Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX Ignire Restores
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX Ignire Restores Post 302932385 by stephenred on Wednesday 21st of January 2015 09:31:48 AM
Old 01-21-2015
ignite-problems continued

I'm trying to see if there are logs being created somewhere that I don't know of.. I'm booting off the network successfully...it sees the ip for my box and for the server:
it sees my "product" - Titled Golden Image-all looks good-except it's ignoring the "impacts" line in my golden-image_cfg file... so if it's logging errors when it gets to the "pre-install" analysis-that would be my 1st debugging step.. I'm doing a boot lan install and all goes well until the pre-analysis phase.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Copy image on Server-1 and Restores image on Server-2

Hi, I have done Copy image and Restores back on Windows. I have two solaris servers, one contains Solaris OS and Applications on Server-1. Want i required is want to copy image of Server-1 and restores the copied image on Server-2. First of all, is it possibile in Solaris. If it is then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarshads
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

Backups and restores in RHEL

Hi, I am new to RHEL. and started exploring/learning RHEL from last few months. I understood LVM and other system admin concepts. But I did not get a chance to explore backup/restore options in RHEL. Can you please explain the procedure on how backups/restores work in linux environment? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaron8667
2 Replies
bup-restore(1)						      General Commands Manual						    bup-restore(1)

NAME
bup-restore - extract files from a backup set SYNOPSIS
bup restore [--outdir=outdir] [-v] [-q] DESCRIPTION
bup restore extracts files from a backup set (created with bup-save(1)) to the local filesystem. The specified paths are of the form /branch/revision/path/to/file. The components of the path are as follows: branch the name of the backup set to restore from; this corresponds to the --name (-n) option to bup save. revision the revision of the backup set to restore. The revision latest is always the most recent backup on the given branch. You can dis- cover other revisions using bup ls /branch. /path/to/file the original absolute filesystem path to the file you want to restore. For example, /etc/passwd. Note: if the /path/to/file is a directory, bup restore will restore that directory as well as recursively restoring all its contents. If /path/to/file is a directory ending in a slash (ie. /path/to/dir/), bup restore will restore the children of that directory directly to the current directory (or the --outdir). If the directory does not end in a slash, the children will be restored to a subdirectory of the current directory. See the EXAMPLES section to see how this works. OPTIONS
-C, --outdir=outdir create and change to directory outdir before extracting the files. -v, --verbose increase log output. Given once, prints every directory as it is restored; given twice, prints every file and directory. -q, --quiet don't show the progress meter. Normally, is stderr is a tty, a progress display is printed that shows the total number of files restored. EXAMPLE
Create a simple test backup set: $ bup index -u /etc $ bup save -n mybackup /etc/passwd /etc/profile Restore just one file: $ bup restore /mybackup/latest/etc/passwd Restoring: 1, done. $ ls -l passwd -rw-r--r-- 1 apenwarr apenwarr 1478 2010-09-08 03:06 passwd Restore the whole directory (no trailing slash): $ bup restore -C test1 /mybackup/latest/etc Restoring: 3, done. $ find test1 test1 test1/etc test1/etc/passwd test1/etc/profile Restore the whole directory (trailing slash): $ bup restore -C test2 /mybackup/latest/etc/ Restoring: 2, done. $ find test2 test2 test2/passwd test2/profile SEE ALSO
bup-save(1), bup-ftp(1), bup-fuse(1), bup-web(1) BUP
Part of the bup(1) suite. AUTHORS
Avery Pennarun <apenwarr@gmail.com>. Bup unknown- bup-restore(1)