Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merge files and remove duplicated rows Post 302915686 by Bergans on Thursday 4th of September 2014 09:24:45 AM
Old 09-04-2014
Thanks gull04,
This helps me sort the file.
Nevertheless the Header won't be a Header any more, but I hope studing the 'sort' function will enlighten me.

---------- Post updated at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:23 PM ----------

Du anybody know how I might add the date from the file name, as specified in the first post?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated lines without sort

Hi Just wondering whether or not I can remove duplicated lines without sort For example, I use the command who, which shows users who are logging on. In some cases, it shows duplicated lines of users who are logging on more than one terminal. Normally, I would do who | cut -d" " -f1 |... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalelle
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove duplicated columns

hi all, i have a file contain multicolumns, this file is sorted by col2 and col3. i want to remove the duplicated columns if the col2 and col3 are the same in another line. example fileA AA BB CC DD CC XX CC DD BB CC ZZ FF DD FF HH HH the output is AA BB CC DD BB CC ZZ FF... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with remove duplicated content

Input file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4486 hcms-US25 hsa-360-5 hcms-US25 hsa-4 hcms-US25 hsa-458 hcms-US25 hsa-44812 . . Desired Output file: hcmv-US25-2-3p hsa-3160-5 hcmv-US33 hsa-47 hcmv-UL70-3p hsa-4508 hsa-4486... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove rows with first 4 fields duplicated in awk

Hi, I am trying to use awk to remove all rows where the first 4 fields are duplicates. e.g. in the following data lines 6-9 would be removed, leaving one copy of the duplicated row (row 5) Borgarhraun FH9822 ol24 FH9822_ol24_m20 ol Deformed c Borgarhraun FH9822 ol24 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomahawk
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge two files with common IDs but unequal number of rows

Hi, I have two files that I would like to merge and think that there should be a solution using awk. The files look something like this: file 1 IDX1 IDY1 IDX2 IDY2 IDX3 IDY3 file 2 IDY1 dataA data1 IDY2 dataB data2 IDY3 dataC data3 Desired output IDX1 IDY1 dataA data1 IDX2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: katie8856
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge/Remove 2 files

Hi, I would like to get some advice here. Basically I have 2 diff files, I need to add/comment FileA (old) contents as compared with FileB (new). The file has almost 100k lines so it would be great if someone can advise me on the easiest way out. For example FileB has this parameter but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech.dummy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicated lines?

Hi, if i have a file like this: Query=1 a a b c c c d Query=2 b b b c c e . . . (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_simpsons
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge files based on both common and uncommon rows

Hi, I have two files A (2190 rows) and file B (1100 rows). I want to merge the contents of two files based on common field, also I need the unmatched rows from file A file A: ABC XYZ PQR file B: >LMN|chr1:11000-12456: >ABC|chr15:176578-187678: >PQR|chr3:14567-15866: output... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicated first field rows

Hello, I am trying to eliminate rows where the first field is duplicated, leaving the row where the last field is "NET". Data file: 345234|22.34|LST 546543|55.33|LST 793929|98.23|LST 793929|64.69|NET 149593|49.22|LST Desired output: 345234|22.34|LST 546543|55.33|LST... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
2 Replies

10. AIX

Remove duplicated bootlist entries

Hello. I have a server with 2 boot disk but in the bootlist there are 5 paths of one disk but no path of the other. How can I remove paths from one disk to insert paths from the other disk? Thanks in advance. server074:root:/# bootlist -om normal hdisk0 blv=hd5 pathid=0 hdisk0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gabriander
7 Replies
SLABTOP(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        SLABTOP(1)

NAME
slabtop - display kernel slab cache information in real time SYNOPSIS
slabtop [options] DESCRIPTION
slabtop displays detailed kernel slab cache information in real time. It displays a listing of the top caches sorted by one of the listed sort criteria. It also displays a statistics header filled with slab layer information. OPTIONS
Normal invocation of slabtop does not require any options. The behavior, however, can be fine-tuned by specifying one or more of the fol- lowing flags: -d, --delay=N Refresh the display every n in seconds. By default, slabtop refreshes the display every three seconds. To exit the program, hit q. -s, --sort=S Sort by S, where S is one of the sort criteria. -o, --once Display the output once and then exit. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display usage information and exit. SORT CRITERIA
The following are valid sort criteria used to sort the individual slab caches and thereby determine what are the "top" slab caches to dis- play. The default sort criteria is to sort by the number of objects ("o"). The sort criteria can also be changed while slabtop is running by pressing the associated character. character description header a number of active objects ACTIVE b objects per slab OBJ/SLAB c cache size CACHE SIZE l number of slabs SLABS v number of active slabs N/A n name NAME o number of objects OBJS p pages per slab N/A s object size OBJ SIZE u cache utilization USE COMMANDS
slabtop accepts keyboard commands from the user during use. The following are supported. In the case of letters, both cases are accepted. Each of the valid sort characters are also accepted, to change the sort routine. See the section SORT CRITERIA. <SPACEBAR> Refresh the screen. Q Quit the program. FILES
/proc/slabinfo slab information SEE ALSO
free(1), ps(1), top(1), vmstat(8) NOTES
Currently, slabtop requires a 2.4 or later kernel (specifically, a version 1.1 or later /proc/slabinfo). Kernel 2.2 should be supported in the future. The slabtop statistic header is tracking how many bytes of slabs are being used and is not a measure of physical memory. The 'Slab' field in the /proc/meminfo file is tracking information about used slab physical memory. AUTHORS
Written by Chris Rivera and Robert Love. slabtop was inspired by Martin Bligh's perl script, vmtop. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to <procps@freelists.org> procps-ng June 2011 SLABTOP(1)