Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lpar migration
Operating Systems AIX Lpar migration Post 302921141 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 15th of October 2014 07:30:15 AM
Old 10-15-2014
It is my understanding that Oracle RAC is actually running the database on all nodes concurrently, so if you stop node1, then all transactions and traffic will continue to be processed on node2.

This assumes that the TNS names on all clients are correctly configured so that clients will be aware that RAC is in play and that transfer will take place. You will have tested this when building and deploying your application, I'm sure. If there is an unexpected crash, then I'm assuming that your application will seamlessly continue.

Would you have the confidence to crash your node1 server? If not then that would suggest that this has never been tested.

Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

2. AIX

Autostart of LPAR

Hi, I have 2 lpars on my AIX that needs to be started manually after each reboot. Because the servers are storing the NFS and NIS info, other servers won't run correctly until they start up. I found in IBM documentation the steps to make it automatic. My question is, I want to know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
2 Replies

3. AIX

LPAR

I am planning for System P with 2 number of 2-core processor (4 core in total). Can I make 3 LPARS with this processor configuration without the support of micropartitioning, that means with simple LPAR only. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR creation

can i get a step b syep explanation in creating LPAR... i have searched for tutorials i couldn't find the right one.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
2 Replies

5. AIX

Bootting up a new LPAR

I have created a new LPAR using IVM. I activated the LPAR, and start the window terminal (java), it prompt me for the padmin password. After keyin the password, it will shows BOOTP parameter. I am just wondering how come it didnt go to screen where i can select to go into SMS menu to pick... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
0 Replies

6. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

7. AIX

Mirroring in LPAR

Hi Folks, I am a newbie in AIX. Can someone please tell me how to do root mirroring in AIX LPAR which is created from mksysb image via HMC/NIM. ? AIX 5.3/6.1 Let me know. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
2 Replies

8. AIX

Hostname for each lpar

Hi Gurus, Can a AIX server with 4 LPARs, each having it's own hostname on the same physical host. Is this possible? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

9. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - FC Switch migration, SAN Migration question!

I'm New to AIX / VIOS We're doing a FC switch cutover on an ibm device, connected via SAN. How do I tell if one path to my remote disk is lost? (aix lvm) How do I tell when my link is down on my HBA port? Appreciate your help, very much! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
4 Replies
CRASH(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						  CRASH(8)

NAME
crash -- examine and debug system images SYNOPSIS
crash [-M core] [-N kernel] DESCRIPTION
The crash command is used to examine and debug system images. If run without any arguments, crash operates on the running system. The options are as follows: -M core Operate on the specified crash dump instead of the default /dev/mem. Crash dumps should be from the same version of the system and same machine architecture as the running version of crash, and must be uncompressed. -N kernel Extract the name list from the specified kernel instead of the default /dev/ksyms. The command syntax used by crash is the same as the in-kernel debugger. See the ddb(4) manual page for more information. Operations and facilities that require a running system, such as breakpoints, are not supported by crash. crash does not provide pagination. However, by using the pipe symbol, output may be sent to commands available from the shell. For example: crash> ps | more crash> ps | grep ioflush SEE ALSO
ps(1), vmstat(1), ddb(4), pstat(8) HISTORY
The crash command appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
March 7, 2009 BSD