Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Fedora-Kickstart, chroot cannot access to files been copied inside during %post -nochroot Post 302901019 by sea on Saturday 10th of May 2014 02:48:44 PM
Old 05-10-2014
RedHat Fedora-Kickstart, chroot cannot access to files been copied inside during %post -nochroot

Heyas

I did try with several paths, and it ran several times, so i'm tired of rebuilt it (takes 30min and laptop is up to 90+C on cpu temp) just to see an empty skeleton dir.

I once had the kickstart files in the root dir, but somehow the files retrieved from git, seem to be missing.
Had them saved to $root/tmp/BLUB first, but since they disapread on the live image, i'd started to assume the /tmp dir might been 'overwritten', thus the files wouldlie beneath the mountpoint of /tmp, right?

Not all kickstarts posted, only the one/two relevant, and the script with wich i build the iso.

Any ideas why those code from GIT is available on local host (nochroot) /mnt/sea_awesome_wm/install_root/sea/GIT-THINGS, but fails to be found in chroot?
edit /* doing so to avoid the need of establishing an internetconnection (bind) from within/out the chroot */

Thank you in advance for any thoughts / input.

EDIT:
All files can be found at https://github.com/sri-arjuna/awesome-spin

Last edited by sea; 05-10-2014 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: some updates/fixes

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

monitoring files copied onto hard disk

hi... i need pointers to books/website... 'm trytin to write a daemon that monitors files of particular type(eg. text or pdfs) copied onto the hard disk. the daemon should detect the above n write the file name (along with the absolute path) to a file. please DO NOT give me the code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_abhijith
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ignoring already copied files

I'm almost brand new to UNIX, so I have no idea if how easy or difficult this would be, or if it's even possible. I've been using FTP to copy a total of about 150gb of files to a remote drive. Since the directory being copied is so large, I've been trying to break it up into smaller chunks based... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvandyke
0 Replies

3. Linux

Unable to access fedora 10 shared folder from windows

Linux OS : Fedora 10 (No graphical mode) Windows OS : XP and Windows Server NT I am able to access from my windows to linux using following step //fedora10 ip username of admin and password I am able to view the admin and shared printer of fedora 10. When i try to enter in the admin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nightmare49
0 Replies

4. Debian

Secure ftp access to outside chroot

I want to setup ftp on my home server running debian 5.0 I found this guide and have read it carefully. Virtual Hosting With PureFTPd And MySQL (Incl. Quota And Bandwidth Management) On Debian Lenny | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials Before I install/config it I want to know if its... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chipmunken
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Monitor files being copied/accessed

Hello, Is there a way (without 3rd party software) to know if a file has been accessed and/or copied ? I'm interested in any solution : doing command line instructions , running background scripts etc... I apologize if I posted this in the wrong forum. Thank you! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prostiiinet
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

chroot openssh access www folder

here is the setup<br/> sshd_config: <pre> Match User sftp ChrootDirectory /chroot/sftp </pre> I connect just fine to the folder <pre>/chroot/sftp</pre> However I cannot access the website developer folder due to it being outside the scope of the defined chrootdirectory... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dunpealslyr
2 Replies

7. AIX

openssh chroot facility and directory access

Good day. I currently have a request to have sftp access to a specific directory for a user(s). They can have access to that folder only, and nothing below it. Now here is the gotcha that seems to be catching me. The folder they need access to is NOT owned by root, and most of the parent... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: smurphy_it
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

no of files copied by scp command

hi, I have a script which copy files by using scp command. when i run that script, i can see the process meter but I want to know how many files have been copied. suppose, by using scp 10 files is being copied and I can see process meter for all 10 files. but i also want to see ... that 10... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check files copied from remote server

There is a process which copy files form unix a to unix b I would like to check whether all files copied from a to b or not ,and list which are the missing files. Is there a command to check like that (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies
CHROOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						 CHROOT(8)

NAME
chroot -- change root directory SYNOPSIS
chroot [-u -user] [-g -group] [-G -group,group,...] newroot [command] DESCRIPTION
The chroot command changes its root directory to the supplied directory newroot and exec's command, if supplied, or an interactive copy of your shell. If the -u, -g or -G options are given, the user, group and group list of the process are set to these values after the chroot has taken place. See setgid(2), setgroups(2), setuid(2), getgrnam(3) and getpwnam(3). Note, command or the shell are run as your real-user-id. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variable is referenced by chroot: SHELL If set, the string specified by SHELL is interpreted as the name of the shell to exec. If the variable SHELL is not set, /bin/sh is used. SEE ALSO
chdir(2), chroot(2), environ(7) HISTORY
The chroot utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. SECURITY CONSIDERATIONS
chroot should never be installed setuid root, as it would then be possible to exploit the program to gain root privileges. 4.3 Berkeley Distribution October 6, 1998 4.3 Berkeley Distribution