Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Make bold chars in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Make bold chars in UNIX Post 302938520 by SekhaReddy on Tuesday 17th of March 2015 08:19:10 AM
Old 03-17-2015
Make bold chars in UNIX

Hi all,

I want to make the string as bold in unix.
is there any way to acheive this?

thanks in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can I make ls -l in HP-UNIX?

I made a liitle source about that.. BUt I got a trouble when making files'authority.. How can I display them?? p.s.) used struct stat .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sangjinn
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden chars in Unix can be replaced?

We have some unseen chars in unix, like '^T's, can be seen with 'cat -v' command. Is there any way, with which, we can replace these ^T s with a space? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to make a bold text in vi

pls disregard got my question answered . as you can't do bold in vi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xzyan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i make this bold

Folks; I'm writing this as a part of a script: echo "col1 hdg|col2hdg|col3hdg|" How can i make these fields shows in Bold text? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: moe2266
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert C source from 8bit chars to 16bit chars?

I was using the following bash command inside the emacs compile command to search C++ source code: grep -inr --include='*.h' --include='*.cpp' '"' * | sed "/include/d" | sed "/_T/d" | sed '/^ *\/\//d' | sed '/extern/d' Emacs will then position me in the correct file and at the correct line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
0 Replies

6. Programming

Unix Make

I need tutorial on Make utility on Unix. Any help or link appreciated. many thanks Mirko (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmipko
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

find 4 chars on 2nd line, 44 chars over

I know this should be simple, but I've been manning sed awk grep and find and am stupidly stumped :( I'm trying to use sed (or awk, find, etc) to find 4 characters on the second line of a file.txt 44-47 characters in. I can find lots of sed things for lines, but not characters. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bold chars redirect to CSV

Is there any way to redirect characters in bold to .csv file using KSH. I need to open this csv in MS EXCEL. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: param_it
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing formats (bold) from UNIX file

Hi , Could you please guide me how to remove formatting (bold text) in a unix file? vi editor showing like this... ^ Cat command showing like this... tl21ss01 tl21ss02 tl21ss03 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script to split data with a delimiter having chars and special chars

Hi Team, I have a file a1.txt with data as follows. dfjakjf...asdfkasj</EnableQuotedIDs><SQL><SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The delimiter string: <SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! dlm="<SelectStatement modified='1' type='string'><! The above command is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
7 Replies
MAN(7)							 Miscellaneous Information Manual						    MAN(7)

NAME
man - macros to typeset manual SYNOPSIS
nroff -man file ... troff -man file ... DESCRIPTION
These macros are used to lay out pages of this manual. A skeleton page may be found in the file /usr/man/man.template. Any text argument t may be zero to six words. Quotes may be used to include blanks in a `word'. If text is empty, special treatment is applied to the next input line with text to be printed. In this way .I may be used to italicize a whole line, or .SM may be followed by .B to make small bold letters. A prevailing indent distance is remembered between successive indented paragraphs, and is reset to default value upon reaching a non- indented paragraph. Default units for indents i are ens. Type font and size are reset to default values before each paragraph, and after processing font and size setting macros. These strings are predefined by -man: *R `(Reg)', trademark symbol in troff. *S Change to default type size. FILES
/usr/share/tmac/tmac.an /usr/man/man.template SEE ALSO
troff(1), man(1) BUGS
Relative indents don't nest. REQUESTS
Request Cause If no Explanation Break Argument .B t no t=n.t.l.*Text t is bold. .BI t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating bold and italic. .BR t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating bold and Roman. .DT no .5i 1i...Restore default tabs. .HP i yes i=p.i.* Set pre- vailing indent to i. Begin paragraph with hanging indent. .I t no t=n.t.l. Text t is italic. .IB t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating italic and bold. .IP x i yes x="" Same as .TP with tag x. .IR t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating italic and Roman. .LP yes - Same as .PP. .PD d no d=.4v Interparagraph distance is d. .PP yes - Begin paragraph. Set prevailing indent to .5i. .RE yes - End of relative indent. Set prevailing indent to amount of starting .RS. .RB t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating Roman and bold. .RI t no t=n.t.l. Join words of t alternating Roman and italic. .RS i yes i=p.i. Start relative indent, move left margin in distance i. Set prevailing indent to .5i for nested indents. .SH t yes t=n.t.l. Subhead. .SM t no t=n.t.l. Text t is small. .TH n c x v m yes -Begin page named n of chapter c; x is extra commentary, e.g. `local', for page foot center; v alters page foot left, e.g. `4th Berkeley Distribution'; m alters page head center, e.g. `Brand X Programmer's Manual'. Set prevailing indent and tabs to .5i. .TP i yes i=p.i. Set prevailing indent to i. Begin indented paragraph with hanging tag given by next text line. If tag doesn't fit, place it on separate line. * n.t.l. = next text line; p.i. = prevailing indent 7th Edition October 22, 1996 MAN(7)