

Hi everyone, Here's my awk statement so far: awk '/TOTAL TYPE:/{print x;print};{x=$0}' file1 >file2 'file1' has too much proprietary data in it to include here, so let's go with the output from code above. It looks like this: 123456 JAMES T KIRK D ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
2 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)