Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Error on network card
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Error on network card Post 302929571 by fretagi on Tuesday 23rd of December 2014 04:04:21 AM
Old 12-23-2014
Error on network card

Hi

Please can you help me to understand what could be wrong based on what I have captured in the logs:
I have run
Code:
cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i warn

, and I got the following output
Code:
NetworkManager[7016]: <warn> Activation (eth3) failed.
Dec 23 10:58:25 cmoveldb02 NetworkManager[7016]: <warn> (eth3): DHCPv4 request timed out.
Dec 23 10:58:25 cmoveldb02 NetworkManager[7016]: <warn> Activation (eth3) failed.

the system is running
Code:
ubuntu 12.04

I have run
Code:
ifconfig -a

, and got the following:
Code:
 ifconfig -a
eth2      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:23:8b:41:b4:9c
          inet addr:192.168.6.24  Bcast:192.168.6.31  Mask:255.255.255.224
          inet6 addr: fe80::223:8bff:fe41:b49c/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:761426 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:774305 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:139384970 (139.3 MB)  TX bytes:109771872 (109.7 MB)
          Interrupt:16 Memory:fcde0000-fce00000

eth3      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:23:8b:41:b4:9d
          inet6 addr: fe80::223:8bff:fe41:b49d/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:346190 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 B)  TX bytes:77978155 (77.9 MB)
          Interrupt:17 Memory:fcd80000-fcda0000

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:2325747 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:2325747 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:348097678 (348.0 MB)  TX bytes:348097678 (348.0 MB)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

network card

I have a UnixWare 2 server that has an ISA 3Com NIC that has just a BNC connector on it. I want to remove this and install an ISA 3Com NIC that has a BNC/RJ45 connector. What steps do I have to go through to successfully complete this? Thye are almost the exact same cards except for the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cparks
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

network card physical reset error

Hi all I am facing some problem with network card i am using solaris8 and on sunultra10 .As it is my firewal machine i have got on backup harddisk for any emergency. In one hardidsk while installation only hme0 interface was configured and in the backup hard disk qfe0/hme0 both are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prafulla
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing network card

1) i am trying to install realtek network card in caldrea linux, but i am not able to find the interface, 2)i download drivers for network card and i am not able to read the floopy in linux, pls help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Network Card with SGI

The Octane is driving me nuts . It was sitting on the network doing its job nicely and i had to pull the n/w cable out from the wall to pull it from the inside of the table and connected it again . The logs show this -- link down .... < when i pulled it out > link ok < when i connected > But... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Card Help

I have been having trouble with my sis900 neytwork card in slacwkare linux. I tried to modprobe the sis900, it didnt give me any errors but it didnt load it. so I put in a realtek 8139 network card and tried it too. These are the errors i get with the two cards when trying to do insmod on either of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: The Fridgerator
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network card problem

hi, everyone: alpha 600 au true64 Unix 4.0f my network cart is set "Auto-Negotiate".After operate system startup,the network will be disconnected by itself at sometime. I found some prompt in /usr/adm/messages. "tu0 :transmit FIFO underflow:threshold raised to :256 byteŁ¬link up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: q30
1 Replies

7. Solaris

[need help] error after configure network card at v890 sparc

hi experts, i have some problem with my server v890, i had config the network with ce0,ce1 and eri0 but after reboot the server have this error messages display : WARNING: ce0: fault detected external to device; service degraded WARNING: ce0: xcvr addr:0x01 - link down configuring IPv4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bucci
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I tell which network card is which?

I have three network cards in my unix box. I need to figure out which card corresponds to an assigned IP address. If there some command in unix I can use to make an ethernet interface blink? Any advice would be appreciated. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
6 Replies

9. Solaris

How to identifying the network card ?

Hi Experts, Can we use some command from unix to find the available network interface? I did tried Its listing following, however how can I decide the which vender card is attached e.g. if its hme , bge or some thing else Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
7 Replies

10. Red Hat

Regarding Network Interface Card

Dear All , While taking backups in one Linux Server , we find one alert came with regard to Network Interface Card. Pl find the below alert. Network Interface Card performance for NIC:eth1 has exceeded Major threshold. Bytes sent and received per second (Average)= 105540.303101... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies
Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		     Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats - Collect linux net statistics. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats; my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats->new; $lxs->init; sleep 1; my $stat = $lxs->get; Or my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats->new(initfile => $file); $lxs->init; my $stat = $lxs->get; DESCRIPTION
Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats gathers net statistics from the virtual /proc filesystem (procfs). For more information read the documentation of the front-end module Sys::Statistics::Linux. NET STATISTICS
Generated by /proc/net/dev. rxbyt - Number of bytes received per second. rxpcks - Number of packets received per second. rxerrs - Number of errors that happend while received packets per second. rxdrop - Number of packets that were dropped per second. rxfifo - Number of FIFO overruns that happend on received packets per second. rxframe - Number of carrier errors that happend on received packets per second. rxcompr - Number of compressed packets received per second. rxmulti - Number of multicast packets received per second. txbyt - Number of bytes transmitted per second. txpcks - Number of packets transmitted per second. txerrs - Number of errors that happend while transmitting packets per second. txdrop - Number of packets that were dropped per second. txfifo - Number of FIFO overruns that happend on transmitted packets per second. txcolls - Number of collisions that were detected per second. txcarr - Number of carrier errors that happend on transmitted packets per second. txcompr - Number of compressed packets transmitted per second. ttpcks - Number of total packets (received + transmitted) per second. ttbyt - Number of total bytes (received + transmitted) per second. METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new object. my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats->new; Maybe you want to store/load the initial statistics to/from a file: my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats->new(initfile => '/tmp/netstats.yml'); If you set "initfile" it's not necessary to call sleep before "get()". It's also possible to set the path to the proc filesystem. Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats->new( files => { # This is the default path => '/proc', netdev => 'net/dev', } ); init() Call "init()" to initialize the statistics. $lxs->init; get() Call "get()" to get the statistics. "get()" returns the statistics as a hash reference. my $stat = $lxs->get; raw() The same as get_raw() but it's not necessary to call init() first. get_raw() Call "get_raw()" to get the raw data - no deltas. EXPORTS
No exports. SEE ALSO
proc(5) REPORTING BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Sys::Statistics::Linux::NetStats(3pm)