Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_regex-mt Post 302925359 by shamrock on Sunday 16th of November 2014 06:33:44 PM
Old 11-16-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by larry burns
where is LD_LIBRARY_PATH? how do I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH env variable?
You set it on the command prompt of your UNIX/Linux machine...the dollar sign ($) is usually the default prompt and here is how you would first set a variable and then run make...
Code:
$ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib64
$ make

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

command find returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long

Hello, I create a file touch 1201093003 fichcomp and inside a repertory (which hava a lot of files) I want to list all files created before this file : find *.* \! -maxdepth 1 - newer fichcomp but this command returned bash: /usr/bin/find: Argument list too long but i make a filter all... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yacsil
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How do I link ld in /usr/ucb/ to /usr/ccs/bin?

Hi all, below is the problem details: ora10g@CNORACLE1>which ld /usr/ucb/ld ora10g@CNORACLE1>cd /usr/ccs/bin ora10g@CNORACLE1>ln -s /usr/ucb/ld ld ln: cannot create ld: File exists ora10g@CNORACLE1> how to link it to /usr/ccs/bin? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
6 Replies

3. Red Hat

/usr/bin/find && -exec /bin/rm never work as expected

hi there, Would you able to advise that why the syntax or statement below couldn't work as expected ? /usr/bin/find /backup -name "*tar*" -mtime +2 -exec /bin/rm -f {} \; 1> /dev/null 2>&1 In fact, I was initially located it as in crontab job, but it doesn't work at all. So, I was... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rauphelhunter
9 Replies

4. Programming

can't compile under cygwin anymore, /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o etc

I have been compiling software under gcc3.4.4-999 cygwin for some time now. I was having an issue, so I decided to re-install gcc. After the re-install, I am getting the following errors from the linker, /usr/bin/ld: cannot find crt2.o: No such file or directory /usr/bin/ld: cannot find... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use use /usr/bin/find for 4 digit year dirs only

I have lots of directories in ~/. My diaries are stored in directories in ~/ containing exactly 4 digits. How do I use the /usr/bin/find command to only search my diary directories? So I would like my search to include ~/2009/abc/def and ~/2010/2001/33 but not ~/103/ or ~/20101/ or ~/201/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
2 Replies

7. Programming

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpam

I'm trying to compile sudo on RHEL 4.8 and during the make I get the this error. Does anyone know what package I'm missing? gcc -o sudo sudo_auth.o pam.o mkstemps.o ldap.o exec_pty.o get_pty.o iolog.o audit.o boottime.o check.o env.o exec.o getspwuid.o gettime.o goodpath.o fileops.o find_path.o... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz error

I am installing lxml module for python on redhat I have installed libxml2 already. When I run for libxslt: ./configure --prefix=libxslt_folder --with-libxml-prefix=libxml2_folder It is ok the I run : make I have error: /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lz collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to recursively /usr/bin/find only readonly files?

I'm having trouble because, for some reason, cp -R missed a few files. And so did xcopy/s. Since I'm running Cygwin on Win10, I decided to see if robocopy would be more effective. The trouble is someone, maybe xcopy/s or cp -R dutifully set certain files to be read only so when I try a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
6 Replies
LDCONFIG(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       LDCONFIG(8)

NAME
ldconfig -- configure the a.out shared library cache SYNOPSIS
ldconfig [-cmrsSv] [directory ...] DESCRIPTION
ldconfig is used to prepare a set of ``hints'' for use by the a.out run-time linker ld.so to facilitate quick lookup of shared libraries available in multiple directories. ldconfig is only available on systems that use the ``a.out'' format for executables and libraries - on ELF systems, all the work is done by ld.elf_so. By default, it scans a set of built-in system directories, directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf, and any directories specified on the com- mand line (in the given order) looking for shared libraries and stores the results in the file /var/run/ld.so.hints to forestall the overhead that would otherwise result from the directory search operations ld.so would have to perform to load required shared libraries. The shared libraries so found will be automatically available for loading if needed by the program being prepared for execution. This obvi- ates the need for storing search paths within the executable. The LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable can be used to override the use of directories (or the order thereof) from the cache or to specify additional directories where shared libraries might be found. LD_LIBRARY_PATH is a ':' separated list of directory paths that are searched by ld.so when it needs to load a shared library. It can be viewed as the run-time equivalent of the -L switch of ld. ldconfig is typically run as part of the boot sequence. The following options are recognized by ldconfig: -c Do not scan directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf for shared libraries. -m Merge the result of the scan of the directories given as arguments into the existing hints file. The default action is to build the hints file afresh. -r Lists the current contents of ld.so.hints on the standard output. The hints file will not be modified. -s Do not scan the built-in system directory (/usr/lib), nor any directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf for shared libraries. -S Do not scan the built-in system directory (/usr/lib), for shared libraries. (Directories listed in /etc/ld.so.conf are still scanned.) -v Switch on verbose mode. FILES
/var/run/ld.so.hints, /etc/ld.so.conf SEE ALSO
ld(1), ld.so(1), ld.so.conf(5), link(5) HISTORY
A ldconfig utility first appeared in SunOS 4.0, it appeared in its current form in NetBSD 0.9A. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
Special care must be taken when loading shared libraries into the address space of set-user-ID programs. Whenever such a program is run, ld.so will only load shared libraries from the ld.so.hints file. In particular, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_PRELOAD is not used to search for libraries. Thus, the role of ldconfig is dual. In addition to building a set of hints for quick lookup, it also serves to specify the trusted collection of directories from which shared objects can be safely loaded. It is presumed that the set of directories specified to ldconfig is under control of the system's administrator. ld.so further assists set-user-ID programs by erasing the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_PRELOAD from the environment. BSD
October 8, 2000 BSD