Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Compare two files and extract info Post 302935628 by nans on Wednesday 18th of February 2015 08:09:38 AM
Old 02-18-2015
Thank you. Well, all this while I was doing it with grep and a bit of manual work....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

need to extract info from log files

hi guys i need to extract information from log files generated by an application. log file has the following lines for each process.. ---------------------------------------------- Fri Aug 03 12:06:43 WST 2007 INFO: Running project PROJECT1 Fri Aug 03 12:06:43 WST 2007 INFO: Source Files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirantalla
7 Replies

2. AIX

Extract info

Anyone have a better idea to automate extraction of info like ... "uname" "ifconfig" "ps efl" "netstat -ao" etc. from several hundred aix, solaris, red hat boxes? without logging into each box and manually performing these tasks and dumping them to individual files? thanks for any input (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chm0dvii
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare Records between to files and extract it

I am not an expert in awk, SED, etc... but I really hope there is a way to do this, because I don't want to have to right a program. I am using C shell. FILE 1 FILE 2 H0000000 H0000000 MA1 MA1 CA1DDDDDD CA1AAAAAA MA2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jclanc8
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare 2 files and extract the data which is not present in other file with condition

I have 2 files whose data's are as follows : fileA 00 lieferungen 00 attractiop 01 done 02 forness 03 rasp 04 alwaysisng 04 funny 05 done1 fileB alwayssng dkhf fdgdfg dfgdg sdjkgkdfjg funny rasp (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajniman
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple files, and extract items that are common to ALL files only

I have this code awk 'NR==FNR{a=$1;next} a' file1 file2 which does what I need it to do, but for only two files. I want to make it so that I can have multiple files (for example 30) and the code will return only the items that are in every single one of those files and ignore the ones... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: castrojc
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files & extract column awk

I have two tab delimited files as given below: File_1: PV16 E1 865 2814 1950 PV16 E2 2756 3853 1098 PV16 E4 3333 3620 288 PV16 E5 3850 4101 252 PV16 E6 83 559 477 PV16 E7 562 858 297 PV16 L2 4237 5658 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to extract/compare from two files.

I have two files : Alpha and Beta. The files are as follows (without arrow marks.) Alpha: A 1 D 90 G 11 B 24 C 15 Beta: B 24 C 0 <-- G 11 D 20 <-- A 4 <-- E 777 <-- Expected output of the script : Alpha: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 csv files by columns, then extract certain columns of matcing rows

Hi all, I'm pretty much a newbie to UNIX. I would appreciate any help with UNIX coding on comparing two large csv files (greater than 10 GB in size), and output a file with matching columns. I want to compare file1 and file2 by 'id' and 'chain' columns, then extract exact matching rows'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkane3
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and extract

Assume we have two files - FileA and FileB. Content of files are as shown below : FileA:1001,value1,value4,value8,value9 1002,value4,value32,value46,value33 1503,value5,value45,value68,value53 1605,value4,value67,value56,value57 1073,value5,value45,value68,value53... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alnhk
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and extract the data which is present in other file - awk is not working

file2 content f1file2 content f1,1,2,3,4,5 f1,2,4,6,8,10 f10,1,2,3,4,5 f10,2,4,6,8,10 f5,1,2,3,4,5 f5,2,4,6,8,10awk 'FNR==NR{a;next}; !($1 in a)' file2 file1output f10,1,2,3,4,5 f10,2,4,6,8,10 f5,1,2,3,4,5 f5,2,4,6,8,10awk 'FNR==NR{a;next}; ($1 in a)' file2 file1output nothing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gksenthilkumar
4 Replies
innoextract(1)						      General Commands Manual						    innoextract(1)

NAME
innoextract - tool to extract installers created by Inno Setup SYNOPSIS
innoextract [-behlLqstv] [-ccolor] [-pprogress] installers ... DESCRIPTION
innoextract is a tool that can extract installer executables created by Inno Setup. innoextract will extract files from a installers specified on the command line. To extract a multi-part installer with external data files, only the executable (.exe) file needs to be given as an argument to innoex- tract. OPTIONS
-c --color [enable] By default innoextract will try to detect if the terminal supports shell escape codes and enable or disable color output accord- ingly. Pass 1 or true to --color to force color output. Pass 0 or false to never output color codes. --dump Don't convert Windows paths to UNIX paths and don't substitute variables in paths. -e --extract Extract all files to the current directory. This is the default action. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -h --help Show a list of the supported options. --language [lang] Extract only language-independent files and files for the given language. By default all files are extracted. --license Show license information. -l --list List files contained in the installer but don't extract anything. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -L --lowercase Convert filenames stored in the installer to lower-case before extracting. -p --progress [enable] By default innoextract will try to detect if the terminal supports shell escape codes and enable or disable progress bar output accordingly. Pass 1 or true to --progress to force progress bar output. Pass 0 or false to never show a progress bar. -q --quiet Less verbose output. -s --silent Don't output anything except errors and warnings. -t --test Test archive integrity but don't write any output files. You may only specify one of --extract , --list and --test -v --version Show the innoextract version number and supported Inno Setup versions. LIMITATIONS
innoextract currently only supports extracting all the data. There is no support for extracting individual files, components or languages. Included scripts and checks are not executed. Data is always extracted to the current directory and the mapping from Inno Setup variables like the application directory to subdirecto- ries is hard-coded. innoextract does not check if an installer includes multiple files with the same name and will continually overwrite the destination file when extracting. Names for data files in multi-file installers must follow the standard naming scheme. Encrypted installers are not supported. SEE ALSO
cabextract(1), unshield(1) BUGS
No known bugs. AUTHOR
Daniel Scharrer (daniel@constexpr.org) 1.2 2012-04-01 innoextract(1)