Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking C - IP change during a hardware refresh? Post 302918231 by visitsany on Monday 22nd of September 2014 11:49:34 AM
Old 09-22-2014
The machines were rebooted in the past. and IP didn't change.
Shouldn't be just a reboot.

what else could be part of a hardware refresh?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Refresh window?

Hi, for my first time using AIX, I haven't had much luck and I was wondering if I could get some urgent help. I had a terminal open and had allocated some space to a new volume group and then logical partition to "/foldername". I then went to go to netscape, so I typed that in the terminal and it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimmyFo
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

Ip Addresses With Hardware Change

I have 2 identical printers with the same IP on my network. One is only used as a backup for the primary printer and both are never on line at the same time. The goal was to always keep only 1 on and have an use the other printer as an immediate backup if necessary. But when I switch the cable I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: golfs4us
4 Replies

3. HP-UX

Hardware Change 715/33 715/100 HIL - PS2 - XServer didnt start ???

I Need help ! We changed a WS HP 715/33 the new is a HP 715/100 ! The old one supports a HIL keyboard and mouse. The "new" one PS2 keyboard. We changed only the hardware not the harddisk - now the Xserver didnīt start ! What have we to configure thatt the WS supports the PS2 keyboard under... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbrandt1
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Refresh ls list on screen (auto-refresh)?

I am looking for a way to issue a command or string of commands to repeatedly display new files that are written to the directory. I usually use ls -ltr to see the newest files at the bottom of the screen. I would like to automate this command to refresh what is displayed every second or so. Can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skidude
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10u7 won't boot after hardware change

Hi all, I've somehow gained the idea that I _need_ to run at least 1 box with Solaris, but things don't go as I had planned :-) I pulled this ancient IBM eserver xseries 305 out of the dust, and got myself a fresh copy of the required cd's for Solaris 10u7. FAIL, for some reason the box and the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr.aart
7 Replies

6. Programming

ncurses refresh()

i have read in one of links, there its documented but i am using following code int main () { char ch; initscr(); printw("Enter a char :"); ch=getch(); printw("You Entered '%c' ",ch); getch(); endwin(); return 0; } the code does... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrUser
2 Replies

7. Hardware

Hardware Correction: How to change DVD write speed

I am now on Kernel 2.6.32-26 For me 16x CD write speed is okay. I have old hardware which was able to write DVDs at 1x, back in previous linux version. Now, I dont get speed of less than 4x. Tested on k3b, xfburn, and brasero. But all start at bottom 4x write speed. k3b forced back to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: makh
0 Replies

8. SCO

How to change raid controller driver ? (hardware change)

Hello I'm trying to virtualize an instance of Sco Unix 5.0.5 in VirtualBox (called VM-A) , but sco I have problems set to launch with the new raid controller . The physical machine has a raid controller adaptec (alad driver) but VirtualBox uses buslogic (blc driver) What ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flako
3 Replies
iobind(1M)																iobind(1M)

NAME
iobind - bind a driver to a device SYNOPSIS
instance] DESCRIPTION
The command may be used to perform online unbinding of a device LUN hardware path from its current driver and binding a new driver to it. As part of the binding operation, the specified driver will be bound to the LUN hardware path and also to its corresponding legacy hardware paths. The hardware path specified as the argument to the option must be of the form 64000/0x/0x. The driver name specified with the option will be bound to the LUN and legacy hardware paths. The optional option specifies an instance number to be assigned to the device associated with the hardware path. If this option is not used, the device will be assigned a new instance number in the new driver's class. The optional forces the binding to occur at the next reboot if it cannot be done online. The device must not be in use while the unbind operation is performed. The driver must support online unbinding and binding. If either of these requirements is false and the option is not given, the user will be asked if the binding can take effect at the next reboot. The user is given the option to proceed or not. If a driver supports online unbinding and binding, then after completes, a device will have one of the following software states as shown by the command: The specified driver was successfully bound to the hardware path. The specified driver cannot be used to claim the hardware at the specified hardware path. The device at the address is responding, but it is in an error state. The device at the specified hardware path is no longer responding. The specified hardware path is locked. Try again later. The driver failed. Options recognizes the following options: Force the binding even though a driver does not support online unbinding and binding or the device is in use. In this case, the binding will take effect at the next reboot. The LUN hardware path of a device must be of the form 64000/0x/0x. The instance number to be assigned to the device. The name of the driver that the LUN and legacy hardware paths are to be bound to. RETURN VALUE
Exit values are: Successful completion. An error condition occurred. EXAMPLES
Unbind the driver bound to the device at hardware path and bind the device to Use the default instance number of the driver's class. Unbind the driver bound to the device at hardware path and bind the device to Assign it the instance number Do a forced binding. If the driver does not support online binding or the device is busy, the binding will be deferred till next reboot. WARNINGS
The and commands should not be run at the same time because both commands attempt to bind drivers. In particular, there may be a short window while will leave a hardware path unbound. If runs during that window, it may bind a different driver to that hardware path. If this happens, must be executed again to bind the desired driver. may be executed only by the superuser. SEE ALSO
ioscan(1M), intro(7). iobind(1M)