Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script for contains search Post 302908612 by Akshay Hegde on Wednesday 9th of July 2014 05:39:12 AM
Old 07-09-2014
With some assumption, try

Code:
$ awk -F'|' '{ for(i=1;i<=NF;i++){  for(j in A){ if($i ~ j){ print; delete A; next} }  p=$i; gsub(/[[:space:]]+/,"|",p); A[p] } delete A  }' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to search an html file and output links

hello. i want to make an awk script to search an html file and output all the links (e.g .html, .htm, .jpg, .doc, .pdf, etc..) inside it. also, i want the links that will be output to be split into 3 groups (separated by an empty line), the first group with links to other webpages (.html .htm etc),... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyris
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reverse search in awk script

Hi, I am new to awk. Actually I want to search a pattern A, when I get that line with pattern A then for one of the field of that line again I want search on that field (say pattern B)from start of the file. I am using awk. Is nested searching possible in awk? Please do the needful as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: id4forum
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using a script variable in awk search patterns

Hi all, In a script like : job_date=.... ls -l 2>/dev/null | awk -v var =$job_date ' /Name\.Version\.+\.xml$/ { How can i include a script variable job_date store in "var" in the pattern "/Name\.Version\.+\.xml$/" Thanks in advance (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Script: Nested search using different patter

Hi Friends. Please have a look at dummy file. I need to extract from this file: 1. Counts of event= 2. the 2nd coulmn is unique call id of this transaction. Based on that, i have to search for txstatus= . Note: Values of event, calltype and txstatus can be anything. I want to print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itsmesanju
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search

i guys, i have a bash script , and it works, but i need an awk file, and i can't convert this code like: #!/bin/awk -f ..... my script #!/bin/bash awk '/\<FIRST\>|\<SECOND\>|\<THIRD\>|\<ZERO\>/' DOC.txt thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: felito
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem passing a search pattern to AWK inside a script loop

Learning, stumbling! My progress in shell scripting is slow. Now I have this doubt: I have the following file (users.txt): AU0909,on AU0309,off AU0209,on AU0109,off And this file (userson.txt) AU0909 AU0209 AU0109 AU0309 I just want to set those users on userson.txt to "off" in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: quinestor
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search several string and convert into a single line for each search string using awk command AIX?.

I need to search the file using strings "Request Type" , " Request Method" , "Response Type" and by using result set find the xml tags and convert into a single line?. below are the scenarios. Cat test Nov 10, 2012 5:17:53 AM INFO: Request Type Line 1.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to search output for a value and print

GOODNUMBERS="1 2 3 4 5 6 3 3 34 34 5 66 12" BADNUMBERS="7 3 12 5 66" for eachnum in `echo ${GOODNUMBERS}` do echo ${BADNUMBERS} | gawk -v threshold=${eachnum} '$1 != threshold' done what im trying to do with the above is, i want to print numbers that are in the GOODNUMBERS... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk variable search and line count between variable-search pattern

Input: |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:48:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:49:54 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:54:01 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 22:55:45 BST 2016 |Running the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:00:02 BST 2016 |End of the Rsync|Sun Oct 16 23:01:44 BST 2016... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
COLRM(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  COLRM(1)

NAME
colrm -- remove columns from a file SYNOPSIS
colrm [start [stop]] DESCRIPTION
The colrm utility removes selected columns from the lines of a file. A column is defined as a single character in a line. Input is read from the standard input. Output is written to the standard output. If only the start column is specified, columns numbered less than the start column will be written. If both start and stop columns are spec- ified, columns numbered less than the start column or greater than the stop column will be written. Column numbering starts with one, not zero. Tab characters increment the column count to the next multiple of eight. Backspace characters decrement the column count by one. ENVIRONMENT
The LANG, LC_ALL and LC_CTYPE environment variables affect the execution of colrm as described in environ(7). EXIT STATUS
The colrm utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. SEE ALSO
awk(1), column(1), cut(1), paste(1) HISTORY
The colrm command appeared in 3.0BSD. BSD
August 4, 2004 BSD