Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print lines between strings like *0123456* Post 302901981 by Don Cragun on Saturday 17th of May 2014 12:59:20 AM
Old 05-17-2014
There is a huge difference between printing lines between two given strings and duplicating data found on the 1st line starting with an asterisk onto the ends of the following non-empty lines up to the next line starting with an asterisk.

Do you want to print selected lines or do you want to add data to the ends of selected lines?
How will your script be told which lines to select?

And PLEASE use CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print only lines in between two strings using awk

Hi, I want to print only lines in between two strings and not the strings using awk. Eg: OUTPUT top 2 bottom 1 left 0 right 0 page 66 END I want to print into a new file only top 2 bottom 1 left 0... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using AWK see the upper lines and lower lines of the strings??

Hi experts, You cool guys already given me the awk script below- awk '/9366109380/,printed==5 { ++printed; print; }' 2008-09-14.0.log Morever, i have one more things- when i awk 9366109380, i can also see the Upper 3 lines as well as below 5 lines of that string. Line 1.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print all the lines between 2 specified strings

Hi All, I have a file in which i want to print all the lines between 2 defined strings. Ex- I have file with data as follows STEP1:- ----- has some 20 -30 lines of data STEP2:- ----- has some 20 -30 lines of data So i want to print those lines between STEP1 & STEP2. (line including STEP1)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings

Hi, Please provide shell script to Remove empty lines(space) between two lines containing strings in a file. Input File : A1/EXT "BAP_BSC6/07B/00" 844 090602 1605 RXOCF-465 PDTR11 1 SITE ON BATTERY A2/EXT... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two strings, and print lines containing mismatches

pls help me on this... and im really sorry because i really don't know where to start here... FILE1 ABC DEF 10 2 DEF GHI 11 3 GHI JKL 12 5 JKL MNO 13 7 MNO PQR 14 5 requirements: 1. The third string should only be 10 or 12 2. The fourth string should only be 2 or 3 3. Prinnt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

print lines AFTER lines cointaining a regexp (or print every first and fourth line)

Hi all, This should be very easy but I can't figure it out... I have a file that looks like this: @SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 AGCAGTGGTATCAACGCAGAGTAAGCAGTGGTAT +SRR057408.1 FW8Y5CK02R652T length=34 FIIHFF6666?=:88@@@BBD:::?@ABBAAA>8 @SRR057408.2 FW8Y5CK02TBMHV length=52... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kmkocot
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strings from one file which exactly match to the 1st column of other file and then print lines.

Hi, I have two files. 1st file has 1 column (huge file containing ~19200000 lines) and 2nd file has 2 columns (small file containing ~6000 lines). ################################# huge_file.txt a a ab b ################################## small_file.txt a 1.5 b 2.5 ab ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines in file containing duplicate strings, keeping longer strings

The question is not as simple as the title... I have a file, it looks like this <string name="string1">RZ-LED</string> <string name="string2">2.0</string> <string name="string2">Version 2.0</string> <string name="string3">BP</string> I would like to check for duplicate entries of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines between two strings multiple occurencies (with sed, awk, or grep)

Hello, I can extract lines in a file, between two strings but only one time. If there are multiple occurencies, my command show only one block. Example, monfichier.txt contains : debut_sect texte L1 texte L2 texte L3 texte L4 fin_sect donnees inutiles 1 donnees inutiles 2 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: theclem35
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print only lines where fields concatenated match strings

Hello everyone, Maybe somebody could help me with an awk script. I have this input (field separator is comma ","): 547894982,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900027,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900023,M|N|J,U|Q|P,98,54,3,1,1 234900028,M|H|J,S|Q|P,98,101,0,1,1 234900030,M|N|J,U|F|P,98,101,0,1,1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
2 Replies
.::SWF::TextField(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    .::SWF::TextField(3pm)

NAME
SWF::TextField - SWF TextField class SYNOPSIS
use SWF::TextField; $textfield = new SWF::TextField([$flags]); DESCRIPTION
Unlike SWF::Text objects, TextFields cannot be rotated, scaled non-proportionally, or skewed. However, TextFields can be used as form entries and they can use browser-defined fonts. NOTES
: TextField is implemented into Flash since Flash3. Most of features for TextFields are available since Flash4. Simple HTML-tags in TextField are possible since Flash5. METHODS
new SWF::TextField([$flags]); Creates a TextField object whose behaviour is dictated by "flags" (see also SWF::Constants): SWFTEXTFIELD_NOEDIT: Non-editable Textfiled SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD: Obscure user input with astricts. SWFTEXTFIELD_DRAWBOX: Draw a border around TextField SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE: TextFiels may contain multiple lines SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP: Warp text when text reaches TextField border SWFTEXTFIELD_NOSELECT: TextField is not selected when user clicks on it SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT: Align text to the left SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT: Align text to the right SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER: Align text to the center SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY: Justify text SWFTEXTFIELD_HTML: Add HTML markup string SWFTEXTFIELD_HASLENGTH: SWFTEXTFIELD_USEFONT: Want to embed font SWFTEXTFIELD_AUTOSIZE: Flags may be combined with the bitwise OR operation. For example: my $t = new SWF::TextField(SWFTEXTFIELD_MULTILINE | SWFTEXTFIELD_WORDWRAP); $textfield->addString($string) $textfield->addUTF8String($UTF8string) Add $string to TextField. Text is appended to the existing text. $textfield->align($alignment) $textfield->setAlignment($alignment) Set the alignment of the text in the textfield. Possible values are SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_LEFT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_RIGHT SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_CENTER SWFTEXTFIELD_ALIGN_JUSTIFY By default a SWF::TextField ist left aligned. $textfield->setBounds($width, $height) Sets the width and height of the textfield. $textfield->setColor($red, $green, $blue [, $alpha]) Set the color of the text. An 8 bit value for each parameter. You can use the hex or decimal notation. Even mixed. $tf->setColor(0xcc,0,0x33); $tf->setColor(204,0,51,255); $textfield->setFont($font) Sets an SWF::Font object -$font- to be used in the TextField. $textfield->setPadding($padding) Set TextField padding. $textfield->setHeight($height) Set the height of font in your textfield. $textfield->setIndentation($indentation) Set the indentation of the first line of a paragraph. $textfield->setLeftMargin($left) Sets the left margin of the textfield. $textfield->setRightMargin($right) Sets the right margin of the textfield. $textfield->setMargins($left, $right) Sets left and right margins of $textfield. $textfield->setLineSpacing($linespacing) Sets the space between lines. $textfield->setName($name) $textfield->setVariableName($name) Assigns a name to the TextField which could be used to reference the TextField within ActionScript. $textfield->addChars($string) $textfield->addUTF8Chars($UTF8string) Adds characters to a font that will be available within a textfield. $textfield->setFlags($flags) Set TextField behaviour by "flags" (see above new SWF::TextField) For example: $textfield->setFlags(SWFTEXTFIELD_PASSWORD); $textfield->setLength($length) Sets limit for user input size to $length. $textfield->setFieldHeight($height) Sets height limit for visible part of text field. If $height is set to 0, the height is calculated by used font, see setHeight() method. AUTHOR
Soheil Seyfaie (soheil at users.sourceforge.net). SEE ALSO
SWF, SWF::Action, SWF::Button, SWF::Constants, SWF::DisplayItem, SWF::Font, SWF::Movie, SWF::MovieCip, SWF::Text perl v5.14.2 2011-10-26 .::SWF::TextField(3pm)