Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Splitting help required
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Splitting help required Post 302935971 by George1234 on Friday 20th of February 2015 10:47:20 PM
Old 02-20-2015
Rudi, This is exactly what I want. I need 3 files with 1000 lines and 1 file with rest of the line. Can you please restrict the filecount to 4?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Splitting the input value

Hi, I have a Variable Char field coming whose value looks like below 562432569856 I need to extract 2 characters from it till the end and put it elsewhere say 56 24 32 56 98 56 in this case. Any input is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thumsup9
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Splitting a line

I have a series of .txt files, that contain lines of text separated by the following string ==================== In some of the .txt files, the string ends with the word Document, leaving the string ==================Document. I would like to be able to split any such line and move the word... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: spindoctor
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in splitting the file

Hi, I got a file which may have 100 - 500 rows with header and trailer... based on the total number of real rows ( excluding header and trailer) I want to break the file in 3 or 4 files .. Coded like this .. but giving error in the AWK in 8th line of below code. awk 'NR > 5 {print line}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in splitting

Hi experts, In the lines below I am trying to copy only the words which come after "//" into an array short nloh; // Comments int age; // Age of the person Please help me in achieving this After the code, the output of the array should Comments Age of the person (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramakanth_burra
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in splitting the file

hi i have file with the format as below. header and associated company details company,accno,accname,amount abc,123,checking,100 abc,234,saving,200 company,accno,accname,amount def,678,checking,100 def,222,saving,200 company,accno,accname,amount dfdf,567,checking,100... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsdev_123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

splitting value

Hello, i want to take a one word from my file. -- myfile.txt -- test blablabla suPHP_ConfigPath /home/performe/etc blablabla etc. bla bla. -- myfile.txt -- How can i take performe from this file ? Thank you. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SAYGIN
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in Splitting a xml file into multiple and appending it in another .xml file

HI All, I have to split a xml file into multiple xml files and append it in another .xml file. for example below is a sample xml and using shell script i have to split it into three xml files and append all the three xmls in a .xml file. Can some one help plz. eg: <?xml version="1.0"?>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesan kulasek
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with splitting of file

Hi, I'm beginner in UNIX I would like to split file in separate files depending on Pattern. Input file looks like:-A B C brfbeg A B C brfbeg A B C brfbeg . . n so on (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit_Mokal
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting a file

I have a source file where a record starts with # entry-id: followed by a number. i want to move the record in file 1 iff the second row is "dn: uid=.*,ou=perm,dc=mssb,dc=com" and the record to file 2 if contents of second row anything else # entry-id: 1 dn:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
6 Replies
spline(1)							   User Commands							 spline(1)

NAME
spline - interpolate smooth curve SYNOPSIS
spline [-aknpx] ... DESCRIPTION
spline takes pairs of numbers from the standard input as abcissas and ordinates of a function. It produces a similar set, which is approxi- mately equally spaced and includes the input set, on the standard output. The cubic spline output (R. W. Hamming, Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers,2nd ed., 349ff) has two continuous derivatives, and sufficiently many points to look smooth when plotted, for example by graph(1). OPTIONS
-a Supply abscissas automatically (they are missing from the input); spacing is given by the next argument, or is assumed to be 1 if next argument is not a number. -k The constant k used in the boundary value computation (2nd deriv. at end) = k*(2nd deriv. next to end) is set by the next argument. By default k = 0. -n Space output points so that approximately n intervals occur between the lower and upper x limits. (Default n = 100.) -p Make output periodic, that is, match derivatives at ends. First and last input values should normally agree. -x Next 1 (or 2) arguments are lower (and upper) x limits. Normally these limits are calculated from the data. Automatic abcissas start at lower limit (default 0). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWesu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
graph(1), attributes(5) R. W. Hamming, Numerical Methods for Scientists and Engineers, 2nd ed. DIAGNOSTICS
When data is not strictly monotonic in x, spline reproduces the input without interpolating extra points. BUGS
A limit of 1000 input points is enforced silently. SunOS 5.10 14 Sep 1992 spline(1)