Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to dynamically fetch lines after a match? Post 302913216 by Don Cragun on Thursday 14th of August 2014 01:56:42 PM
Old 08-14-2014
I'm completely lost here. The date command you used in your awk script:
Code:
date +%h" "%d" "%h

will give you something like:
Code:
Aug 14 Aug

which doesn't look anything at all like the:
Code:
Wed Aug 13 16:

you said you wanted to match. And, you never specified what that string represents in relation to the current time. If you're trying to print every line in your log file starting with the 1st line that matches the current hour of the current day, that would be something like:
Code:
awk -v ts="$(date +'^%a %h %d %H:')" '$0 ~ ts{p=1}p' /iscp/user/monitor/ORA_errors

or (since there are no slash characters in the date format you're trying to match which bakunin warned you about):
Code:
sed "/$(date +'^%a %h %d %H:')/,\$p" /iscp/user/monitor/ORA_errors

Note that if the day in the timestamps in your log file has a leading space instead of a leading 0 for the 1st nine days of a month, you'll need to change the %d in the date command format string to %e.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-14-2014 at 02:58 PM.. Reason: fix doubled single quote

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the rows with match string on a fixed lenth text file - NO delimiters

Hi I am trying to fetch the rows with match string "0000001234" Input file looks like below: 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1 09 0 XXX 0000001234 Z 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nareshk
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep and fetch subsequent lines also

Hi, I need to grep a pattern and fetch subsequent lines till end of the data-set. E.g., i have a file like: AA 1111 23 34 BB 45 56 78 CC 22 44 AA 2222 78 34 56 BB 22 56 67 68 23 CC 56 78 DD 33 55 77 AA 3333 46 BB 58 79 In above file i have 3-data sets where each set starts with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

fetch last line no form file which is match with specific pattern by grep command

Hi i have a file which have a pattern like this Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 9 08:14:27 EST5EDT 2010 on tty . Nov 10 Oct 19 02:14:21 EST5EDT 2010 on pts/tk . Nov 10 afrtetryytr Nov 10 session closed Nov 10 Nov 10 03:21:04 EST5EDT 2010 Dec 8 Nov 10 05:03:02 EST5EDT 2010 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
13 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

match sentence and word adn fetch similar words in alist

Hi all, I have ot match sentence list and word list anf fetch similar words in a separate file second file with 2 columns So I want the output shuld be 2 columns like this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manigrover
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match the word or words and fetch the entries

Hi all, I have 7 words Now I have 1 file which contain data in large number of rows and columns and 6th column contain any of these words or may be more than one words among above 7 words: I want script should search for the above mentioned 7 words in the 6th column ... (9 Replies)
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match words and fetch data in front of it in second column

Hi all, I have 2 files one file contain data like this in one column AST3 GSTY4 JST3 second file containign data like this in 2 columns AST3(PAXXX),GSTY4(PAXXY) it is used in diabetes KST4 it is used in blood... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns and fetch whatever in front of it

Hi Solved these kind of issues using these codes But these are not wrking for my attached files can anybody check........ awk 'NR==FNR{X++;next}{if(X){print}}' file1 file2 awk 'NR==FNR{X=$0;next}{n=split($1,P," ");sub($1,"",$0);for(i=1;i<=n;i++){if(X]){print P,$0}}}' file1 FS="\t" file2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match first column entries precisely and fetch whatever in front of it

Hi all I have 2 files: first file AABC TTYP JKBH CVBN NHJK KJHM Second file is AABC,XCYU,JUHD Alllele1 GACXT It is approved study TTYP,JKBH Allele2 PPRD It is clinical trial study JKBH Allele2 PPRD ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priyanka Chopra
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the lines which contains special characters

Hi All, My source file contains special characters(Latin characters).I need to fetch only the lines which contains the special characters. The problem is i don't know which all latin/special characters can come in the source. Is there anyway to extract the lines which contain letters other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joe!!
3 Replies
FETCH(9)						   BSD Kernel Developer's Manual						  FETCH(9)

NAME
fetch, fubyte, fuibyte, fusword, fuswintr, fuword, fuiword -- fetch data from user-space SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/systm.h> int fubyte(const void *base); int fusword(const void *base); int fuswintr(const void *base); long fuword(const void *base); DESCRIPTION
The fetch functions are designed to copy small amounts of data from user-space. The fetch routines provide the following functionality: fubyte() Fetches a byte of data from the user-space address base. fusword() Fetches a short word of data from the user-space address base. fuswintr() Fetches a short word of data from the user-space address base. This function is safe to call during an interrupt context. fuword() Fetches a word of data from the user-space address base. RETURN VALUES
The fetch functions return the data fetched or -1 on failure. Note that these functions all do "unsigned" access, and therefore will never sign extend byte or short values. This prevents ambiguity with the error return value for all functions except fuword(). SEE ALSO
copy(9), store(9) BUGS
The function fuword() has no way to unambiguously signal an error, because the data it reads might legitimately be the same as the -1 used to indicate an error. The other functions do not have this problem because the unsigned values returned by those can never match the -1 error return value. BSD
January 7, 1996 BSD