Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lose default gateway
Operating Systems AIX Lose default gateway Post 302916118 by ariec on Sunday 7th of September 2014 06:54:41 AM
Old 09-07-2014
Lost default gateway

hello

iv 2 AIX P720 machine aix 6.1 6100-02-03-0909 both , hacmp ver 6.1.0.0
both machine connect to the same switch. after networking fault , one of the machines lost his default gateway !!!

what can be the reason ?

thx

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add route gateway -> Restart !! Lose it

:confused: Hi: I donīt know how to add route gateway and when restart the machine lose this route and put other. In SCO ver 5.6 Enterprise write: etc\route delete gateway route add gateway 199.199.1.1. so , netstat -rn to see if has change -> all ok Restart -> !!!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlvaroD
2 Replies

2. Solaris

How can I change the default gateway?

my actual default gatewas IP is: default 192.168.11.254 and I need to change it to 192.168.11.2, I'm using Solaris 9, how can i do it? and how i can save it in case that the machine restart and have the new default gateway IP saved? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

default gateway in unix?

i'm a real unix newbie, setting up a network, with a router to router vpn connection with a remote site, all the win stuff is talking and pinging and all the stuff it should be doing (yeah and crashing too, lol) but no communication with the unix box, i think the problem is with my default... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcg
3 Replies

4. AIX

Help with Default Gateway

Hi, I have two interfaces on m AIX 5.3 box. One going to 192.168.1.x and it has a gateway of 192.168.1.1. I configured the other gateway with 192.168.2.x and the default gateway as 192.168.2.1. But I can't get connectivity to the 192.168.2.1 network. Can someone help me out and let me know... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
7 Replies

5. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot ping default gateway

I have NCR MP-RAS unix. I have been trying for several months to get our network working since we had never used it before. I have setup all routes that I can think of. I know it has something to do with the routing table, because out of sheer luck I was able to get it working, and than like a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rutgerncas
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

can't update the default gateway

Hi, I have server that I change its network configuration from using DHCP to using static IP. I have edited the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 To: BOOTPROTO=STATIC IPADDR=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx NETMASK=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy I did /etc/init.d/network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

Default Gateway

I am am using IPv6 IP's with an OS of Debian. Is it possible to set a *static* default gateway w/o the router being connected? Will that gateway change when the router is connected? TIA (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meow613
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
MACHINECTL(1)							    machinectl							     MACHINECTL(1)

NAME
machinectl - Control the systemd machine manager SYNOPSIS
machinectl [OPTIONS...] {COMMAND} [NAME...] DESCRIPTION
machinectl may be used to introspect and control the state of the systemd(1) virtual machine and container registration manager systemd- machined.service(8). OPTIONS
The following options are understood: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exits. --version Prints a short version string and exits. -p, --property= When showing machine properties, limit the output to certain properties as specified by the argument. If not specified, all set properties are shown. The argument should be a property name, such as "Name". If specified more than once, all properties with the specified names are shown. -a, --all When showing machine properties, show all properties regardless of whether they are set or not. -l, --full Do not ellipsize process tree entries. --no-pager Do not pipe output into a pager. --no-ask-password Do not query the user for authentication for privileged operations. --kill-who= When used with kill-machine, choose which processes to kill. Must be one of leader, or all to select whether to kill only the leader process of the machine or all processes of the machine. If omitted, defaults to all. -s, --signal= When used with kill-machine, choose which signal to send to selected processes. Must be one of the well-known signal specifiers, such as SIGTERM, SIGINT or SIGSTOP. If omitted, defaults to SIGTERM. -H, --host Execute operation remotely. Specify a hostname, or username and hostname separated by "@", to connect to. This will use SSH to talk to the remote machine manager instance. -P, --privileged Acquire privileges via PolicyKit before executing the operation. The following commands are understood: list List currently running virtual machines and containers. status [ID...] Show terse runtime status information about one or more virtual machines and containers. This function is intended to generate human-readable output. If you are looking for computer-parsable output, use show instead. show [ID...] Show properties of one or more registered virtual machines or containers or the manager itself. If no argument is specified, properties of the manager will be shown. If an ID is specified, properties of this virtual machine or container are shown. By default, empty properties are suppressed. Use --all to show those too. To select specific properties to show, use --property=. This command is intended to be used whenever computer-parsable output is required. Use status if you are looking for formatted human-readable output. terminate [ID...] Terminates a virtual machine or container. This kills all processes of the virtual machine or container and deallocates all resources attached to that instance. kill [ID...] Send a signal to one or more processes of the virtual machine or container. This means processes as seen by the host, not the processes inside the virtual machine or container. Use --kill-who= to select which process to kill. Use --signal= to select the signal to send. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. ENVIRONMENT
$SYSTEMD_PAGER Pager to use when --no-pager is not given; overrides $PAGER. Setting this to an empty string or the value "cat" is equivalent to passing --no-pager. SEE ALSO
systemd-machined.service(8), systemd-logind.service(8), systemd.special(7). systemd 208 MACHINECTL(1)