Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lose default gateway
Operating Systems AIX Lose default gateway Post 302916196 by gull04 on Monday 8th of September 2014 06:37:47 AM
Old 09-08-2014
Hi,

Probably when set up it was not set up properly, some unix commands in Aix do not persist like they do in HPUX or Solaris - "ifconfig" being one of these.

Normally when I worked on AIX in the dim and distant past, you had to use the standard AIX commands or SMIT to setup things like interfaces or they were not persistent.

Regards

Dave

Last edited by gull04; 09-08-2014 at 07:38 AM.. Reason: Typo

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add route gateway -> Restart !! Lose it

:confused: Hi: I donīt know how to add route gateway and when restart the machine lose this route and put other. In SCO ver 5.6 Enterprise write: etc\route delete gateway route add gateway 199.199.1.1. so , netstat -rn to see if has change -> all ok Restart -> !!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlvaroD
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How can I change the default gateway?

my actual default gatewas IP is: default 192.168.11.254 and I need to change it to 192.168.11.2, I'm using Solaris 9, how can i do it? and how i can save it in case that the machine restart and have the new default gateway IP saved? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

default gateway in unix?

i'm a real unix newbie, setting up a network, with a router to router vpn connection with a remote site, all the win stuff is talking and pinging and all the stuff it should be doing (yeah and crashing too, lol) but no communication with the unix box, i think the problem is with my default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcg
3 Replies

4. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

5. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot ping default gateway

I have NCR MP-RAS unix. I have been trying for several months to get our network working since we had never used it before. I have setup all routes that I can think of. I know it has something to do with the routing table, because out of sheer luck I was able to get it working, and than like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

can't update the default gateway

Hi, I have server that I change its network configuration from using DHCP to using static IP. I have edited the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 To: BOOTPROTO=STATIC IPADDR=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx NETMASK=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy I did /etc/init.d/network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
amttool(1)						      General Commands Manual							amttool(1)

NAME
amttool - remotely control Intel AMT managed machines. SYNOPSIS
amttool host [ command ] [ arg(s) ] DESCRIPTION
amttool is a perl script which speaks SOAP to Intel AMT managed machines. It can query informations about the machine in question and also send some commands for basic remote control. host is the hostname or IP address of the machine amttool should control. command is an optional command. You must set fill AMT_PASSWORD environment variable with the AMT password. For more inforamtions on Intel AMT check amt-howto(7). COMMANDS
info gather information (default). reset [ special ] reset machine, with optional special command (see section below). powerup [ special ] turn on machine. powerdown turn off machine. powercycle [ special ] powercycle machine. netinfo print network configuration (requires AMT 2.5+). netconf if link [ ip mask gw [ dns1 [ dns2 ]]] configure network interface (requires AMT 2.5+). if is the interface handle, link the link policy. If in doubt just feed in what the netinfo command prints. ip is the IPv4 address, mask the netmask, gw the default gateway, dns1 and dns2 are the DNS Servers. If no IP configuration is specified the tool tries to configure the machine in shared mac address mode with dhcp, otherwise in sepa- rate mac address mode with static IP address. Default for dns1 is the gateway address, for dns2 it is 0.0.0.0. SPECIAL COMMANDS
Special commands can optionally be specified for reset, powerup and powercycle. They change the default boot behavior of the machine. bios Asks for the BIOS boot messages being redirected to serial-over-lan. pxe Network boot via PXE. hd Boot from local disk. hdsafe Boot from local disk (safe mode). cd Boot from CD/DVD. diag Boot in diagnostics mode. ENVIRONMENT
AMT_PASSWORD AMT password. AMT_DEBUG Enable debug output. SEE ALSO
amtterm(1), gamt(1), amt-howto(7) AUTHOR
(c) 2007 Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@redhat.com> (c) 2007,08 Gerd Hoffmann amttool(1)