Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Why script is running sometimes and not running sometimes? Post 302907584 by Sharma331 on Monday 30th of June 2014 09:09:49 AM
Old 06-30-2014
Why script is running sometimes and not running sometimes?

Hi,

I have a script which does couple of database connection and run some SELECT queries to get some output in the file.

I am surprised to see Smilie that when i run my script some times it gives the desired out put and sometimes it shows some error Smilie .

Suppose if i execute it say 5 times 3 times it gives the output and 2 times not

Note: I don't do any change to the script. Just keep on executing it without any change

Can someone help on this??

i am working in KSH

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running a sh script

Hi: I'm trying to run a test.sh script that have all the rights but when i try to run it with the root username or another user it says NOT FOUND but i can edited and view it, i did chmod 777 to make it exe but still doesnt work. what can i do here? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tank
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

when running my script below

as root on test files with !#/bin/bash -x I get my env echoed back to the screen, Have I wrote code that is dangerous?? this dosen't show up if ran as non root user heres what I get back: test> ./rootf off + alias 'rm=rm -i' + alias 'cp=cp -i' + alias 'mv=mv -i' + '' + .... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbslim
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to prevent job1 from running while job2 is running..

Hi, Please I need your expert advise on how to prevent/lock from execution job1 while job2 is still running in Unix... THanks:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tikang
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

My script is not running

I have wriiten the following scripts in UNIX. The file name is bk.ksh rman target=/ << EOF RUN { SHUTDOWN IMMEDIATE STARTUP MOUNT ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch1 device TYPE DISK FORMAT '/u01/oradata/ora/%U'; BACKUP DATABASE PLUS ARCHIVELOG; SQL'ALTER DATABASE OPEN' ;} EXIT; EOF when i try... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: manna
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Running from Shell Vs running from RC script

Hi, i have a script which need to do behave differently when run as a startup process from init.d/ rc2.d script and when run manually from shell. How do i distinguish whether my script is run by init process or by shell?? Will the command /proc/$$/psinfo | grep "myscript" work well???... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running the script as ./ and . ./

Hi All Just have a doubt in running the script... I need to run two scripts... Am first running the setenv.sh as ./setenv.sh and the next script as ./script.sh.But after i run script.sh am getting an error as JAVA_HOME not set. I tried running the setenv.sh as . ./setenv.sh and ran ./script.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Whiteboard
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Total Running Wild

Hi. A shell scripting newbie here. I am trying to write a script that will create a running total of Sales, and increment a counter for each Sales entry, but when I executed the program it never stopped. counter=0 Sales=0 echo "enter sales price" read sales while do let counter=counter+1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Running a script

Good Morning, If I launch a script, for example ./backup.sh, will it continue to run if I log out and/or close the terminal? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script not running

hi i have a alarm file mentioned as below alarm_log.15122017 i want to fetch failure detail but script is not working . kindly let me now where is the mistake #!/bin/bash cd /scripts/ DATE=`date "+ %d%m%Y"` ls -lrt | grep -i "alarm_log.$DATE" cat alarm_log.$DATE |grep -B 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
6 Replies
SCRIPTREPLAY(1) 						   User Commands						   SCRIPTREPLAY(1)

NAME
scriptreplay - play back typescripts, using timing information SYNOPSIS
scriptreplay [options] [-t] timingfile [typescript [divisor]] DESCRIPTION
This program replays a typescript, using timing information to ensure that output happens at the same speed as it originally appeared when the script was recorded. The replay simply displays the information again; the programs that were run when the typescript was being recorded are not run again. Since the same information is simply being displayed, scriptreplay is only guaranteed to work properly if run on the same type of terminal the typescript was recorded on. Otherwise, any escape characters in the typescript may be interpreted differently by the terminal to which scriptreplay is sending its output. The timing information is what script(1) outputs to standard error if it is run with the -t parameter. By default, the typescript to display is assumed to be named typescript, but other filenames may be specified, as the second parameter or with option -s. If the third parameter is specified, it is used as a speed-up multiplier. For example, a speed-up of 2 makes scriptreplay go twice as fast, and a speed-up of 0.1 makes it go ten times slower than the original session. OPTIONS
The first three options will overide old-style arguments. -t, --timing file File containing script timing output. -s, --typescript file File containing the script terminal output. -d, --divisor number Speed up the replay displaying this number of times. The argument is a floating point number. It's called divisor because it divides the timings by this factor. -V, --version Display version information and exit. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. EXAMPLE
% script --timing=file.tm script.out Script started, file is script.out % ls <etc, etc> % exit Script done, file is script.out % scriptreplay --timing file.tm --typescript script.out SEE ALSO
script(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 James Youngman Copyright (C) 2008 Karel Zak This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Released under the GNU General Public License version 2 or later. AUTHOR
The original scriptreplay program was written by Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net>. The program was re-written in C by James Youngman <jay@ gnu.org> and Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>. AVAILABILITY
The scriptreplay command is part of the util-linux package and is available from Linux Kernel Archive <ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils /util-linux/>. util-linux September 2011 SCRIPTREPLAY(1)