Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Search process ids
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search process ids Post 302930591 by vgersh99 on Monday 5th of January 2015 06:32:19 PM
Old 01-05-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlliagre
@vgersh This won't discriminate the PNK instance which is what the OP is looking for.
Hmmmmm.... and how does the 'pkill' kill a particular instance?

something along these lines then....
Code:
ps -ef | awk -v inst=1 '$0~ ("tomcat.*PNK" inst "$") {print "kill -9 " $2}' | sh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

List of Thread IDs of a process

Hello, Can some one tell how to read the thread IDs of the current process in Sun Solaris. Any help will be appreciated. regards, Murali (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmurali
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem to track process IDs in HP-UX machine

Hello All, I need to track the exact process ID related to a particular application running on HP-UX machine. i.e. the exact functionality of fuser unix command. fuser application.log // It gives the exact process ID for application.log Since there is no provision for 'fuser' in HP-UX... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhishek0071
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to loop all process ids and take pmap

Hi all, I need a script that will loop around all the current processes and take a pmap -x <process id> and output each pmap to a separate file. Would anyone have a quick command to do this? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scripting - process and user ids...Help please

Hello all: Working on a job I was asked get a simple script to perform the following task and would like to ask for some help. I'm looking forward to learning more and diving deeper into the World of Open Source servers. I need a script for a Unix server, using as few lines as possible, that... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moahten
4 Replies

5. AIX

Process ids consuming huge resources ?

Hi All what is the command to check process ids , which are running from long time and which are consuming more cpu? Also how to check, what a particular PID is running what For Ex: i have a pid :3223722 which is running since from long time, if i want to check what is this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidharthmellam
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search last modified file and process it

Hello, trying to build a shell script that - searches in defined location for similar files (eg. containing pattern in file name) - Identifies last modified - stores name in variable for processing Thanks a lot (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alice07
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for to kill the process Ids when restarting the unix server

Hi, I need a script to kill the process Ids for the user ABC. I prepared the following script after that while logging with user therough script i am not sure how to pass the user name and password.Can ou modify the script and help me out. #!/bin/bash for filesize in $(ls -ltr | grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps returning more process ids

Please help me with this question I have a tantan.sh under /home/mydir which is a caller to another script "tantan.sh" under /home/anotherdir ----------------------------------------------------------- /home/mydir/tantan.sh ------------------------------------------------------------... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruincredible
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

List out Process ids restarted today

Hi, I need to list out the processes which are started/restarted today in my Solaris box. If not possible need to convert the process uptime in minutes or seconds and compare it with a configurable value to list out those process ids for further processing in my scripting. Can any one guide... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananan
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

List of all ids,groups, privilege ids

I wish to pull out a list of all user ids on the system, including the privileged ids, the groups to which they belong to. Sometimes after deleting an id also, its home dir does not get deleted or an entry is left behind in /etc/passwd. Can someone help me with a script to achieve both. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies
scf_instance_create(3SCF)			 Service Configuration Facility Library Functions			 scf_instance_create(3SCF)

