Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Network Connectivity Issues
Operating Systems HP-UX Network Connectivity Issues Post 302912635 by rbatte1 on Monday 11th of August 2014 06:10:38 AM
Old 08-11-2014
With a "UNIX terminal" do you mean a real, physical serial console or a telnet/ssh emulator on a desktop? I'm not clear. It might be that you have a console server that you can telnet to that connects you to the serial console.

You might need to tell us what you are using. Be very specific too, although we won't need the unique serial numbers.

Do you mean that you changed the server IP address? As you can see, I'm rather confused. Smilie

Thanks, in advance,
Robin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ip network connectivity with novell

Hi, I would like to know how i can setup my unix computer to connect to novell. Anybody any idea? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edw1ns
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Network Connectivity lost after reboot

I have 4 V440 servers running Solaris 9. I have their interfaces configured (ce0) and have connectivity to our network. However, after reboot,...the connectivity is lost although the interface shows that its still up after an ifconfig -a. Only after I reconfigure the interface do I restore... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: StorageGuy
19 Replies

3. Solaris

pcn0 intermittent network connectivity issue

I have a solaris 10 x86 installed on a VMware server. It has been runing well for a couple weeks, but started to have network connectivity issue since last week. The network card seems to be up and down every one minute. So I got connection closed after I sshed to it for about one minute. #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredao
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network connectivity issue between vista and fedora

Hi guys, I had two computer which is one with vista and other one with fedora and they are connected via one router. from vista to fedora is fine.. I can ping or connect via putty using Ip address but I couldn't connect putty using hostname/domain. If I typed in fedora the hostname,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peac3
0 Replies

5. Linux

Intermittent connectivity issues with ROCKS on a compute cluster

I have a cluster set up with a head node and compute nodes running TORQUE and MOAB. The distro is ROCKS 5.3. I've been having problems with the connectivity for the past couple weeks now. Every couple hours it seems like the network connectivity will just stop working: sometimes it'll start back up... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandalf85
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xend kills network connectivity on boot

red hat 5 update 4 64bit. linux newby. on an interactive boot i can ping -t my vm linux server from my physical MS XP workstation and a vm W2000 64 bit server until xend is started, after that i get destination unreachable. if i choose not to start xend on the interactive boot i retain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slartibartfast9
1 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Pureflex network connectivity issue

Hello Everyone We have purchased IBM Pureflex chassis with 5 P460 blades. We have configured each blade with dual vios and 4 vio clients. VIOS installation and vio client installation and configuration was completed successfully. When we tried to connect the network cables from Pureflex... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvarakasil
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. What I did was to download vmware onto my laptop, them install a linux distro as a guest O.S., on VM network configuration I have used "bridge", them I used Virtual Network Editor to chose the network interface, but as I write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network connectivity Pre checks

Hello All, We are running multiple codes in prod all having different sources of databases in other servers. Many times due to network issue connectivity and DB issue the jobs got failed and to recover them become very brainstorming . I planning to create one script that can pre check if all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
0 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 - remote connectivity issues

Hi, I am facing a weird issue here. we have a Solaris 10 server running 15 non-global zones. The issue is all the systems suddenly stopped connectivity from outside/remotely.. Ping is also not working. After some troubleshooting, what I observed is when all the non-global zones are halted,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
4 Replies
sh(1)							      General Commands Manual							     sh(1)

NAME
sh - Shell, the standard command language interpreter DESCRIPTION
[Tru64 UNIX] Tru64 UNIX provides two command interpreters with the name sh. The XCU5.0 and POSIX.2 compliant command interpreter sh is available in the file /usr/bin/posix/sh and is described in the sh(1p) reference page. The Bourne shell, historically known as sh, is available in the file /usr/bin/sh and is described in the sh(1b) reference page. [Tru64 UNIX] Your initial, or login, shell is determined by your entry in the file /etc/passwd. This file can be changed only by your sys- tem administrator. You must use whatever procedures are in place at your location to have this entry changed. [Tru64 UNIX] If available on your system, you may use the passwd -s or the chsh commands to change your login shell. Note This option is not available if your site manages passwords through the Network Information Service (NIS) facility. Check with your system administrator. [Tru64 UNIX] Subsequent shells spawned from the initial shell depend on the value in the environment variable BIN_SH. If this variable is set to xpg4, the POSIX shell is started. If this variable is set to svr4, an SVR4 compliant version of the shell is started. If this vari- able is unset, the Bourne shell is started. If this variable is set to any other value, an error is reported and the results are unpre- dictable. See the EXAMPLES section for information on setting this variable. NOTES
[Tru64 UNIX] With Tru64 UNIX Version 4.0 the Korn shell, /usr/bin/ksh is the same as the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh. RESTRICTIONS
[Tru64 UNIX] The file /etc/shells must include entries for both the POSIX shell /usr/bin/posix/sh and the Bourne shell, /usr/bin/sh. If this file is incorrect, see your system administrator. EXAMPLES
Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/ XCU5.0compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=xpg4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: BIN_SH=svr4 export BIN_SH Using the Bourne, Korn, or POSIX shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unset BIN_SH Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the POSIX/XCU5.0 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH xpg4 Using the C/ shell, to set the variable BIN_SH to use the SVR4 compliant shell, enter: setenv BIN_SH svr4 Using the C/ shell, to unset the variable BIN_SH, enter: unsetenv BIN_SH FILES
User profile. Contains user information, including the login shell name. Contains the names of available and permitted shells. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p), passwd(1) Files: passwd(4), shells(4) Standards: standards(5) sh(1)