Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Dpkg Syntax Issue . . .
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Dpkg Syntax Issue . . . Post 302915035 by LinQ on Saturday 30th of August 2014 07:45:15 PM
Old 08-30-2014
Hello RudiC!

Quote:
Stop when problems encountered.
I did. That's why I came over here for a bit of help Smilie

Any ideas as to why this seems to not tick over as it looks like it should?

Thanks --

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Calculate scores and probability -- Syntax issue

Hi, I am totally new to C programming on Sun Solaris environment. I am an active member on the UNIX forum and a good shell programmer. I am trying to achieve some calculations in C programming. I have the pseudo code written down but don't know the syntax. I am reading a couple of books on C... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue in ksh file

Hi all, I am struck with syntax for long time, Need to purge some lines from given file Not able to use value of $x Example of ksh script... Facing some syntax issue. Have Tried ‘with single , double ,backtick “” ` and \ escape character , doesn't seem to work. <line 1> echo $x #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manav666
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help understanding syntax error Issue

Hi i as you may already know i am creating a menu driven program. I have chosen to take the approach of implementing each interface individually, after adding another interface and attempting to run the program i am faced with the following error: ./Assigntest: line 32: syntax error near... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: warlock129
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with a possiable syntax issue in my script

Hello I have tried to my best ability to work around this script tht will reference my m-names.txt which contains the format of: 168.16.0.0/16 169.56.0.0/16 132.2.0.0/16 122.5.0.0/16 Then I call a cli named getzoneprof that will set the $subnet from each of the lines in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

expr/bc syntax issue

Hi, I am facing issues in my shell script while trying to add two variables. Look at the snippet below for details: # Initially variable SAMPLE1 and SAMPLE2 are set from different sources. Have trucated decimal to avoid numeric errors in expr SAMPLE1=`/usr/bin/top -n 1 | head -3 | tail -1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: animesh303
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax error, not understanding the issue?

Close please. Refer to following thread: Sub Menu issues (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banned
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax issue mysql in bash script

I'm running mysql in a bash script mysql <<EOF query EOF one query is like this: UPDATE $dbname.$prefix"config" SET value = $var WHERE "$prefix"config.name = 'table colname'; with variable but it's giving an error i'm not sure what to put for "$prefix"config.name the table... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Syntax issue in curl for getting a file from http site

Hi All I am using curl in my client environment. We need to pull a file from the libraries site. All the files are having perticular URL which can be used to get the files. Only issue is, when we fire that command , it will take to authentication page 1st. once authentication is succed, it will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prabirkumardhar
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Issue

Hello all. Need a bit of help... I have : previous_tmp0=`cat tmp0.txt` previous_tmp1=`cat tmp1.txt` previous_tmp2=`cat tmp2.txt` previous_tmp3=`cat tmp3.txt` previous_tmp4=`cat tmp4.txt` previous_tmp5=`cat tmp5.txt` previous_tmp6=`cat tmp6.txt` previous_tmp7=`cat tmp7.txt` Now I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCSH IF syntax issue

Hi All, I'm trying to write a simple if statement in TCSH and I honestly can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've played around with all sorts of permutations of syntax. if ($DESKTOP_SESSION == "kde") then replace "forceFontDPI=0" "forceFontDPI=96" --... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: VerticalMule
0 Replies
Dpkg::Vendor(3) 						   libdpkg-perl 						   Dpkg::Vendor(3)

NAME
Dpkg::Vendor - get access to some vendor specific information DESCRIPTION
The files in /etc/dpkg/origins/ can provide information about various vendors who are providing Debian packages. Currently those files look like this: Vendor: Debian Vendor-URL: http://www.debian.org/ Bugs: debbugs://bugs.debian.org The file should be named according to the vendor name. FUNCTIONS
$fields = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_info($name) Returns a Dpkg::Control object with the information parsed from the corresponding vendor file in /etc/dpkg/origins/. If $name is omitted, it will use /etc/dpkg/origins/default which is supposed to be a symlink to the vendor of the currently installed operating system. Returns undef if there's no file for the given vendor. $name = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_file($name) Check if there's a file for the given vendor and returns its name. $name = Dpkg::Vendor::get_current_vendor() Returns the name of the current vendor. If DEB_VENDOR is set, it uses that first, otherwise it falls back to parsing /etc/dpkg/origins/default. If that file doesn't exist, it returns undef. $object = Dpkg::Vendor::get_vendor_object($name) Return the Dpkg::Vendor::* object of the corresponding vendor. If $name is omitted, return the object of the current vendor. If no vendor can be identified, then return the Dpkg::Vendor::Default object. Dpkg::Vendor::run_vendor_hook($hookid, @params) Run a hook implemented by the current vendor object. 1.16.0.3 2012-04-17 Dpkg::Vendor(3)