Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cat and variables
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cat and variables Post 302915751 by shamrock on Thursday 4th of September 2014 01:32:14 PM
Old 09-04-2014
What platform/OS are you on...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat setting variables

hi All I have a file that has 4 lines: 1. yesterday's date (mm/dd/yyyy) 2. yesterday's day- dd 3. yesterday's month- mm 4. yesterday's year- yyyy I want to read this file and place them in variables. how can I do this. Please help. thanks in advance!! KS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch !!!

Hi Can anybody tell the difference between Difference between cat , cat > , cat >> and touch command in UNIX? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
6 Replies

3. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i in `cat myname.txt` && for y in `cat yourname.txt`

cat myname.txt John Doe I John Doe II John Doe III ----------------------------------------------------------------------- for i in `cat myname.txt` do echo This is my name: $i >> thi.is.my.name.txt done ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danimad
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat in the command line doesn't match cat in the script

Hello, So I sorted my file as I was supposed to: sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 file1 | uniq > file2 and when I wrote > cat file2 in the command line, I got what I was expecting, but in the script itself ... sort -n -r -k 2 -k 1 averages | uniq > temp cat file2 It wrote a whole... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: shira
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display variables in CAT area

Hi All, I've got a script to output YAML data, and I want to display data that's held inside variables inside one large CAT area. What's the easiest way to do this? cat << "END" --- classes: - general_image - $intro #Variable 1 - $mid #Variable 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: glarizza
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass variables into anothother variables?

Below are three variables, which I want to pass into variable RESULT1 username1=userid poihostname1=dellsys.com port1=8080 How can I pass these variables into below code... RESULT1=$((ssh -n username1@poihostname1 time /usr/sfw/bin/wget --user=sam --password=123 -O /dev/null -q... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
4 Replies
ttk_vsapi(3tk)							 Tk Themed Widget						    ttk_vsapi(3tk)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_vsapi - Define a Microsoft Visual Styles element SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name vsapi className partId ?stateMap? ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The vsapi element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is drawn using the Microsoft Visual Styles API which is reponsible for the themed styles on Windows XP and Vista. This factory permits any of the Visual Styles parts to be declared as ttk elements that can then be included in a style layout to modify the appearance of ttk widgets. className and partId are required parameters and specify the Visual Styles class and part as given in the Microsoft documentation. The stateMap may be provided to map ttk states to Visual Styles API states (see STATE MAP). OPTIONS
Valid options are: -padding padding Specify the element's interior padding. padding is a list of up to four integers specifying the left, top, right and bottom padding quantities respectively. This option may not be mixed with any other options. -margins padding Specifies the elements exterior padding. padding is a list of up to four integers specifying the left, top, right and bottom pad- ding quantities respectively. This option may not be mixed with any other options. -width width Specifies the height for the element. If this option is set then the Visual Styles API will not be queried for the recommended size or the part. If this option is set then -height should also be set. The -width and -height options cannot be mixed with the -padding or -margins options. -height height Specifies the height of the element. See the comments for -width. STATE MAP
The stateMap parameter is a list of ttk states and the corresponding Visual Styles API state value. This permits the element appearence to respond to changes in the widget state such as becoming active or being pressed. The list should be as described for the ttk::style map command but note that the last pair in the list should be the default state and is typically and empty list and 1. Unfortunately all the Visual Styles parts have different state values and these must be looked up either in the Microsoft documentation or more likely in the header files. The original header to use was tmschema.h but in more recent versions of the Windows Development Kit this is vssym32.h. If no stateMap parameter is given there is an implicit default map of {{} 1} EXAMPLE
Create a correctly themed close button by changing the layout of a ttk::button(3tk). This uses the WINDOW part WP_SMALLCLOSEBUTTON and as documented the states CBS_DISABLED, CBS_HOT, CBS_NORMAL and CBS_PUSHED are mapped from ttk states. ttk::style element create smallclose vsapi WINDOW 19 {disabled 4 pressed 3 active 2 {} 1} ttk::style layout CloseButton {CloseButton.smallclose -sticky news} pack [ttk::button .close -style CloseButton] Change the appearence of a ttk::checkbutton(3tk) to use the Explorer pin part EBP_HEADERPIN. ttk::style element create pin vsapi EXPLORERBAR 3 { {pressed !selected} 3 {active !selected} 2 {pressed selected} 6 {active selected} 5 {selected} 4 {} 1 } ttk::style layout Explorer.Pin {Explorer.Pin.pin -sticky news} pack [ttk::checkbutton .pin -style Explorer.Pin] SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(3tk), ttk::widget(3tk), ttk::style(3tk), ttk_image(3tk) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, windows Tk 8.5 ttk_vsapi(3tk)