Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Better way to match a list in awk Post 302909727 by MadeInGermany on Friday 18th of July 2014 03:23:51 PM
Old 07-18-2014
and for the same reason, A[$1] alone defines an (empty) element; no reason to assign a value to it =1.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files that do not match the search pattern

I need to list the files that do not match the search pattern: Example: cat file1 This is how it should work cat file2 This is why I like Unix grep -option? Unix * (or some other command) returns file1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: olapxpert
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

List file in Dir and then match

Hi ALL, I am making a script that search all then worldwriteable dir in documentroot.I have manage to find all the dir now i want to match each file extension in worldwriteable against a list of array which contain file like php html etc,if i find any file then print dirname. Dont see to get any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliahsan81
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk help to match list of patterns and remove from org file

Hi, From the pattern mentioned below remove lines based on pattern range. Conditions 1 Look For all lines starting with ALTER TABLE and Ending with ; and contains the word MOVE.I wanto to remove these lines from the file sample below. Note : The above pattern list could be found in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match username to a name in list!(help:P)

Hello, I'm taking a username from keyboard as input and i want to check if it exists in a list under a directory for example "/home/students/" .... if there is a match i want to type the list... can anyone give me an example or a tutorial to read plz? thnx for your help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lupospiros
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk display the match and 2 lines after the match is found.

Hello, can someone help me how to find a word and 2 lines after it and then send the output to another file. For example, here is myfile1.txt. I want to search for "Error" and 2 lines below it and send it to myfile2.txt I tried with grep -A but it's not supported on my system. I tried with awk,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: eurouno
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and insert in a sorted list

I have a sorted list (python) and I want to insert a string if it matches the pattern in list. Example : Sorted List Above list is in sorted order. I need to insert a name in sorted order and also if the name already exist then it should be inserted before the existing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pratapsingh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to match field between two files and use conditions on match

I am trying to look for $2 of file1 (skipping the header) in $2 of file2 (skipping the header) and if they match and the value in $10 is > 30 and $11 is > 49, then print the line from file1 to a output file. If no match is foung the line is not printed. Both the input and output are tab-delimited.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update file based on partial match in field1 and exact match in field2

I am trying to create a cronjob that will run on startup that will look at a list.txt file to see if there is a later version of a database using database.txt as the source. The matching lines are written to output. $1 in database.txt will be in list.txt as a partial match. $2 of database.txt... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print match or non-match and select fields/patterns for non-matches

In the awk below I am trying to output those lines that Match between file1 and file2, those Missing in file1, and those missing in file2. Using each $1,$2,$4,$5 value as a key to match on, that is if those 4 fields are found in both files the match, but if those 4 fields are not found then missing... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to write a script to match a searched name to a given list?

Full title: How to write a script to match a searched name to a given list, and then returns other names with the same properties Anyway, first time here, hi! So I'm taking an introductory course at uni and there's a question in our lab that asks us to write a script where a user can search a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aheyhey
4 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 0.9.7d 2002-04-30 ERR_GET_LIB(3)