Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Minicom
Operating Systems SCO Minicom Post 302902800 by Perderabo on Thursday 22nd of May 2014 10:16:57 AM
Old 05-22-2014
I had forgotten about cu. That would be an excellent choice.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux - minicom

hello. i'm attempting to use minicom in linux, but i'm having some difficulties. When i type in "minicom", the application opens up. It says 'starting minicom/finding modem'(something like that). However, once it actually starts, I can't do anything. No matter what I type in, it doesn't work. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kickboxer
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Minicom Scripting

Does anyone have a working minicom script they would care to post as I can't get the scripting working and the scriptdemo and unixlogin sample scripts are on my system either. Thanx, I (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianf
2 Replies

3. Linux

how to test for serial commonication??(minicom)

I am testing for serial comm.......... I got suggestion of minicom.... but when i fire minicom... then i get the following error... minicom minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults Device /dev/modem access failed: No such file or directory. I am using fedora 6 ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

Minicom with VMWare ESX Server

Hello! I have an ESX Server up and running. Now I want to connect a serial device to the COM Port. For that I need the minicom program. When I try "configure - make - make all" I get some errors. Can someone please explain to me, what the problems are: # ./configure checking for a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kickbit
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

running scripts in minicom

Hi, I am new to use minicom. I want script to run on minicom with username and password as automated.(Expect). please could anyone suggest the sample code for it. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect minicom

Hi, I am new to using minicom. I want how to write a expect script for minicom login? I wrote a code but its not acting what iam expecting. here I have my code: #!/usr/bin/expect set fd fconfigure $fd spawn -open $fd spawn minicom expect “enter:” send "\n" send "\n" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

minicom works, but stty does not

Hi all, I have some trouble getting stty to talk to some serial/usb converter. Getting minicom to work was however quite simple after I entered the following settings in addition to its standard-setup: pu port /dev/ttyUSB0 pu baudrate 19200 pu bits 8 pu... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pa-trick
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exiting from Minicom on a shell script

This is what I've tried: #!/bin/sh send sh send showifs send exit ! killall minicom My problem is that for some reason when I do this it doesn't give me the results of the prior commands sent like showifs So I suspect my syntax is wrong. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uradunce
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little script with minicom

Hi all, i must do a little script that send AT command at ttyUSB3.. for example: Start Minicom: Set serial port ttyUSB3 AT+CREG? if response != OK then do something ...other AT command (open a socket tcp/ip with at comman) Send a file .txt for example. exit minicom. I saw on the... (49 Replies)
Discussion started by: enaud
49 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with minicom script

I'm a fairly new user to Linux based systems and am still a little uncomfortable with using the command interface. I'm trying to get my feet wet but have unfortunately hit a wall and am actually not even sure what I am trying to accomplish is at all possible. Basically, I am trying to use a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrdk00
0 Replies
disksup(3erl)						     Erlang Module Definition						     disksup(3erl)

NAME
disksup - A Disk Supervisor Process DESCRIPTION
disksup is a process which supervises the available disk space in the system. It is part of the OS_Mon application, see os_mon(7) . Avail- able for Unix and Windows. Periodically checks the disks. For each disk or partition which uses more than a certain amount of the available space, the alarm {{disk_almost_full, MountedOn}, []} is set. On Unix : All (locally) mounted disks are checked, including the swap disk if it is present. On WIN32 : All logical drives of type "FIXED_DISK" are checked. Alarms are reported to the SASL alarm handler, see alarm_handler(3erl) . To set an alarm, alarm_handler:set_alarm(Alarm) is called where Alarm is the alarm specified above. The alarms are cleared automatically when the alarm cause is no longer valid. CONFIGURATION
The following configuration parameters can be used to change the default values for time interval and threshold: disk_space_check_interval = int()>0 : The time interval, in minutes, for the periodic disk space check. The default is 30 minutes. disk_almost_full_threshold = float() : The threshold, as percentage of total disk space, for how much disk can be utilized before the disk_almost_full alarm is set. The default is 0.80 (80%). See config(5) for information about how to change the value of configuration parameters. EXPORTS
get_disk_data() -> [DiskData] Types DiskData = {Id, KByte, Capacity} Id = string() KByte = int() Capacity = int() Returns the result of the latest disk check. Id is a string that identifies the disk or partition. KByte is the total size of the disk or partition in kbytes. Capacity is the percentage of disk space used. The function is asynchronous in the sense that it does not invoke a disk check, but returns the latest available value. Returns [{"none",0,0}] if disksup is not available. get_check_interval() -> MS Types MS = int() Returns the time interval, in milliseconds, for the periodic disk space check. set_check_interval(Minutes) -> ok Types Minutes = int()>=1 Changes the time interval, given in minutes, for the periodic disk space check. The change will take effect after the next disk space check and is non-persist. That is, in case of a process restart, this value is forgotten and the default value will be used. See Configuration above. get_almost_full_threshold() -> Percent Types Percent = int() Returns the threshold, in percent, for disk space utilization. set_almost_full_threshold(Float) -> ok Types Float = float(), 0=<Float=<1 Changes the threshold, given as a float, for disk space utilization. The change will take effect during the next disk space check and is non-persist. That is, in case of a process restart, this value is forgotten and the default value will be used. See Configuration above. SEE ALSO
alarm_handler(3erl) , os_mon(3erl) Ericsson AB os_mon 2.2.5 disksup(3erl)