Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris T2000 Sparc server fails boot Post 302930512 by achenle on Monday 5th of January 2015 07:29:36 AM
Old 01-05-2015
Boot verbose - both CD and normal. What's different?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Sun Sparc T2000 + StorageTek 2540 - Help, I'm lost

I have a Sun Sparc T2000 (Solaris 10 05-08) and have installed a PCI-X 4GB Single Port HBA card in it. I have one StorageTek 2540 array that I would like to connect to the T2000. For the moment it would be a single path connection, but I've ordered a 2nd HBA, so eventually it would be... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Error while trying to boot from cdrom on Sun Fire T2000

Hi Guyz, I recently downloaded sol-10-u6-ga1-sparc-dvd.iso from Sun. I burned the disk as cd .iso. When trying to boot at the ok> boot cdrom i get the following error: ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Boot device:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mwamba
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Server T2000 occasionally reboot

Hi, i am really 'fresh' to Solaris or any UNIX OS. My role as web developer but i need slightly involve to Solaris support. It is harder for me to understand it and i recently encounter a problems. /var file system (/dev/md/rdsk/d425) is being checked. run fsck -F ufs /dev/md/rdsk/d425 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: webster5u
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Accessing a StorageTek 2530 Disk array from SUN, SPARC Enterprise T2000

Hello, Wondering if anyone can help me with mounting a file share from my Sun T2000 server running Solaris 10 to my connected 2530 disk array? I believe I've connected the disk array correctly and I have created a volume on the array using the filesystem (Sun_SAM-FS, RAID-5). The T2000... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: DundeeDancer
15 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 install fails on sparc

I'm trying to do an upgrade/install from Solaris 8 to Solaris 10 on a SUN Sparc system. I halt the system, as documented, but when I attempt to boot off the distribution DVD; i.e. halt : : OK> boot cdrom The system indicates that the device is 'unrecognizable' These are SUN... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: imagtek
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Auto boot problem on Sun T2000

Hi All I have a problem on T2000 server. bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS 5.10 aaa Generic_120011-14 sun4v sparc SUNW,Netra-T2000After the initial solaris installation server failed to boot: Rebooting with command: boot Boot device: disk:b File and args: The file just loaded does not appear... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ouzist
1 Replies

7. Solaris

T2000 Server cannot power on

Hi All, I recently had issues with my new T2000 server. I purchased a new mainboard and swapped the CPU and DIMMs to the new board. Now when i power on the server im unable to do so. I get the following error: ‘SC Alert: Host system poweron failed due to fault at MB/FF_POK.' When i do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Caully
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Hardware RAID on Sun T2000 Server

Hi All I have a Sun T2000 server. Couple of years ago I had configured and mirrored the boot drive with an other drive using hardware RAID 1 using raidctl command. Following is the hardware RAID output. root@oracledatabaseserver / $ raidctl RAID Volume RAID RAID Disk... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command Fails on SunOS Sparc

Hi, This command works ggrep -v -F -x -f app1.txt app2.txt But, I don't have ggrep on SunOS Sparc so I tried using grep instead but it errors out grep: illegal option -- F bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.8 Generic_Virtual sun4v sparc sun4v Can you help me with a grep command that... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

10. Solaris

M5000 fails to boot

I have an m5000 that Is down. I have access to XSCF> and was able to get to the ok prompt. However, on >ok boot it failed to boot. erred with : svc.startd: svc:/system/device/fc-fabric:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/fc-fabric" failed due to signal KILL. Nov 29... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
3 Replies
root_archive(1M)					  System Administration Commands					  root_archive(1M)

NAME
root_archive - manage bootable miniroot archives SYNOPSIS
/boot/solaris/bin/root_archive pack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpack archive root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive packmedia solaris_image root /boot/solaris/bin/root_archive unpackmedia solaris_image root DESCRIPTION
The root_archive utility is used to manage bootable miniroot archives and is currently only available on x86 platforms. The utility can pack and unpack boot/root archives in both ufs and hsfs (iso9660) format. It will always generate ufs archives. root_archive also uses the lofi file driver to export a file as a block device (see lofi(7D)) and mount to mount or unmount file systems and remote resources (see mount(1M)). root_archive requires the same privileges that are needed to run these commands. SUBCOMMANDS
The root_archive command has the following subcommands: pack archive root Pack from the image found under the root directory to the archive. unpack archive root Unpack from the archive to an unpacked image under the root directory. packmedia solaris_image root Pack the solaris image to the root directory. unpackmedia solaris_image root Unpack the solaris image from the root directory. For packmedia and unpackmedia, other items that do not go into the ramdisk image are copied or uncopied (see cpio(1)) as well. Specifi- cally, this includes all the packaging databases needed for pkgadd and the other packaging utilities to succeed which are not used in the running and hence pruned to conserve memory. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Unpacking the Solaris x86 install image The following command unpacks the current Solaris image from the root directory: # root_archive unpackmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot Where /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest represents a path to a Solaris x86 install image and /export/Boot is a directory that will be purged or created, as necessary. Example 2 Packing the Solaris x86 install image The following command packs the current Solaris image to the root directory: # root_archive packmedia /export/nv/solarisdvd.nvx_dvd/latest /export/Boot EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 The command completed successfully. 1 The command exited due to an error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cpio(1), bootadm(1M), mount(1M), attributes(5), lofi(7D) SunOS 5.11 26 Sep 2005 root_archive(1M)