Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Upgrading to AIX 7 vs migrating Post 302903548 by ibmtech on Wednesday 28th of May 2014 11:00:49 AM
Old 05-28-2014
To add to Bakunin, the most feasible method of migration is using NIM server, you can do nimadm.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Problem with migrating from AIX 5.1 to 5.3

I'am migrating from AIX 5.1 to 5.3 during migration installation a receive message enough space for dir /usr. My question is : how i can resolve this problem ? i can't reboot my server i hope that there is a command to obtain a spece without go out from installation procedure pannel... I'am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
0 Replies

2. AIX

Migrating AIX users to Linux

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone out there knew if it was possible to migrate users from AIX to Linux. What we want to do is install OpenLDAP on a Linux machine and port all the users over to LDAP. I've googled around and could only find a few things, such as mrgpwd - but that only comes... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: djcronos
0 Replies

3. AIX

migrating easytrieve from Z/OS to AIX platform

Hi, my requirement is to migrate easytrieve running on Z/OS to AIX platform. can anyone let me know what changes should be made if we do such a migration. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit510
0 Replies

4. AIX

Migrating C Application from AIX to Linux

Hi All, I am currently facing new problem of migrating C(c language) application from AIX machine to Linux machine. We are using GCC to compile the source code.. But facing with the compilation issues, with lot of GCC C libs differing between AIX box to Linux box... Pls help me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikc
3 Replies

5. AIX

Upgrading AIX 5.2 to AIX 6.1 - GCC compatibility

Hi All, We are in the processing of upgrading our AIX server OS from 5.2.0.0 to 6.1. And we have a set of highly critical running C applications in AIX box. I have a question like whether this upgradation of OS will affect any C code compilation and C runtime enviornment... how does AIX 6.1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikc
1 Replies

6. AIX

AIX Servers Ugrading or Migrating

:( Hi Grue, I am very new in AIX/UNIX environment. Please give me answer that during the upgrading or Migrating to 6.1 the AIX Server the applications of this server is accessible to Apps users or not? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahniet
2 Replies

7. AIX

Migrating a NIM Server to AIX 6.1

Guys, We are planning to upgrade one of our NIM server to AIX 6.1 from 5.3... Since the server itself is a NIM Server we can't perform it via NIM & I'm choosing to do CD install.. The Install method would be Upgrade installation. Is there anything special that I need to consider before... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkeng808
5 Replies

8. AIX

Migrating from HP Unix to IBM AIX 6.1

HI , We are in process to migrate from UNIX to AIX 6.1 version . I need to understand differences between commands that are used in UNIX and AIX. I want to make sure AIX has all command options avaliable from HP Unix.If any mismatch it should be addressed . Since many commands are used it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perlbaby
2 Replies

9. AIX

New to AIX need help Installing/Upgrading Samba on AIX 7.1?

Hello, I am trying to update Samba on my AIX 7.1 system as there is an issues with it, the smbd process coredumps and I have had no luck figuring it out why. My approach is to try to re-install a newer samba and I have found the latest 3.x package for samba in ppc.rpm format at perlz.org ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
6 Replies

10. AIX

Migrating NFSv3 to NFSv4 in AIX

Hello, I worked on setting up NFSv3 and NFSv4 (novice) shares separately. I was trying to find a way to migrate existing NFSv3 fileshares to NFSv4 as is. I found a redbook online called "Securing NFS in AIX". It has good info. I am able to create a new NFSv4 share, do not know how to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
4 Replies
WIPE(1) 							     LAM TOOLS								   WIPE(1)

NAME
wipe - Shutdown LAM. SYNTAX
wipe [-bdhv] [-n <#>] [<bhost>] OPTIONS
-b Assume local and remote shell are the same. This means that only one remote shell invocation is used to each node. If -b is not used, two remote shell invocations are used to each node. -d Turn on debugging mode. This implies -v. -h Print the command help menu. -v Be verbose. -n <#> Wipe only the first <#> nodes. DESCRIPTION
This command has been deprecated in favor of the lamhalt command. wipe should only be necessary if lamhalt fails and is unable to clean up the LAM run-time environment properly. The wipe tool terminates the LAM software on each of the machines specified in the boot schema, <bhost>. wipe is the topology tool that terminates LAM on the UNIX(tm) nodes of a multicomputer system. It invokes tkill(1) on each machine. See tkill(1) for a description of how LAM is terminated on each node. The <bhost> file is a LAM boot schema written in the host file syntax. CPU counts in the boot schema are ignored by wipe. See bhost(5). Instead of the command line, a boot schema can be specified in the LAMBHOST environment variable. Otherwise a default file, bhost.def, is used. LAM searches for <bhost> first in the local directory and then in the installation directory under etc/. wipe does not quit if a particular remote node cannot be reached or if tkill(1) fails on any node. A message is printed if either of these failures occur, in which case the user should investigate the cause of failure and, if necessary, terminate LAM by manually executing tkill(1) on the problem node(s). In extreme cases, the user may have to terminate individual LAM processes with kill(1). wipe will terminate after a limited number of nodes if the -n option is given. This is mainly intended for use by lamboot(1), which invokes wipe when a boot does not successfully complete. EXAMPLES
wipe -v mynodes Shutdown LAM on the machines described in the boot schema, mynodes. Report about important steps as they are done. FILES
$LAMHOME/etc/lam-bhost.def default boot schema file SEE ALSO
recon(1), lamboot(1), tkill(1), bhost(5), lam-helpfile(5) LAM 6.5.8 November, 2002 WIPE(1)