Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date substring from a string
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date substring from a string Post 302933422 by bigsanch on Thursday 29th of January 2015 08:38:22 PM
Old 01-29-2015
@Don Cragun
ok sry :-) im new here

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

can i get a substring from a string?

for example, the string a is "abcdefg", can i get a substring "bcd" (from ato a) from string a? thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dell9
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting a substring from a string

hi all, I am trying to extract SUBSTRINGS out of a string using ksh. The string is "SAPR3K.FD0.FA.TJ.B0010.T050302" I tried using a= `expr substr $stringZ 1 2` which is giving me a syntax error, donno why?? any ideas why its not working?? I also tried echo "welcome" | awk '{... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maradona
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get the substring from the string

Hi All, Can anybody help me to get the substring from the given string. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anshu
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get substring from string

Hi All, Problem Description: XML_REP_REQUEST=`CONCSUB "$LOGIN" "SQLAP" "$RESP_NAME" "$USRNM" WAIT="Y" "CONCURRENT" "APPLICATION_SHORT_NAME" "CP_SHORT_NAME"` echo Report Request: $XML_REP_REQUEST --to print value in log file While execution the value of 'XML_REP_REQUEST' is 'Prozess... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman.g
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with string and substring also I/O

#!/bin/sh PRINTF=/usr/bin/printf PASSWD=/etc/passwd $PRINTF "Enter a UserID\n" read USERID if ; then $PRINTF "$USERID does not exist, please contact IT service\n" exit 1 fi USERHOME=`grep "^$USERID:" $PASSWD | awk -F : '{print $6}'` USERSHELL=`grep "^$USERID:"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ikeQ
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract a substring from a string

Hi, I have an input string say for example: ABC,DEF,IJK,LMN,...,XYZ The above string is comma delimited. Now I have to extract the last part after the comma i.e. XYZ. :b: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

substring a date

Hello I am trying to substring the month in a date string I am getting an error " bad substitution" #!/bin/ksh INPUT='20121225' echo ${$INPUT:5:2} exit 0 Very new in unix. Thanks. Please use code tags next time for your code and data. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lillyt2006
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove a substring from string

Good morning friends, how can i remove a string with linux scripting from a file? In specific i want to remove from a file all the tweet names and links eg @aerta and links such as http://dst.co/pIiu3i9c Thanx!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paladinaeon
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get date, change format and substring?

I'm somewhat new to shell scripting and I have a file that had a date in it. /somedirectory/datefile.txt I want to take the date in the file: 2013-06-12 and change the formate to 20130612 and have it as a variable/parm I also what to take that date 2013-06-12 and substring it. I know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MJCreations
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
RPC.YPPASSWDD(8)					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					  RPC.YPPASSWDD(8)

NAME
rpc.yppasswdd -- NIS update password file daemon SYNOPSIS
rpc.yppasswdd [-d directory] [-noshell] [-nogecos] [-nopw] [-m arg1 [arg2 ...]] DESCRIPTION
rpc.yppasswdd must be running on the NIS master server to allow users to change information in the password file. The options are as follows: -d directory Change the root directory of the password file from ``/'' to directory. It is important to create the binary database files (pwd.db and spwd.db) when using this switch or the password change will fail. The databases need to be created only once with the following command: pwd_mkdb -d directory directory/etc/master.passwd -noshell Don't allow changes of the shell field in the passwd file. -nogecos Don't allow changes of the gecos field in the passwd file. -nopw Don't allow changes of the password in the passwd file. -m arg1 [arg2 ...] Additional arguments to pass to make in /var/yp. FILES
/etc/passwd /etc/master.passwd SEE ALSO
chpass(1), passwd(1), hosts_access(5), nis(8), ypbind(8), ypserv(8) AUTHORS
Mats O Jansson <moj@stacken.kth.se> BSD
February 26, 2005 BSD