Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Inserting a row using shell
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting a row using shell Post 302901537 by Makarand Dodmis on Wednesday 14th of May 2014 08:28:19 AM
Old 05-14-2014
use
Quote:
commit;
after inserting row..You will get correct count...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script add each row value

Hi, I wrote below small script which will add up each row value from a file and print the total, but it is not.plz let me know what is wrong.script hangs and not displaying anything. ----------------- while read line ; do sum=0; sum=$sum+$line; done echo $sum; exit 0; ------------------... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to do row comparison in shell script

Hi, I need help on doing the below thing in shell script. I have a file with millions of rows called "abc.txt". i have another file with millions of rows called "xyz.txt". I would like to do the below operation. Open the abc.txt, read the first line, do some operations on the column... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: informsrini
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need shell script for inserting New line

Hi All, We have standard programming that creates large files. This file is very big. It contains header record,details records and Trailer record. Details record are of 1024 bytes(Each detail record contains summary(512 bytes) and detail(512 bytes) record). My user wants to insert new line... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakumar1231
16 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script shell on line and row

Hello, I want to make a script to do this : the file is with line : TOTO TEST1 TOTO TEST2 TITI TEST1 TITI TEST2 TITI TEST3 i want he become : TOTO TEST1 TEST2 TITI TEST1 TEST2 TEST3 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: safsound
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script: Traverse Database Table Row by Row

Hello Everyone, My issue is that I want to traverse a database table row by row and do some action on the value retrieved in each row. I have gone through a lot of shell script questions/posts. I could find row by row traversal of a file but not a database table. Please help. Thanks &... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahsan.asghar
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting date in unix shell with awk

Hi Friends, I have to insert date in a shell script in awk command., Shell script which i have written split on file into multiple and rename them based on some values. I want to add timestamp in the file name which is formed in after splitting the files. Dont know where am doing the mistake... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish8484
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on inserting data from text file to excel using shell script

Hi, Please help me on this. I want to insert data from text file to excel using shell script nawk -v r=4 -v c=4 -v val=$a -F, 'BEGIN{OFS=","}; NR != r; NR == r {$c = val; print}' "file.csv" I used above one to insert $a value in 4th row, 4th column in an excel file.csv and it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman.frnz
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in inserting values of variable of shell

hi all, i have one shell script like this #!/bin/bash -xv ENV_NAME=`cat $IB_HOME_DIR/cfg/ibProfile.sh | grep "RDM_CONN" | cut -f 2 -d "@"` CURRENT_DIR=`pwd`; string=$IB_HOME_DIR string1="$string/FRGFOLDER/input" #sed "s/string3/$string1" frg_event_src.sql > modifiedinsert.sql sqlplus... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting a row if patterns not followed

Hi all, I have a file of thousands of lines or rows with 2 columns. It is supposed to follow a certain pattern or blocks of 6 rows based on column 1. Below is an example: a_1 1 a_1 0.9 a_1 12 a_1 3 a_1 0 a_1 1 b_2 1 b_2 0 b_2 3 c_1 1 c_1 0 c_1 3 c_1 2 c_1 6 c_1 2 d_3 3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanja
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting shell script input data automatically from a text file

Dear experts, I am new to linux programming. I have a shell script which i should run it on all my samples. I only define input and out put for this script. The inputs are 3 numbers(coordination numbers) which are available in a series of text file. Since i have a lots of samples, it takes a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohamadreza
5 Replies
SCRIPT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 SCRIPT(1)

NAME
script -- make typescript of terminal session SYNOPSIS
script [-a] [-k] [-q] [-t time] [file [command ...]] DESCRIPTION
The script utility makes a typescript of everything printed on your terminal. It is useful for students who need a hardcopy record of an interactive session as proof of an assignment, as the typescript file can be printed out later with lpr(1). If the argument file is given, script saves all dialogue in file. If no file name is given, the typescript is saved in the file typescript. If the argument command ... is given, script will run the specified command with an optional argument vector instead of an interactive shell. Options: -a Append the output to file or typescript, retaining the prior contents. -k Log keys sent to program as well as output. -q Run in quiet mode, omit the start and stop status messages. -t time Specify time interval between flushing script output file. A value of 0 causes script to flush for every character I/O event. The default interval is 30 seconds. The script ends when the forked shell (or command) exits (a control-D to exit the Bourne shell (sh(1)), and exit, logout or control-d (if ignoreeof is not set) for the C-shell, csh(1)). Certain interactive commands, such as vi(1), create garbage in the typescript file. The script utility works best with commands that do not manipulate the screen. The results are meant to emulate a hardcopy terminal, not an addressable one. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is utilized by script: SHELL If the variable SHELL exists, the shell forked by script will be that shell. If SHELL is not set, the Bourne shell is assumed. (Most shells set this variable automatically). SEE ALSO
csh(1) (for the history mechanism). HISTORY
The script command appeared in 3.0BSD. BUGS
The script utility places everything in the log file, including linefeeds and backspaces. This is not what the naive user expects. It is not possible to specify a command without also naming the script file because of argument parsing compatibility issues. When running in -k mode, echo cancelling is far from ideal. The slave terminal mode is checked for ECHO mode to check when to avoid manual echo logging. This does not work when in a raw mode where the program being run is doing manual echo. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD