Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk to parse html file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to parse html file Post 302919228 by cmccabe on Monday 29th of September 2014 04:08:46 PM
Old 09-29-2014
Thank you all Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

shell script to parse html file

hi all, i have a html file something similar to this. <tr class="evenrow"> <td class="data">added</td><td class="data">xyz@abc.com</td> <td class="data">filename.sql</td><td class="modifications-data">08/25/2009 07:58:40</td><td class="data">Added TK prof script</td> </tr> <tr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sais
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse HTML tag parameters and text

Hi! I have a bunch of HTML files, which I want to parse to CSV files. Every page has a table in it, and I need to parse each row into a csv record. With awk and sed, I managed to put every table row in separate lines. So my file looks like this: <TR> .... </TR> <TR> .... </TR> ...One... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senszey
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to parse html

Hello, I have a html file like this : <html> ... ... ... <table> ....... ...... </table> <table name = "hi"> ...... ..... ... </table> <h1> Welcome </h1> ....... ...... </html> (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanna1157
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract/Parse information from html (website)

Hello, I want to extract some informations from a html (website, http://www.energiecontracting.de/7-mitglieder/von-A-Z.php?a_z=B&seite=2 ) file and save those in a predefined format (.csv).. However it seems that the code on that website is kinda messy and I can't find a way to handle it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to Parse File

Hi all, I have a file that contains a good hundred of these job definitions below: Job Name Last Start Last End ST Run Pri/Xit ________________________________________________________________ ____________________... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atticuss
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse excel file with html on each cell

<DIV><P>Pré-condição aceder ao ecrã Home do MRS.</P></DIV><DIV><P>OK.</P></DIV><DIV><P>Seleccionar Pesquisa de Recepção Directa.</P></DIV><DIV><P>Confirmar que abriu ecrã de Recepção Directa.</P></DIV><DIV> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliveiraum
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse multiple html files in directory

I have downloaded source code for 97 files using: wget -x -i link.txt then run a rename loop: for file in * do mv $file $file.txt done to keep the html tags but make the file a text that can be parsed. In each of the 97 txt files the gene # is variable, but the gene is associated... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse html

I downloaded source code using: wget -qO- http://fulgentdiagnostics.com/test/clinical-exome/ | cat > flugentsource.txt Now I am trying to use sed to parse it to confirm a gene count. Basically, output (flugent.txt) all the gene names with a total count after them I'm not all that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to parse a specifc value between html tags using sed?

Hi, im trying to read a Temperature value from html code. So far i have managed to reduce the whole html page down to this single line with the following sed command:sed -n '/Temperature/p' $temp_temperature | tee temp_string <TD width='350'>Temperature :</td><td>25... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naittis
2 Replies
Ace::Sequence::Gene(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Ace::Sequence::Gene(3pm)

NAME
Ace::Sequence::Gene - Simple "Gene" Object SYNOPSIS
# open database connection and get an Ace::Object sequence use Ace::Sequence; # get a megabase from the middle of chromosome I $seq = Ace::Sequence->new(-name => 'CHROMOSOME_I, -db => $db, -offset => 3_000_000, -length => 1_000_000); # get all the genes @genes = $seq->genes; # get the exons from the first one @exons = $genes[0]->exons; # get the introns @introns = $genes[0]->introns # get the CDSs (NOT IMPLEMENTED YET!) @cds = $genes[0]->cds; DESCRIPTION
Ace::Sequence::Gene is a subclass of Ace::Sequence::Feature. It inherits all the methods of Ace::Sequence::Feature, but adds the ability to retrieve the annotated introns and exons of the gene. OBJECT CREATION
You will not ordinarily create an Ace::Sequence::Gene object directly. Instead, objects will be created in response to a genes() call to an Ace::Sequence object. OBJECT METHODS
Most methods are inherited from Ace::Sequence::Feature. The following methods are also supported: exons() @exons = $gene->exons; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to annotated exons. introns() @introns = $gene->introns; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to annotated introns. cds() @cds = $gene->cds; Return a list of Ace::Sequence::Feature objects corresponding to coding sequence. THIS IS NOT YET IMPLEMENTED. relative() $relative = $gene->relative; $gene->relative(1); This turns on and off relative coordinates. By default, the exons and intron features will be returned in the coordinate system used by the gene. If relative() is set to a true value, then coordinates will be expressed as relative to the start of the gene. The first exon will (usually) be 1. SEE ALSO
Ace, Ace::Object, Ace::Sequence,Ace::Sequence::Homol, Ace::Sequence::Feature, Ace::Sequence::FeatureList, GFF AUTHOR
Lincoln Stein <lstein@cshl.org> with extensive help from Jean Thierry-Mieg <mieg@kaa.crbm.cnrs-mop.fr> Copyright (c) 1999, Lincoln D. Stein This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See DISCLAIMER.txt for disclaimers of warranty. POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 148: You forgot a '=back' before '=head1' perl v5.14.2 2001-02-18 Ace::Sequence::Gene(3pm)