Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Read timeout
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Read timeout Post 302924497 by rprasad on Monday 10th of November 2014 07:27:40 AM
Old 11-10-2014
Does not seem to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cero
Depending on the shell you use the TMOUT variable may help too:
Code:
TMOUT=60 read input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

timeout

How can I kick a user out after being idle for a certain amount of time, would prefer not to use scripts, will TMOUT work on HP-UX? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
5 Replies

2. Solaris

About the Timeout

Hello everyone I am a new one,I want to know how to get the solaris force the loginer out if he do not in a time thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyh003473
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Giving "read" from standard input a timeout.

I want to prompt a user for input but I want it to timeout after a specified time if no response is given. I tried the sleep command but this does not work. I am using ksh. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rello
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh read timeout

any idea on how to timeout the read statement for ksh? for bash u can use read -t option -t timeout Cause read to time out and return failure if a complete line of input is not read within timeout seconds. This option has ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashterix
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to timeout the "read" command

I have a script that at some point will ask the interactive user a question: #!/bin/ksh echo "What is your access code?" read ans ... Sometimes this script is run by other scripts and there are no interactive users. The script then hangs on the "read" command, waiting for a user response... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rm-r
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

RPC Timeout

I have a RHEL 2.1 machine that I am trying to get to mount a remote nfs filesystem. Both servers have 2 network interfaces. My linux machine can mount the filesystem through one interface with no problems but if I switch over and try to mount it through the other interface using a totally... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darren.wyatt
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

read from std i/p with timeout within a script

hello every one , this is my first participation in the forum , I hope it'll be a good start within a script I would like to put some code to read i\p from standard i\p using read command if it reads Y it will terminate the script if it reads N it will continue execution , if no i\p is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blue_shadow
2 Replies

8. Boot Loaders

read sectors from disk failed with timeout

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wljackhero
0 Replies

9. Linux

i'm writing some code to simulate the boot progress after power on but when i try to read the 2nd sector from a floppy disk, this operation always fail with ah=0x80h which means timeout, how can i get over this problem? my code would be like this: $ cat boot.S .code16 #define SETUPLEN 4... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

0 Replies
nfexpire(1)															       nfexpire(1)

NAME
nfanon - netflow anonymisation SYNOPSIS
nfanon [options] DESCRIPTION
nfanon is used to anonymise all IP addresses ( src, dst, next hop, router IP etc. ) in the netflow records using the CryptoPAn (Cryptogra- phy-based Prefix-preserving Anonymization) module. The key -K is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. The key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. See http://www.cc.gatech.edu/computing/Telecomm/cryptopan/ for more information about CryptoPAn. nfanon has several modes of operation. o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M and anonymises the flows in the given files. The input file arguments have the same syntax and meaning as nfdump(1). o nfanon reads a sequence of input files, specified by -r, -R and -M. All anonymised flows are written to a single file specified by -w. o nfanon works as filter and reads flows from stding and writes the anonymised flows to stdout. OPTIONS
-r inputfile Read input data from inputfile. Default is read from stdin. -R expr Read input from a sequence of files in the same directory. expr may be one of: /any/dir Read recursively all files in directory dir. /dir/file Read all files beginning with file. /dir/file1:file2 Read all files from file1 to file2. Note: files are read in alphabetical sequence. -M expr Read input from multiple directories. expr looks like: /any/path/to/dir1:dir2:dir3 etc. and will be expanded to the directories: /any/path/to/dir1, /any/path/to/dir2 and /any/path/to/dir3 Any number of colon separated directories may be given. The files to read are specified by -r or -R and are expected to exist in all the given directories. The options -r and -R must not contain any directory part when used in conjunction with -M. -w outputfile If specified writes anonymised netflow records to outputfile. -K key The key is used to initialize the Rijndael cipher. key is either a 32 character string, or a 64 hex digit string starting with 0x. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 No error. 255 Initialization failed. 250 Internal error. NOTES
None. SEE ALSO
nfdump(1) BUGS
2009-09-09 nfexpire(1)