Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Data report
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Data report Post 302906946 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of June 2014 06:19:04 PM
Old 06-24-2014
Why do some have extra newlines and some do not?

Why are some repeated twice and some are not?

Please explain the process by which your input is turned into your output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting data to a report file.

Hi all, I'm trying in vain to workout how I can generate a report from a months worth of files that get created every day. There is one file per day and each daily file contain the output from a df -v command. With the following section of code ... for xdffile in $1$2/df?? do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create data file from report file

Dear Ones, kindly help me to create a data file from the report file as shown here under( i am new one to unix KNOW BASIC COMMANDS) file:rama.prt (ist record)(3 to 4 lines of text with different filed names) Name :M.LALITHA DOB:12/11/45 DESG :JA(P) STANO:300175 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvvsnm
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data based on match against one column data from a long list data

My input file: data_5 Ali 422 2.00E-45 102/253 140/253 24 data_3 Abu 202 60.00E-45 12/23 140/23 28 data_1 Ahmad 256 7.00E-45 120/235 140/235 22 data_4 Aman 365 8.00E-45 15/65 140/65 20 data_10 Jones 869 9.00E-45 65/253 140/253 18... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

generate report based on data in files.

Hi All, I need to develop a shell script which does sanity check of a data file, as below. 1. For DATE columns, it should check if date is given in proper format or not? For example, if format of date is expected as DD-MON-YYYY HH24:MI:SS and we received the date in formation like DDMMYYYY HH24,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ace_friends22
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Messaging data into required report

Hello to all; hope someone can assist me in getting the required output that my manager is expecting. I have been able to generate this code which does the comparison of the files and creates the file called diff_fuss_file.txt $ vi fussrpt.pl #!/usr/bin/perl #cd /tmp #rm output.txt ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvolpini
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a report for client with a text data file

Hi, I am an amateur bash scriptwriter and I need to write a script which creates a report in a formatted, easy to read table-like that is displayed to standard output. The script has to export the followings: Process ID,User Name, Command Name,Priority..... Now I have a file that I can see all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashily
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting Report and Reading data and fetching the details from contents file

Data I was trying to write shell script which will be return the output in the below format First i was trying to do these using sed. sed -n '/.ksh/p' mainksh.ksh sed -e 's/*\(.*\)/\1/g' mainksh.ksh $RUN_DIR, $SUB_DIR and the variables which will be defined in the profile file. when i am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshds
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export data from database in Excel sheet with the help of Shell script and automated the report

Export data from database in Excel sheet with the help of Shell script and automated the report every day in the mornig. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help extracting data for report creation

Hi All, is there any way we can get the job names running with particular owner. Example: i want to get the job names running with owner as "autosys" (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
16 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting data from log file to report

I have a log file that looks like this. the lines are grouped. 2 lines per entry. M: 2019-01-25 13:02:31.698 P25, received network transmission from KI4EKI to TG 10282 M: 2019-01-25 13:02:35.694 P25, network end of transmission, 4.3 seconds, 1% packet loss M: 2019-01-25 13:02:38.893 P25,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ae4ml
7 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD