Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Best solution for a network share? Post 302928064 by xdawg on Monday 8th of December 2014 04:01:21 PM
Old 12-08-2014
Best solution for a network share?

This is in a CentOS 6 environment, our developer needs to be able to specify a relative path to a shared folder so that four machines can all point to the same shared directory, so I need to know the easiest way to do this in a native Linux environment.

I've already created the directory on the machine that will host the share, now I just need to know the best way to do that since there is no need to share with Windows, etc. (I come from a windows background Smilie so I've never done this in a Linux/*nix environment Smilie)

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Home Network Storage Solution.

Hi All... I have never really touched any form of unix so any help would be appraciated. I am looking at creating/building another PC to add to my network for storage purposes only. Would unix be the best OS to use in this situation as all I have available to me is a very low end PC. As... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Merlyn
10 Replies

2. IP Networking

Network Solution

Hello Guys: This is more of a personal problem. I work for a University and the Univ has given me an ip address range 135.123.39.2 - 135.123.39.254 for my lab. Every time I bring a computer for the lab, I have to ask the university to add the dns name to the dns server. Recently we have split up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: disturbe_d
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

output of file from several machines written to network share, then emailed to group.

I have a script on all the machines on my network that lists how many updates are available for each machine, and then outputs the answer to a file called updates.txt the output shows the hostname and the number of updates, like: computer_A 7 I want all these machines to output the data to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: glev2005
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Server Network Settings - Share Directory Structure

Hello Unix Gurus Who I Hope Reads This, I have quasi-inherited control over a Linux cluster at a university research lab. The post-doc that set it up is gone, and the person in charge of administering the cluster doesn't know a ton about Linux. Amongst other things, I want to use the cluster... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbl
0 Replies

5. SuSE

iscsi network share + xfs

Hello, we got a MD3000i used as a network share between two servers (say A and B). The problem we are facing is that file/directories created by server A are not visible on server B (and viceversa). It's not a problem with permission (chmod 777 doesn't help). The MD3000i was at first used ony... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neutrino
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How can I setup a NFS server to share with a whole network?

I have a solaris 10 system that is setup as a NFS server. The NFS clients have DHCP running. How do I setup the server, so that it allows mounts for any machine on the network? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishania
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Windows network share visible to Solaris 9 host and vice versa

Hi, I have a Windows server running WinSVR 2008R2 with a network share configured \\hostname\JSS_Share I would like to be able to mount this share on a Solaris host running Solaris 9. I would also like to mount a directory on the Solaris host and make it visible to the Windows server. The idea... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamba1
1 Replies
Xacobeo::Conf(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Xacobeo::Conf(3pm)

NAME
Xacobeo::Conf - Application's configuration. SYNOPSIS
use Xacobeo::Conf; my $conf = Xacobeo::Conf->get_conf; my $icon = $conf->share_file('images', 'xacobeo.png'); # /usr/share/images/xacobeo.png my $po_folder = $conf->share_folder('locale'); # /usr/share/locale DESCRIPTION
Utility class that provides a way for accessing all configuration parameters that are needed at runtime.. PROPERTIES
The following properties are defined: dir The root directory where the application has been installed. METHODS
The following methods are available: get_conf Returns the current configuration instance. This class is a singleton so there's no constructor. share_dir Returns the path of a folder in the application's share directory. Parameters: o @path The path parts relative to the share directory. share_file Returns the path of a file in the application's share directory. Parameters: o @path The path parts relative to the share directory. app_name Returns the application's name. plugin_folders Returns the folders that are scanned for plugins. AUTHORS
Emmanuel Rodriguez <potyl@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2008,2009 by Emmanuel Rodriguez. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Xacobeo::Conf(3pm)