Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Create another root account
Operating Systems AIX Create another root account Post 302922408 by igalvarez on Friday 24th of October 2014 11:47:55 AM
Old 10-24-2014
Hi,

I suggest not to do that.. you can use rbac(for AIX 6.1), create your roles and assing roles to other users. They have same authotity as root and it's safer thinking in security stuff.
Suppose you create a role myadminrole and assigned to a user israel, so log
1- log on as israel
2- swrole myadminrole
and do what ever you want.
This user can change the root password without any issues.

Hopes this helps
This User Gave Thanks to igalvarez For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create or modify user account to have same access as root

Is there a way to create or better yet modify a user account so it has the same privs as root? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
6 Replies

2. AIX

root account has been locked

I'am set the root account locked ON, using smitty, so I can't login or su with root user in my AIX system, some one can help me to unlock root account login ???, sample : :~>su root's Password: 3004-301 Your account has been locked; please see the system administrator. 3004-501 Cannot su to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maker
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Renaming of root account

Hi, I have solaris 7. Just for implementing security on my system, I would like to know can I rename the root account to something else. After renaming will my os still function properly. Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Root account is expired

Hi all, I am using redhat linux version 9 .I am unable to login to the system and i am getting a warninig sorry root account is expired . How can i activate the account. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mallesh
2 Replies

5. AIX

Can't login root account due to can't find root shell

Hi, yesterday, I changed root's shell in /etc/passwd, cause a mistake then I can not log in root account (can't find correct shell). I attempted to log in single-mode, however, it prompted for single-mode's password then I type root's password but still can not log in. I'm using AIX 5L version 5.2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neikel
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Root account - disable expiry

I couldnt find this in any other post - so hoping someone can help out. I want to set password expiry (or rather I have to) for a number of users on my solaris 9 system. I know i can set the following options in the /etc/default/passwd file to do it and then just type a passwd -f <username> to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Root account!

Is it possible to create more than one root account? Thanks, Jorge (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jofonseca99
4 Replies

8. Solaris

how to su - from non root acount to non root account

HI i am trying to give su access to some users say X Y and Z to a account AB . I am able to give them su access to root with the help of sudoers file but i want to give them password less access to AB account which i am not able to do . I want to this when user X fires "su - AB" he is not... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rishiraaz
9 Replies

9. Solaris

Recover root account

Hi everyone! I've got a problem caused by another who did: - He create an user and grant the group (1) to this - The problem appears as "Permission deined when reboot the Server Dec 21 09:13:09 payment dtlogin: open_pam_conf: Owner of /etc/pam.conf is not root Dec 21... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: trantuananh24hg
4 Replies
envuidgid(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      envuidgid(8)

NAME
envuidgid - runs another program with environment variables indicating a specified account's uid and gid. SYNOPSIS
envuidgid account child DESCRIPTION
account is a single argument. child consists of one or more arguments. envuidgid sets $UID to account's uid and $GID to account's gid. It then runs child. EXIT CODES
envuidgid exits 111 if it cannot find a UNIX account named account, if it runs out of memory for environment variables, or if it cannot run child. Otherwise its exit code is the same as that of child. SEE ALSO
supervise(8), svc(8), svok(8), svstat(8), svscanboot(8), svscan(8), readproctitle(8), fghack(8), pgrphack(8), multilog(8), tai64n(8), tai64nlocal(8), setuidgid(8), envdir(8), softlimit(8), setlock(8) http://cr.yp.to/daemontools.html envuidgid(8)