Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find the available number possibilities Post 302938933 by RudiC on Friday 20th of March 2015 06:42:28 AM
Old 03-20-2015
Are you sure you need all 60^6=46656000000 combinations?

With a recent bash, try sth. along this line:
Code:
 echo -e {1..6}" "{1..6}"\n"
 1 1
 1 2
 1 3
 1 4
 6 5
 6 6

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What can you do with unix what are the possibilities

Where do i get unix at (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shinobikil
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to find the number of files

awk script to find the number of files in a directory with their date less than 15-oct-2006 please help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uni_ajay_r
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find the average number or files?

Anyone has a script or command in UNIX that can take 4 to five different numbers and calculate the average? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to find the number of tab delimiters in a line

Hi, I need to find the number of tab delimiters in the first line of a file.So using word=`head -1 files.txt` I have extracted the first line of file into a variable word.It has 20 tab delimted columns.So can anyone help me in finding the number of delimiters? I am using csh and I am a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: poornimajayan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the average of a given column and also for specified number of rows??

Hi friends I have 100 files in my directory. Each file look like this.. Temp1 Temp2 Temp3 MAS 1 2 3 MAS 4 5 6 MAS 7 8 9 Delhi 10 11 12 Delhi 13 14 15 Delhi 16 17 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find the average of a given column and also for specified number of rows?

Hi Friends, In continuation to my earlier post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/99166-script-find-average-given-column-also-specified-number-rows.html I am extending my problem as follows. Input: Column1 Column2 MAS 1 MAS 4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command possibilities

Using find command is the below possible ? find /home/abcd/****/efgh where the "****" can be any name/character. Thanks, Vasanth. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skcvasanth
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script to find the number of files and identify which ones are 0 bytes.

I am writing a bash script to find out all the files in a directory which are empty. I am running into multiple issues. I will really appreciate if someone can please help me. #!/bin/bash DATE=$(date +%m%d%y) TIME=$(date +%H%M) DIR="/home/statsetl/input/civil/test" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monasharma13
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to search a pattern in a directory and output number of find counts

I need a Shell script which take two inputs which are 1) main directory where it has to search and 2) pattern to search within main directory all files (.c and .h files) It has to print number of pattern found in main directory & each sub directory. main dir --> Total pattern found = 5 |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivignesh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.3 01/10/2013 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)