Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unable to remove VIOS disk
Operating Systems AIX Unable to remove VIOS disk Post 302923749 by filosophizer on Tuesday 4th of November 2014 10:33:20 AM
Old 11-04-2014
Yes, you are right, it was coming from SAN to VIO Server and from VIO server to LPAR

Now the SAN Connection has been removed from the PSeries Machine

and I tried to remove the DISK from VIO Server but couldn't

Code:
# lspv
hdisk0          00c7780e79838606                    rootvg          active
hdisk8          00c7780e8945b5bb                    patchtest       active
hdisk9          00c7780e8945b5bb                    patchtest       active

# lsdev -Cc disk
hdisk0 Available 09-08-00-3,0 16 Bit LVD SCSI Disk Drive
hdisk8 Available 0A-09-02     MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk
hdisk9 Available 0A-09-02     MPIO Other DS4K Array Disk

# varyoffvg patchtest
0516-062 lqueryvg: Unable to read or write logical volume manager
        record. PV may be permanently corrupted. Run diagnostics
0516-012 lvaryoffvg: Logical volume must be closed.  If the logical
        volume contains a filesystem, the umount command will close
        the LV device.
0516-942 varyoffvg: Unable to vary off volume group patchtest.

How can I remove the volume group and the disks ? thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unable to remove file using rm: Disk space is full

Hi all, My disk space is 100% full. df -k <dir> -> 100% One of my debug files consume huge amount of space and i want to remove the same to start off fresh debugs. However i'm unable to remove the file giving out the following error message: rm -f debug.out22621 rm: cannot remove... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pankajakshan
8 Replies

2. AIX

Problem mapping LUN disk from VIOS to the LPAR

Hello guys, It would be so nice of you if someone can provide me with these informations. 1) My SAN group assigned 51G of LUN space to the VIO server.I ran cfgdev to discover the newly added LUN. Unfortunately most of the disks that are in VIO server is 51G. How would I know which is the newly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to take backup of /var on another disk !!

Hi Gurus, I have to back the /var to other disk, however I am unable to do so. What I did is Created a partition on another disk, placed file system on the slice and mounted on /mnt . Issued following command #ufsdump 0cfu /mnt /var And I am getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Unable to mount disk

I am running Ubuntu Server, I recently added a new hard drive to the machine When I run fdisk -l I see both drives. The recently added drive is present but it's listed as extended. when I try to mount the drive it says you must specify the file system type. I can't mount this drive, I was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
2 Replies

5. AIX

VIOS IP address - separate vlan for vios servers ?

Hello, Lets say for simplicity that I do not use any vlan config inside my server - one lpar group use hea physical port1, another group hea physical port2. Physical port1 configured as vlan1 on external switch, physical port2 as vlan2. What is the common practice - should I isolate my vios... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

6. AIX

Shared Disk in VIOS between two LPARs ?

is there any way to create shared virtual disk between two LPARs like how you can do it using Storage through Fiber on two servers ? Trying to stimulate HACMP between two LPARs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solved: Disk Unable to Boot

Update: The / file system (/dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0) is being checked fsck unable to stat WARNING - unable to repair the / filesystem. Run fsck manually (fsck -F ufs /dev/rdsk/c1t0d0s0). Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): I am unable to hit control-d to by pass. I... (50 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
50 Replies

8. AIX

VIOS: Extend virtual disk assigned to running lpar?

Hello, VIOS 2.2.1.4 using IVM. I'm trying to extend a virtual disk assigned to a running lpar so that I can expand the lpar's datavg and grow some filesystems for the user. Storage admin expanded the lun and new size was reflected in VIO right away. I then needed the storage pool to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to install client AIX LPAR to vscsi hdisk provided from VIOS

Hi everybody, I have Power5 server with 4 internal hdisks each of 70Gb. VIOS server was installed via Virtual I/O Server Image Repository on the HMC. HMC release - 7.7.0 VIOS rootvg installed on 2 disk(these disks merged to one storage pool during VIOS install process),and 2 others hdisks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravil Khalilov
2 Replies
pvremove(1M)															      pvremove(1M)

NAME
pvremove - remove LVM data structure from a physical volume SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The command clears the LVM data structure on a disk, so that it is no longer an LVM physical volume. The device may then be used by the file system or by other volume managers. The operation is denied if pv_path is assigned to a volume group. The command only clears the LVM data structure on a disk if the disk does not belong to a volume group. This avoids accidentally removing a valid physical volume under a volume group. If the physical volume to be removed belongs to a volume group, use the command to first remove the volume group associated with the physical volume. Arguments recognizes the following arguments: pv_path The character (raw) device path name of a physical volume. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Remove LVM data structure on the physical volume SEE ALSO
lvremove(1M), vgremove(1M), intro(7), lvm(7). pvremove(1M)