Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications Authentication via .htaccess and .htpasswd Post 302929471 by Don Cragun on Monday 22nd of December 2014 02:42:10 AM
Old 12-22-2014
OK. So when you're logged in, you're set up to use a UTF-8 codeset and using a locale providing conventions used in Poland.

Now, what character set and locale conventions are being used by your website?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess?

For a schoolproject, I have to set up an intranet at a company headquarters in the Netherlands. But they want to give the division in the United States access to that intranet. I have to find out how to do that. I've heard that you can do that by giving certain people access to the intranet with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puc conDoin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

.htaccess

i want to protect a folder on my HP.... does the folder need more than ".htaccess" and ".htpasswd" to be protected , and ask for login and password??? Please help ...... i use HTAdmin 1.2.1 to manage my access files.. The systemadmin cant or wount answer.....:confused: Avenger (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Avenger
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

htaccess

Something is wrong. I do everything right make the .htaccess file and stuff, but when I try the htpasswd command it says command not found. I use Putty SSH client and I think server is running RedHat 7.1 with Apache some version. HELP!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: _hp_
1 Replies

4. Linux

htpasswd command not found

dear unix, need ur help, i have installed apache n apache is working... but i cant use htpasswd , the error said command not found. for web authentucation... thanks for any help :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: click007
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to convert passwd file to .htpasswd

I need to take our unix password file and make the usernames and passwords in a .htpasswd file to protect some webpages. I really dont want to type them in. Any suggestions how I do this? /---Frank----/ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frankkahle
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Resolved: htpasswd issues (-b) on FreeBSD

I wrote a script to batch-create directories with .htaccess and .htpasswd files. I am using the following line to create the .htpasswd file: htpasswd -cb .htpasswd $USER $PASS However, I keep getting this message in return: Usage: htpasswd passwordfile username The -c flag creates a new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redirect with htaccess

Hi, I would like to use htaccess 301 redirect with URL hiding. Ex: when browse the website 'abc.com' it should show the contents of the page 'xyz.com/start/index.html' but in addressbar should show the domain 'abc.com'. I know it works with html URL frame rewrite. But my question is it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandranjoy
0 Replies

8. Web Development

.htaccess redirect with #

I have the following directive in my .htaccess: #RewriteRule ^mozrank/?$ "http://www.seobook.com/#a_aid=dh" The problem is that the redirect is going to http://www.seobook.com/%23a_aid=dh How to preserve the # when redirecting? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rlopes
2 Replies
dumpcs(1)							   User Commands							 dumpcs(1)

NAME
dumpcs - show codeset table for the current locale SYNOPSIS
dumpcs [-0123vw] DESCRIPTION
dumpcs shows a list of printable characters for the user's current locale, along with their hexadecimal code values. The display device is assumed to be capable of displaying characters for a given locale. With no option, dumpcs displays the entire list of printable characters for the current locale. With one or more numeric options specified, it shows EUC codeset(s) for the current locale according to the numbers specified, and in order of codeset number. Each non-printable character is represented by an asterisk "*" and enough ASCII space character(s) to fill that code- set's column width. OPTIONS
-0 Show ASCII (or EUC primary) codeset. -1 Show EUC codeset 1, if used for the current locale. -2 Show EUC codeset 2, if used for the current locale. -3 Show EUC codeset 3, if used for the current locale. -v "Verbose". Normally, ranges of non-printable characters are collapsed into a single line. This option produces one line for each non-printable character. -w Replace code values with corresponding wide character values (process codes). ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
The environment variables LC_CTYPE and LANG control the character classification throughout dumpcs. On entry to dumpcs, these environment variables are checked in that order. This implies that a new setting for LANG does not override the setting of LC_CTYPE. When none of the values is valid, the character classification defaults to the POSIX.1 "C" locale. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------------------------------------+ |ATTRIBUTE TYPE ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
localedef(1), attributes(5) NOTES
dumpcs can only handle EUC locales. SunOS 5.11 20 Dec 1996 dumpcs(1)