Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Controlling elaboration order in C++ programming Post 302930040 by achenle on Monday 29th of December 2014 07:05:45 PM
Old 12-29-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPickett
Maybe put a log to syserr in the constructors of your objects, so you can see what is different when it fails?

Comparison between GNAT and C/C++ Compilation Models - GNAT User's Guide for Native Platforms / Unix and Windows
I wouldn't log to syserr using C++ streams - that could impact constructor order.

I'd recommend only C-style IO and the use of "fprintf( stderr, ... )". Don't even do any additional informational-style calls, for example if the objects have some equivalent of Java's tostring() method. No C++ at all.

If you're trying to run down problems C++ ordering problems, don't make it more complex with debugging code that you won't even compile much less run in a production version of the software.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

controlling screen display

How can I control the screen output when trying to read a large file onto the screen x number of lines at a time. I'm trying to use this is a bourne shell script. I want to display 10 lines of a file, pause the screen so that a user can read the file, and then display the next 10 lines of the file,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrdnoland1
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Controlling logfiles

I support an app that outputs alert and audit messages to one log file (vendor says they can't be separated). The script that I have written takes a copy (mv cmd) of the file to do the separation and reformatting. I have a problem that I loose records (messages are being written constantly, upto 3+... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
5 Replies

3. Programming

Controlling Tty For A Process

I have developed a Code to find out number and name of processes currently running in SunOS Release 5.8 Server. I have used 'prpsinfo' structure to retrieve process details. But however I am unable to decompose the controlling terminal for the processes. The member variable pr_lttydev holds... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: S.P.Prasad
1 Replies

4. Programming

controlling terminal

What is controlling terminal in the case of daemon process? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhu Babu
2 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Controlling I/O

Hi guys, Can anyone please tell me how I can control the I/O on my hardware devices in Suse Linux 8.1. I find that everytime I am reading a CD, or copying from a CD, I am unable to listen to music of watch a movie. Maybe this is intended to be like so, for the current high street technolgy... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bionicfysh
1 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Controlling icon placement?

Hi, I'm using xterm and aixterm with Mwm on AIX, and having trouble controlling icon placement when minimising windows. Basically when I run an xterm or aixterm I want to be able to specify where the icon will be if minimised. The man page mentions the "#geometry Geometry" option to aixterm,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cunningdavid
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps: no controlling terminal

Any one know the below means : ps: no controlling terminal I had run a script in background : nohup ./benchmark.sh & and shutdown my windows system from where i connected through SSH I am using bash: The above script perfoms various tasks of Benchmarking Repositories Today the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram003
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlling depth with find

I have the following script: Now they have added on a new requirement, they only want to go to a certain depth in the directories returned. How do I code it to only go say 3 directories deeper than $DIRECTORY? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: la_womn
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

"rhgb quiet" controlling the display of commands in single user mode ?"rhgb quiet" controlling the d

Why does removing "rhgb quiet" from the kernel boot parameters control whether or not the commands I enter are displayed in single user mode ? For instance, if I do not remove "rhgb quiet", when I am in single user mode, whatever command I type will not be displayed on the screen. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
0 Replies
GNATELIM(1)							    ASIS Tools							       GNATELIM(1)

NAME
gnatelim - eliminate dead code from Ada programs SYNOPSIS
gnatelim [OPTION]... name DESCRIPTION
When you are working with a program which shares some set of Ada packages with other programs, it may happen, that your program uses only a part of subprogram defined in these packages, whereas the code created for unused subprograms increases the size of the executable your program. gnatelim is a utility tracking unused subprograms in an Ada program. Its output consists of a list of Eliminate pragmas marking all the subprograms that are declared, but never called in a given program. Eliminate is a GNAT-specific pragma. By ecompiling your program with these pragmas, you may decrease the size of its executable, because the compiler will not create the code for unused subprograms. gnatelim is an ASIS application developed on top of the ASIS implementation for GNAT. It needs a set of tree files representing a program to analyze and the bind file for its main subprogram to be created in the current directory. For the current version, it is a the user's responsibility to maintain the consistency of the set of tree files processed by gnatelim, if the user also changes the sources of the Ada program to be processed. To produce a list of Eliminate pragmas, gnatelim has to do an extensive analysis and it may take some time. For example, to process itself, gnatelim takes 4 minutes of CPU time on a Pentium 200. OPTIONS
-v verbose mode: gnatelim version information is printed (in the form of Ada comments) in stdout; the names of the files being pro- cessed are printed to standard-error. -vf Same as -v, but in addition various debugging information and information reflecting some details of the analysis done by gnatelim are printed to standard-error. -a Process RTL components: by default, gnatelim does not analyze the units which are the components of the GNAT Run-Time Library (RTL), and it does not generate Eliminate pragmas for subprograms declared in the RTL. If '-a' option is set, RTL components are also ana- lyzed (except some units, which contains subprograms implicitly called by the compiler). -m Check missed units: if this option is set, gnatelim checks that all the units which (according to the bind file) has to be analyzed by gnatelim are really represented by the set of tree files processed by gnatelim (depending on whether or not '-a' option is set). By default (that is, if '-m' option is not set), gnatelim analyzes a set of units represented by a given set of tree files "as is" (excluding library packages which require bodies, but for which bodies are not available). AUTHOR
ASIS-for-GNAT was originally developed by the ASIS-for-GNAT team at the Software Engineering Laboratory of the Swiss Federal Insti- tute of Technology (LGL-EPFL) in Lausanne, Switzerland, in cooperation with the Scientific Research Computer Center of Moscow State University (SRCC MSU), Russia, with funding partially provided by grants from the Swiss National Science Foundation and the Swiss Academy of Engineering Sciences. ASIS-for-GNAT is now maintained by Ada Core Technologies Inc (http://www.gnat.com). This manual page was written by Ludovic Brenta <ludovic@ludovic-brenta.org> for the Debian project. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-1997, Free Software Foundation, Inc. SEE ALSO
asistant(1), gnat(1), gnatcheck(1), gnatmetric(1), gnatpp(1), gnatstub(1) The full documentation for gnatelim in /usr/share/doc/asis-programs/README.gnatelim info asis_ug ASIS-for-GNAT User's Guide info asis_rm ASIS-for-GNAT Reference Manual GNU Ada Tools January 2002 GNATELIM(1)