Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Match and copy by text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Match and copy by text Post 302937683 by Don Cragun on Saturday 7th of March 2015 06:15:15 PM
Old 03-07-2015
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment I don't see how this thread has been solved, but it appears to be an old, incorrectly specified duplicate of the thread: Match partial text

This thread is closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a pattern and copy above two lines

Dear experts, i want to search pattern tre and copy this line and above two lines in a seperate file:: Thanks for the help SEV="MAJOR": RX-TX HW-FAILURE DOMAIN="alcomc2_BSS_20 unit-type % bts nbr % 24 SBL-type % tre nbr % 4 subnb % 255 BR, Danish (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danish Shakil
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Match the string and copy records to another location

Hi, I have particular set of files which have the below contents: ****** PBX TYPE:ID6 PBX-id: A11 rolled on 123456 368763 00 >>>>>> A11,2008-07-01 21:31:00.000,42,42112, ,XXXXXXXX A11,2008-07-01 21:40:00.000,6, , ,XXXXXXX A12,2008-07-01 21:53:00.000,68, , ,XXXXXXXX... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two files; if cells match then copy over other columns

My current issue is dealing with two space delimited files. The first file has column 1 as the sample ID's, then columns 2 - n as the observations. The second file has column 1 as the sample ID's, column 2 as the mother ID's, column 3 as the father ID's, column 4 as the gender, and column 5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renyulb28
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help - match file name and copy to Directory

I am trying to sort the following files from folder Bag to Apple, Cat Food, Dog Food. I can get all of the files I want into a new folder, but not sure of the best approch to get them to their final directory My Files ========== apple.1234.ext apple.1235.ext cat food 101.ext Cat Food... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtschroeder
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text in a range and copy value

In the files attached, I am trying to: if Files.txt $1 is in the range of Exons.txt $1, then in Files.txt $4 the value from Exons.txt $3 is copied else if no match is found Exons.txt $3 = "Intron" For example, the first value in File.txt $1 is chr1:14895-14944 and is not found in any range... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and copy

Trying to match $4 in LCH_exons.txt with $1 in refseq_genes.txt, if there is a match then the value in $4 in refseq_exons is copied to $5 of LCH_exons. For example, $4 in LCH_exons.txt is NRAS and that matches $1 row 11270 and the value in $4 is -, so the - would be copied to LCH_exons.txt in... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search String, Out matched text and input text for no match.

I need to search a string for some specific text which is no big deal using grep. My problem is when the search fails to find the text. I need to add text like "na" when my search does not match. I have tried this command but it does not work when I put the command in a loop in a bash script: ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojojmac5
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text and print/pipe only that text

I'm trying to pull an image source url from a html source file. I'm new with regex. I'm in BaSH. I've tried grep -E 'http.*jpg' file which highlights the text, but gives me 2 problems: 1) Results aren't stand alone and can't be piped to another command. (I believe it includes everything in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amx401
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display match or no match and write a text file to a directory

The below bash connects to a site, downloads a file, searches that file based of user input - could be multiple (all that seems to work). What I am not able to figure out is how to display on the screen match found or no match found" and write a file to a directory (C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\wget)... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)                                                 General Commands Manual                                                ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)