Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers New to Forum & Sun Surefire V210 Access Post 302911163 by screenprintr on Wednesday 30th of July 2014 12:09:55 PM
Old 07-30-2014
Thanks Hicksd8. According to that thread, she used another pc and/or cable to access the v240.

Since the v210 is new to me, and the USB/9pin are brand new, I'm not sure they work. The driver says it's installed, and it has no errors, but I get nothing except a C: Prompt.

I read somewhere that you type in, #. I haven't been home since I read that. I'll have to check when I get home.

If not, when you power on everything, the V210 should send something to the Terminal Emulator correct? What should I see on the Terminal Emulator? Should I get a SC> prompt or a login in prompt?

Had an old breakout box in my trunk. I threw it away about two weeks ago. Ugh!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

root access on sun os and permissions

Currently have root access to our own boxes on site. HQ wants to take root access away from us. What does root access provide that is unavailable for users as it is essential for us to keep local control. We log in as users but have su for special needs. On all other os boxes we have admin... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: allinone
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New! (In Unix & In the Forum)

Hi my name Louas and I´m from Argentina (so you must forgive me English!). I'm studing Unix and I want to know where and how can I conect to practice. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Louas. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Louas
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Similar Forum for MS Access?

I know this has nothing to do with Unix but find this forum very useful. Was just wondering if anyone knows of any MS Access forums? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vcardo10
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Fire v210 display card

hi all, how can install a display card on a sun fire v210. regards. marcel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcelious
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help: Sun Disk partitioning for Sun V240 & StorEdge 3300

Dear Sun gurus, I have Sun Fire V240 server with its StorEdge 3300 disk-array. Following are its disks appeared in format command. I have prepared its partitions thru format and metainit & metattach (may be i have made wrong steps, causing the errors below because I have done thru some document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafeeq
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Booting error in Sun V210

Sun Fire V210, No Keyboard Copyright 1998-2003 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved. OpenBoot 4.13.2, 4096 MB memory installed, Serial #61203679. Ethernet address 0:3:ba:a5:e4:df, Host ID: 83a5e4df. Boot device: net File and args: 100 Mbps FDX Link up Timeout waiting for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mrudhul
5 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Are we having sat-sun holiday for unix forum?

Are we having sat-sun holiday for unix forum? I am just thinking there are no new things to explore on sat-sun. It looks like holiday for this site also....:D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pamu
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Connect using ALOM to Sun Fire V210

I have bought from eBay a second hand Sun Fire V210 server and I'm really stumped at the lack of complete instructions on how to connect to it. I don't have a Windows machine, I've only got Ubuntu and OS X computers. None of them have an old RS-232 port on them either. In saying that, I have... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: danijeljames
12 Replies

9. Solaris

Sun Fire V210 CPU Fan Temp too high?

Hey, I have a V210 with a failed CPU fan. The temperature is currently at 84C and I've been asked to wait a few weeks before replacing as its a production system and it cant be shut down yet. Is it too hot? Do I risk killing the CPU at this temp? Its been like this for a few weeks now... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: magarvo
5 Replies

10. Solaris

Any hope for this bootlooping Sun V210?

Hi, First post here! I have a Sun V210 that I use occasionally for build testing things big-endian. I switched it on the other day, at it aint comin' up. I was wondering if anyone on this fine forum knows if it can be brought back from the dead. With the SCC card in, and conencted to... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: vext01
22 Replies
ECACCESS-JOB-GET(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      ECACCESS-JOB-GET(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-job-get - Download a Job Output/Input/Error File SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-job-get -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-job-get [-debug] [-input|-error] [-encrypt] [-binary] [-bufsize length] job-id local-target-file DESCRIPTION
Allow downloading the Job Output/Input/Error Files with identifier job-id. The file is downloaded localy in the local-target-file. ARGUMENTS
job-id The identifier of the ECaccess Job to retrieve. local-target-file The name of the Local Target File. OPTIONS
-input By default the Job Output File is downloaded. Using this option allow downloading the Job Input File instead. -error By default the Job Output File is downloaded. Using this option allow downloading the Job Error File instead. -encrypt By default files are downloaded through the plain text channel (http). Using this option will force the download to occurs through the SSL secure channel (https). -binary By default files are downloaded as text files. This option will download files as binary files (decode_base64 required). Please note that text files can also be downloaded in binary mode but text mode is faster. You should use this option if your job output is containing non-text characters. -bufsize length Specify the length of the buffer (in bytes) which is used to download the file. The larger the buffer the smaller the number of http/s requests. By default a buffer of 524288 bytes(512KB) is used. -version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-job-get 124356 ./ecaccess-job-124356.output Download the output of the ECaccess Job 124356 in the local ecaccess-job-124356.output file. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-job-delete, ecaccess-job-list, ecaccess-job-restart, ecaccess-job-submit and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-JOB-GET(1p)