Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sendmail when a process stops Post 302905956 by vbe on Monday 16th of June 2014 09:20:35 AM
Old 06-16-2014
It is more a question of having sendmail installed and configured... which I doubt unless your server is a mail server also... but with a bit of luck may be configured to send to mail server...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

LED stops at 406eoch6 help

Hi can anybody help me when i boot up my machine the LED runs until it gets to 406coch6 and it simply stops their noting appears on the screen...? Is their a website that lists all the codes and their meaning Thanks Liam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lodonovan
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ufsrestore stops

Hi, SUN E3500 box. boot cdrom -s create disk partitions mount on /a one of the partitions cd /a ufsrestore -rf dev/rmt/0n Starts create de inodes Starts the extraction and then...... stops the extraction without any error and didnīt extract all files and stays forever waiting for i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: spacewalker
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh stops a while loop

The while loop exits (early) when a simple ssh command is run. #!/bin/ksh #set -x #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Functions Section #------------------------------------------------------------------------- while : do cat list.txt|while read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bkdias26
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail process "Toomany" system slowing down

Hello Experts I have M4000 Solaris 10 server, from few many days there are too many sendmail and mail.local process starting on server and each time i need to kill mannualy using pkill send mail, some time there will 600 of them taking 30mb memory for each and hence slowing down the server,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

while loop stops after a function...

my ksh script is not working... i wanna remove lines in file2.txt from file1.txt # cat file1.txt this is line one this is line two this is line three this is line four this is line five # cat file2.txt this is line two this is line three # cat my_script.ksh #!/bin/ksh i=1 y=1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: curtis911
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stops and start

Hi, I am not sure how well I can explain this.. Below is the file which I want to perform the code on.. Column 2 are my stop sites and column 3 are my start site.. For every gene I need to look at my starts(column3) and add +10,000 to it only if there is no gene when we move upstream 10,000(... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Diya123
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Nohup immediately stops.

I try and start a short script nohup the nohup immediately stops. Here's the code #!/bin/sh rm backup.out for i in `cat /home/xxxxx/Allservers.txt` do echo "Logging onto $i" ssh -qt $i '/usr/local/bin/sudo "/src/bkupsa"' done >>backup.out Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekrause77
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming directories stops resumption of write process

so lets say I have a process in cron that writes to a particular directory /var/tmp/EXAMPLEA so, from time to time, say every couple of months, an upgrade is made. and here's how the upgrade works: 1. move the existing directory /var/tmp/EXAMPLEA somewhere else and name it differently...i.e.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Clarifying sendmail configuration - sendmail-client offline

Hi all, I have read about sendmail running as 2 separate process. 1 as a MSP, and the other as the real daemon or MTA. In my current configuration, the sendmail-client is disabled. Both submit.cf and sendmail.cf are left as default untouch I do not specified any mailhost... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

IBM eServer X 335 stops boot process at Server splash screen

Hi there. I used to use linux a lot a number of years ago but it has been quite a while so ?I really consider myself a beginner again. I have an old IBM eServer X Series 335 machine and I want to get it back up and running for a number of reasons. I knew that one of the SCSI drives was bad and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filch2
2 Replies
PIDOF(8)						Linux System Administrator's Manual						  PIDOF(8)

NAME
pidof -- find the process ID of a running program. SYNOPSIS
pidof [-s] [-c] [-n] [-x] [-m] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..] DESCRIPTION
Pidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output. This program is on some systems used in run-level change scripts, especially when the system has a System-V like rc structure. In that case these scripts are located in /etc/rc?.d, where ? is the runlevel. If the system has a start-stop-daemon (8) program that should be used instead. OPTIONS
-s Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid. -c Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own. -n Avoid stat(2) system function call on all binaries which are located on network based file systems like NFS. Instead of using this option the the variable PIDOF_NETFS may be set and exported. -x Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts. -o omitpid Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof pro- gram, in other words the calling shell or shell script. -m When used with -o, will also omit any processes that have the same argv[0] and argv[1] as any explicitly omitted process ids. This can be used to avoid multiple shell scripts concurrently calling pidof returning each other's pids. EXIT STATUS
0 At least one program was found with the requested name. 1 No program was found with the requested name. NOTES
pidof is actually the same program as killall5; the program behaves according to the name under which it is called. When pidof is invoked with a full pathname to the program it should find the pid of, it is reasonably safe. Otherwise it is possible that it returns pids of running programs that happen to have the same name as the program you're after but are actually other programs. Note that that the executable name of running processes is calculated with readlink(2), so symbolic links to executables will also match. SEE ALSO
shutdown(8), init(8), halt(8), reboot(8), killall5(8) AUTHOR
Miquel van Smoorenburg, miquels@cistron.nl 01 Sep 1998 PIDOF(8)