Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Expect - bash and variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect - bash and variables Post 302929565 by ylafont on Monday 22nd of December 2014 08:01:38 PM
Old 12-22-2014
You are the MAN! Cant tell you how many ways i tried PUTS to no avail! thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with expect and set variables

I'm writing a script that'll send a time-stamp to my backup server. I create a file with the name of the current date, send it to my server with scp and rm the file from the local computer. Individually these commands work fine and with a set name the expect scripts also work fine. The problem... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ktesh564
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need expect to read variables from a list while logged into the same device

Hi, I'm primarily a Cisco/Juniper networking guy, so you'll have to forgive my ignorance when it comes to scripting (although I do write simple backup scripts and things of that nature on a regular basis and I run Linux at home, so I am vaguely familiar with it). What I need to do should be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolverene13
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables in Expect command?

Hi All, I need to frame a unix script to logon to a unix box. The credentials needs to be obtained from a property file on the same location. I am trying to use 'expect' and 'spawn' command to meet this req. When I am passing values, these commands are working fine. but when I am trying to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailkarthik
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect in bash script

Hi, I'm writing a shell script that calls a few commands that prompt the user for two simple yes/no questions. if the answers are consistent (the first is a yes, the second is a no), what would my expect script look like? Google is only giving me answers for scripts where I telnet or ssh. right now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: js741
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect and variables

I'm trying to make an expect function that will pass through a variable. /usr/bin/expect<<EOD spawn su - expect "Password: " send "$psswd\r" expect "#" send "/etc/init.d/network restart >>$log\r" expect "#" send "exit\r" EOD The $log passes through but my $psswd fails I know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lotheovian
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect in bash to get the return value

cat test.sh #!/bin/sh expect <<- EOF set timeout 5 spawn ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no lyang0@128.224.178.245 -C mkdir -p /tmp expect { "Password:" {send "root\r"} } spawn scp -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no /tmp/1 lyang0@128.224.178.245:/tmp/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH arrays and variables of variables in C++

Sometimes it is handy to protect long scripts in C++. The following syntax works fine for simple commands: #define SHELLSCRIPT1 "\ #/bin/bash \n\ echo \"hello\" \n\ " int main () { cout <<system(SHELLSCRIPT1); return 0; } Unfortunately for there are problems for: 1d arrays:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frad
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script with expect

Dear all Hi I want use expect in bash so that we can not use these with each other /bin/bash. With. /usr/bin/expect How can use these with on script or how can call a script from other script #!/bin/bash clear echo "================================== " echo "Enter your Esxi IP"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baber
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash script + expect

im very happy to back for this forum I have servers with alias of double dns extentions: sample: servera.test.com servera.test1.com serverb.test.com serverb.test1.com I need to login to that severs and executing the set of commands if test.com failed then try to login via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash0106
0 Replies
PUTS(3) 						     Linux Programmer's Manual							   PUTS(3)

NAME
fputc, fputs, putc, putchar, puts - output of characters and strings SYNOPSIS
#include <stdio.h> int fputc(int c, FILE *stream); int fputs(const char *s, FILE *stream); int putc(int c, FILE *stream); int putchar(int c); int puts(const char *s); DESCRIPTION
fputc() writes the character c, cast to an unsigned char, to stream. fputs() writes the string s to stream, without its trailing ''. putc() is equivalent to fputc() except that it may be implemented as a macro which evaluates stream more than once. putchar(c); is equivalent to putc(c,stdout). puts() writes the string s and a trailing newline to stdout. Calls to the functions described here can be mixed with each other and with calls to other output functions from the stdio library for the same output stream. For non-locking counterparts, see unlocked_stdio(3). RETURN VALUE
fputc(), putc() and putchar() return the character written as an unsigned char cast to an int or EOF on error. puts() and fputs() return a non-negative number on success, or EOF on error. CONFORMING TO
ANSI - C, POSIX.1 BUGS
It is not advisable to mix calls to output functions from the stdio library with low - level calls to write() for the file descriptor asso- ciated with the same output stream; the results will be undefined and very probably not what you want. SEE ALSO
write(2), ferror(3), fopen(3), fseek(3), fwrite(3), gets(3), scanf(3), unlocked_stdio(3) GNU
1993-04-04 PUTS(3)