Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding Pager notification to mailx command. Post 302909907 by rbatte1 on Monday 21st of July 2014 10:02:04 AM
Old 07-21-2014
Please do not double post the same question. You have it here too:-
Sending message to a mobile number through UNIX

Last edited by rbatte1; 07-21-2014 at 11:09 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pager message from UNIX

Hi, we have written an auto emailer script for some autosys jobs getting delayed using C-Shell. We would also like to enhance this by sending out a page to the support personnel. Is there any way in C-Shell or autosys wherein we have the facility to send these pager messages ? Please help !! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pavankri
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process pager - by cell phone or just e-mail notify

hi all.. i need any help. i want to create in my crontab a simple script for verify any process and notify for the status in my e-mail or cell phone. anybody help me? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: squash
9 Replies

3. AIX

mail, aliases, pager

Hi, I have two aliases for two types of alert. /etc/aliases italert1: user1@company.com italertb: 123456@paging.isp.com The first alias containts only an email to go through the company exchange/mail server. Works fine. The second alias contains only a pager which also works fine.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx: How to send a attachment using mailx command

Hi All, Can anyone please provide the command for sending an mail with attachment using mailx command. Thanks in Advance :) Regards, Siram. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriram.Vedula53
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding date to the subject using mailx

Hi , I want to add date to the subject of the email. I am using mail and used -s "SQL Loader was not able to load enid on `date` due to data error" But it didnt work. can any one help me ?? Thanks Sithara (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sithara
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pager Alert

I want to check the log file continoulsy and to send a page alert if i see specific message like Reached Max Connrctions . Please suggest how to do this through script DO i need to enable the cronjob to run the script evey 5 min or what is the best way (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskalyani9
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Message success/faliure delivery notification - mailx

Guys, Is it possible to get a delivery status message like success/faliure notification after sending a mail using mailx. -v option can be used to get the message failure notification if any.. is there any option to get the message success notification? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoharg
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx - Adding timestamp in CSV file

Hi allI am mailing csv file to our lotusnote server using shell script. I am using command to get require date/time :date +"%d%b%y-%X%p"File name is :TESTFILE-29Jan14-09:00:00AM.csv.When I am receving this on lotusnote server coming as "00AM.csv" rest of the string is getting truncated. I feel due... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx is adding a random "!" in the middle of my mail

I made a script that sends an email with one long line, line looks like this. UY453;HJ345;BM342;JH526;HJ245;HJ234;NM235;........JK453;SD245; The mail has about 200 of those IDs in one line, each ID is separtated by ";". The problem is that there is a random exclemation mark and it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajetangay
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

All output to terminal pager by default

How can I have all my output to a terminal pager by default. I want all output to pause once screen is full. Piping to more does not work if the app/script is interactive (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
2 Replies
BIFF(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   BIFF(1)

NAME
biff -- be notified if mail arrives and who it is from SYNOPSIS
biff [n | y | b] DESCRIPTION
The biff utility informs the system whether you want to be notified on your terminal when mail arrives. Affected is the first terminal associated with the standard input, standard output or standard error file descriptor, in that order. Thus, it is possible to use the redirection facilities of a shell to toggle the notification for other terminals than the one biff runs on. The following options are available: n Disable notification. y Enable header notification. b Enable bell notification. When header notification is enabled, the header and first few lines of the message will be printed on your terminal whenever mail arrives. A ``biff y'' command is often included in the file .login or .profile to be executed at each login. When bell notification is enabled, only two bell characters (ASCII 07) will be printed on your terminal whenever mail arrives. If no arguments are given, biff displays the present notification status of the terminal to the standard output. The biff utility operates asynchronously. For synchronous notification use the MAIL variable of sh(1) or the mail variable of csh(1). DIAGNOSTICS
The biff utility exits with one of the following values: 0 Notification is enabled. 1 Notification is disabled. >1 An error occurred. COMPATIBILITY
Previous versions of the biff utility affected the terminal attached to standard error without first trying the standard input or output devices. SEE ALSO
csh(1), mail(1), sh(1), comsat(8) HISTORY
The biff command appeared in 4.0BSD. It was named after the dog of Heidi Stettner. He died in August 1993, at 15. BSD
July 9, 2002 BSD