Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Need help with automount.. is not working!! Post 302937629 by bkilaru on Friday 6th of March 2015 06:04:19 PM
Old 03-06-2015
Okey i ran the mount process.

[root@ussedb55 /]# mount ussdp137:/opt/EHS/scripts /tmp/mnt/
mount: can't get address for ussdp137

This is the error iam getting...So guess the first thing was the Auto mounter (autofs) is not working...now the Manual is a dud! Smilie

anything i can try, next?

---------- Post updated at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:45 PM ----------

Okey got it...i mounted manually with fully hostname.

mount ussdp137.xxxx.com:/opt/EHS/scripts /tmp/mnt/

So all the servers are okey, but just why this one, where i have to give a fully qualified name? - something is wrong with this server....

So when i mounted manually, i gave fully qualified server name(ex. ussdp137.xxxx.com) instead before without the .com.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

automount

I install an external disk on my sun solaris 8 this went fine and I was able to access all filesystem on the disk. the new disk is mounted on /local then 6 hours later files under /local/files was 1 byte in size at the same time I received the following error message in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Automount

My site has a few sun solaris server including out NIS server and NFS server on solaris machines. we also have few suse linux and redhat linux machine. All our home directory is on our NFS server(sun Solaris) and this is automounted through /etc/auto_master and /etc/auto_home this worked fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AutoMount

Hi All How do I do a auto mount to a directory in a different unix server. I am using Solaris. Please advise!! TIA Jana (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: janavenki
7 Replies

4. Solaris

CD automount does not work

Hello, I have a SUN Solaris 9 machine (Sun-Fire-V490). I put a DVD in the reader to install a software. The automount procedure did not work (vold is running) : I have nothing under /cdrom When I try "eject" command I have the answer "No default media available" When I try to mount manually the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aribault
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

automount script

I'm attempting to take an fstab that looks something like this: /proc /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /sys /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/shm /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec 0 0 /dev/pts /dev/pts devpts mode=0622 0 0... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Automount in Solaris 10

Hi friends I'm a newbie trying to automount a nfs shared directory. Below is the configuration I'm using FreeBSD machine as NFS server. IP Address - 192.168.1.60 # cat /etc/exports /shared 192.168.1.50 Solaris 10 as NFS client. IP Address - 192.168.1.50 # cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajj
1 Replies

7. AIX

Help on Unconfiguring Automount

Hi All, Please help. I need an advise on how to Unconfigure automount please. Many Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EngnrRG
2 Replies

8. Linux

Automount problem

Hi, Please give step by step how to do automount in linux Thanks, Mani (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
9 Replies

9. AIX

AutoMount in AIX

Hi Admins, I am new to AIX, pls help me on my below doubts 1) I have received below alerts Orange : PORTAL detected Filesystem (/nfs/sources) is 92.07% Utilized Here Orange is server name. When i did df -k in orange i do not see /nfs/sources filesystem in output. Doubts 1) how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Automount through Autofs

I am trying to automount one of my NFS share to my client machine but it is not mounting here is the scenario : My server machine ip : 192.168.1.100 My client machine ip is : 192.168.1.102 on client machine i have configured the /etc/auto.master file : /share(My mount point) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
0 Replies
lofs(7FS)                                                          File Systems                                                          lofs(7FS)

NAME
lofs - loopback virtual file system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int mount (const char* dir, const char* virtual, int mflag, lofs, NULL, 0); DESCRIPTION
The loopback file system device allows new, virtual file systems to be created, which provide access to existing files using alternate pathnames. Once the virtual file system is created, other file systems can be mounted within it, without affecting the original file sys- tem. However, file systems which are subsequently mounted onto the original file system are visible to the virtual file system, unless or until the corresponding mount point in the virtual file system is covered by a file system mounted there. virtual is the mount point for the virtual file system. dir is the pathname of the existing file system. mflag specifies the mount options; the MS_DATA bit in mflag must be set. If the MS_RDONLY bit in mflag is not set, accesses to the loop back file system are the same as for the underlying file system. Otherwise, all accesses in the loopback file system will be read-only. All other mount(2) options are inherited from the underlying file systems. A loopback mount of '/' onto /tmp/newroot allows the entire file system hierarchy to appear as if it were duplicated under /tmp/newroot, including any file systems mounted from remote NFS servers. All files would then be accessible either from a pathname relative to '/' or from a pathname relative to /tmp/newroot until such time as a file system is mounted in /tmp/newroot, or any of its subdirectories. Loopback mounts of '/' can be performed in conjunction with the chroot(2) system call, to provide a complete virtual file system to a process or family of processes. Recursive traversal of loopback mount points is not allowed. After the loopback mount of /tmp/newroot, the file /tmp/newroot/tmp/newroot does not contain yet another file system hierarchy; rather, it appears just as /tmp/newroot did before the loopback mount was performed (for example, as an empty directory). Examples lofs file systems are mounted using: mount -F lofs /tmp /mnt SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), mount(1M), chroot(2), mount(2), sysfs(2), vfstab(4), lofi(7D) WARNINGS
Loopback mounts must be used with care; the potential for confusing users and applications is enormous. A loopback mount entry in /etc/vfstab must be placed after the mount points of both directories it depends on. This is most easily accomplished by making the loop- back mount entry the last in /etc/vfstab. SunOS 5.10 10 Apr 2001 lofs(7FS)