Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX Account getting Locked Everyday between same Time Frame Post 302912604 by pchegoor on Sunday 10th of August 2014 03:24:56 PM
Old 08-10-2014
Thak you all for the responses above .I checked the file
Code:
/var/adm/authlog

on the server i am experiencing the LOCK issue .The server is xaayaas6.

Aug 9 07:45:00 xaayaas6 auth|security:info sshd[2928858]: Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/test
Aug 9 07:45:00 xaayaas6 auth|security:info sshd[2719876]: Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/test
Aug 9 07:45:00 xaayaas6 auth|security:info sshd[2719876]: Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/test
Aug 9 07:45:00 xaayaas6 auth|security:info sshd[2928858]: Authentication refused: bad ownership or modes for file /home/test
Aug 9 07:45:00 xaayaas6 auth|security:info sshd[2928858]: Failed password for test from 176.67.780.234 port 33584 ssh2
Aug 9 07:45:00 xaayaas6 auth|security:info sshd[2719876]: Failed password for test from 176.67.780.234 port 33585 ssh2
Aug 9 07:45:00 xaayaas6 auth|security:info syslog: ssh: failed login attempt for test from 176.67.780.234

In the above Messages , test is the User Account which is getting LOCKED daily on the server xaayaas6. So what does the above messages mean? Any job trying to access the xaayaas6 from Server associated with IP : 176.67.780.234 (this is a valid server that i am aware of) ? How do i find this Job on the server asscoiated with IP : 176.67.780.234 ?

Last edited by pchegoor; 08-10-2014 at 05:28 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Enable locked root account

Hi Every one I disable the root account entering wrong password for many time How can I enable the root account I am using Tru64 Unix V4.0G Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syed_45
2 Replies

2. AIX

root account has been locked

I'am set the root account locked ON, using smitty, so I can't login or su with root user in my AIX system, some one can help me to unlock root account login ???, sample : :~>su root's Password: 3004-301 Your account has been locked; please see the system administrator. 3004-501 Cannot su to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Maker
1 Replies

3. Linux

Locked out of Mandrake 9.1 user account

Hi all, I've been using linux/unix now only for a couple of months and was doing ok until about 30 minutes ago... I needed to reboot into my windows 2000 partition, so, in a terminal I typed: shutdown -r now which duly rebooted the PC for me. On getting to the OS selection screen I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alarmcall
5 Replies

4. HP-UX

Re-enabling a locked root account on Trusted HP-UX

I knew I had had seen this somewhere:Q: How can I re-enable my root account when I typed in my password wrong 3 times and the account got disabled? A: When your HP-UX system is in the more secure "trusted system" mode, your account is automatically disabled after you have entered your password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

5. AIX

account is always locked out

we have a user name "Test1" that account is alwyas locked out. The user has been used to many servers to ftp a file from the main server. i already increase the MaxStartups to 99. And still after how many days account will locked. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Banner for Locked Account

Hi, I have enable Account lock for failed login attempts. I have configured 1) /etc/security/policy.conf 2)/etc/default/login To lock an account if it make multiple incorrect attempts to login to Solaris 10 server. I can see the account gets locked in /etc/shadow. I would like to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: menonk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a script everyday between 7 and 8 pm with the time interval of 5 minutes?

Hi, Can someone help me in running a cronjob everyday between 7 and 8 pm with the time interval of 5 minutes in between to repeat that script. The script is so small and I need that to run daily between this time. Please if possible provide me the syntax for this logic. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cya
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i list all locked account in linux?

Hi How do i list all locked account in my linux distributiion I have tried passwd -S -a but it seems to not working . My distribution details. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: :core-3.1-ia32:core-3.1-noarch:graphics-3.1-ia32:graphics-3.1-noarch Distributor ID: OracleVMserver... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Account is locked or login administratively denied

Hi, When I am trying to do ssh to a server it shows below error. Key setup is all good and it used to work well few days back. Now suddenly I am getting this error. ssh -i <private_key> <id>@<hostname> Received disconnect from <hostname> Account is locked or login administratively... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahish20
1 Replies

10. Solaris

User account get locked due to strange behaviours

I am facing strange problem where after three failed login attempt user password must be locked. Actually what is happening, when I take the putty session of the server & enter user name on the prompt at the login prompt & then press enter to enter the password at this time when I checked the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
10 Replies
SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)						File Formats Manual						 SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)

NAME
system-auth-ac, password-auth-ac, smartcard-auth-ac, fingerprint-auth-ac, postlogin-ac - Common configuration files for PAMified services written by authconfig(8) SYNOPSIS
/etc/pam.d/system-auth-ac DESCRIPTION
The purpose of this configuration file is to provide common configuration file for all applications and service daemons calling PAM library. The system-auth configuration file is included from all individual service configuration files with the help of the include directive. When authconfig(8) writes the system PAM configuration file it replaces the default system-auth file with a symlink pointing to system-auth-ac and writes the configuration to this file. The symlink is not changed on subsequent configuration changes even if it points elsewhere. This allows system administrators to override the configuration written by authconfig. The authconfig now writes the authentication modules also into additional PAM configuration files /etc/pam.d/password-auth-ac, /etc/pam.d/smartcard-auth-ac, and /etc/pam.d/fingerprint-auth-ac. These configuration files contain only modules which perform authentica- tion with the respective kinds of authentication tokens. For example /etc/pam.d/smartcard-auth[-ac] will not contain pam_unix and pam_ldap modules and /etc/pam.d/password-auth[-ac] will not contain pam_pkcs11 and pam_fprintd modules. The file /etc/pam.d/postlogin-ac contains common services to be invoked after login. An example can be a module that encrypts an user's filesystem or user's keyring and is decrypted by his password. The PAM configuration files of services which are accessed by remote connections such as sshd or ftpd now include the /etc/pam.d/password- auth configuration file instead of /etc/pam.d/system-auth. EXAMPLE
Configure system to use pam_tally2 for configuration of maximum number of failed logins. Also call pam_access to verify if access is allowed. Make system-auth symlink point to system-auth-local which contains: auth requisite pam_access.so auth requisite pam_tally2.so deny=3 lock_time=30 unlock_time=3600 auth include system-auth-ac account required pam_tally2.so account include system-auth-ac password include system-auth-ac session include system-auth-ac BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
authconfig(8), authconfig-gtk(8), pam(8), system-auth(5) Red Hat, Inc. 2010 March 31 SYSTEM-AUTH-AC(5)