NAME
scf_instance_create, scf_instance_handle, scf_instance_destroy, scf_instance_get_parent, scf_instance_get_name, scf_service_get_instance, scf_service_add_instance, scf_instance_delete - create and manipulate instance handles and instances in the Service Configuration Facility SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lscf [ library... ] #include <libscf.h> scf_instance_create(scf_handle_t *handle); scf_instance_handle(scf_instance_t *inst); scf_instance_destroy(scf_instance_t *inst); scf_instance_get_parent(const scf_instance_t *inst, scf_service_t *svc); scf_instance_get_name(const scf_instance_t *inst, size_t size); scf_service_get_instance(const scf_service_t *svc, const char *name, scf_instance_t *inst); scf_service_add_instance(const scf_service_t *svc, const char *name, scf_instance_t *inst); scf_instance_delete(scf_instance_t *inst); DESCRIPTION
Instances form the bottom layer of the Service Configuration Facility repository tree. An instance is the child of a service and has two sets of children: Property Groups These hold configuration information specific to this instance. See scf_pg_create(3SCF), scf_iter_instance_pgs(3SCF), and scf_iter_instance_pgs_typed(3SCF). Snapshots These are complete configuration snapshots that hold unchanging copies of all of the property groups necessary to run the instance. See scf_snapshot_create(3SCF) and scf_iter_instance_snapshots(3SCF). See smf(5) for information about instances. An scf_instance_t is an opaque handle that can be set to a single instance at any given time. The scf_instance_create() function allocates and initializes a new scf_instance_t bound to handle. The scf_instance_destroy() function destroys and frees inst. The scf_instance_handle() function retrieves the handle to which inst is bound. The scf_inst_get_parent() function sets svc to the service that is the parent of inst. The scf_instance_get_name() function retrieves the name of the instance to which inst is set. The scf_service_get_instance() function sets inst to the child instance of the service svc specified by name. The scf_service_add() function sets inst to a new child instance of the service svc specified by name. The scf_instance_delete() function deletes the instance to which inst is set, as well all of the children of the instance. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, scf_instance_create() returns a new scf_instance_t. Otherwise it returns NULL. Upon successful completion, scf_instance_handle() returns the handle to which inst is bound. Otherwise, it returns NULL. Upon successful completion, scf_instance_get_name() returns the length of the string written, not including the terminating null character. Otherwise it returns -1. Upon successful completion, scf_instance_get_parent(), scf_service_get_instance(), scf_service_add_instance(), and scf_instance_delete() functions return 0. Otherwise, they return -1. ERRORS
The scf_instance_create() function will fail if: SCF_ERROR_INVALID_ARGUMENT The handle argument is NULL. SCF_ERROR_NO_MEMORY There is not enough memory to allocate an scf_instance_t. SCF_ERROR_NO_RESOURCES The server does not have adequate resources for a new instance handle. The scf_instance_handle() function will fail if: SCF_ERROR_HANDLE_DESTROYED The handle associated with inst has been destroyed. The scf_instance_get_name(), scf_instance_get_parent(), and scf_instance_delete() functions will fail if: SCF_ERROR_DELETED The instance has been deleted. SCF_ERROR_NOT_SET The instance is not set. SCF_ERROR_NOT_BOUND The repository handle is not bound. SCF_ERROR_CONNECTION_BROKEN The connection to the repository was lost. The scf_service_add_instance() function will fail if: SCF_ERROR_EXISTS An instance named name already exists. SCF_ERROR_NO_RESOURCES The server does not have the resources to complete the request. The scf_service_add_instance() and scf_service_get_instance() functions will fail if: SCF_ERROR_NOT_SET The service is not set. SCF_ERROR_DELETED The service has been deleted. SCF_ERROR_NOT_FOUND No instance specified by name was found. SCF_ERROR_INVALID_ARGUMENT The name argument is not a valid instance name. SCF_ERROR_HANDLE_MISMATCH The service and instance are not derived from the same handle. SCF_ERROR_CONNECTION_BROKEN The connection to the repository was lost. The scf_instance_get_parent() function will fail if: SCF_ERROR_HANDLE_MISMATCH The service and instance arguments are not derived from the same handle. The scf_service_add_instance() and scf_instance_delete() functions will fail if: SCF_ERROR_PERMISSION_DENIED The user does not have sufficient privileges to create or delete an instance. SCF_ERROR_BACKEND_READONLY The repository backend is read-only. SCF_ERROR_BACKEND_ACCESS The repository backend refused the modification. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
libscf(3LIB), scf_error(3SCF), scf_iter_instance_pgs(3SCF), scf_iter_instance_pgs_typed(3SCF), scf_iter_instance_snapshots(3SCF), scf_pg_create(3SCF), scf_snapshot_create(3SCF), attributes(5), smf(5) NOTES
Instance names are of the form: [domain,]identifier where domain is either a stock ticker symbol such as SUNW or a Java-style reversed domain name such as com.sun. Identifiers begin with a letter or underscore and contain only letters, digits, underscores, and dashes. SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 2004 scf_instance_create(3SCF)