Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh script to execute 2 variabless in universe enviroment Post 302918141 by seekryts15 on Monday 22nd of September 2014 05:17:16 AM
Old 09-22-2014
Display ksh script to execute 2 variabless in universe enviroment

Hello, Im trying to write a ksh script that will enter the universe environment as user kourier (switching to this specific user automatically launches to the TCL prompt). At the TCL " > " prompt i want to execute two variables. However, it wont recognize the second variable (user input Answer) due to the space in between the two variables. Please help Smilie

Code:
#!/bin/ksh

printf "Enter Account name: "
read Answer

SWITCHACCOUNT="LOGTO" 

su - kourier $SWITCHACCOUNT $Answer

script output and error:
Code:
Enter Account name: ARENA
Account "" is not set up for uniVerse.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enviroment Differences script(s)

Im looking for any sample scripts that would output a current environment setup to a file and possibly then take 2 files and list any differences This will allow us to quickly see any differences between environments in case of issue? At a high level this would take Unix Kernel Params,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeShmoe
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

execute a ksh script from perl script!

Hi, I have used exec ("/bin/ksh -c /path/file.ksh arg1"); to execute the file.ksh script from a test.pl script. But it doesnt work.. can anyone tell me what exactly the systax should be?... i have tried system("/path/file.ksh arg1"); too....still no luck... quick replies are highly appreciated (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meghana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass enviroment variable from csh to Informix sql script

Hello, I have a csh script that creates an environment variable. I want to pass the environment variable(CURR_TABLE_DATE) to an Informix sql script. Here is the csh: #!/bin/csh -f setenv INFORMIXSERVER market3_tcp setenv CURR_TABLE_DATE 20090714 set DATABASE = gm_cdr set SQL_DIR =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwoj
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time taken to execute a ksh

Hi, I am executing a ksh. I want to note the time taken to execute each command that are executed in the ksh and write it in a log file. Also I want to note the total time taken to execute the ksh. How can I do that?What is the command to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishore_1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute another shell from my ksh script?

I am newbie in UNIX, so please excuse me for the stupid question.:) Here is a problem: I created ksh script where the part of the functionality include an opening of a second session with another shell process "runrep"(runrep is a custom reporting shell designed by Advent Geneva). When I run my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexstar
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows remote to Solaris to execute ksh script

Hi all, I'm not sure if it is correct to post here. I am facing problem wanting to create a batch that run from my Windows XP pc to remote to multiple Solaris server to execute the server's ksh script. :wall: Can anyone give me a hints on how to do that? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH Script to Execute command from specific column in file

Hi Unix Experts,Team I have a file (say comand_file.prm), The file has a command specified in column 6 (say "./execute_script.sh"). I want to execute this command in my script. I am writing a KSH script to achieve this. Could you please assist me with this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevanm
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to execute ksh simple shell script without creating .sh file

please help me to execute a simple shell script like for i in `ls echo $i done . i dont want to create a new sh file to execute it. Can i just type and execute it ? because I always this kind of simple for loops . Please help . Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX m/c from win 7 using ksh

I need to run a shell script on unix machine from windows 7. I used the "RSH" command in win XP successfully for this, But on win 7 it is not working. Can any body tell me how to run RSH on win 7 or any other command for similar use. I use the command as below rsh <unix m/c> -l <username>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arup1980
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Locale::Codes::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::Script(3)